Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's for TEA? (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=67736)

malachite 09-18-2006 06:05 PM

Re: What's for TEA?

I need to learn how to cook more things.

TurdBerglar 09-18-2006 10:07 PM

those green beans are fucking huge

na§tee 09-20-2006 02:23 PM

cherry tomato, tomato, queen olive, red onion, chilli, and garlic pasta sauce..

obviously in preparation, and obviously not just for me. absolutely a delicious experiment!

TurdBerglar 09-20-2006 09:16 PM

it needs some chicken or something

zippo 09-20-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pres Zount
that's a meal of milleson proportions (y)

take that back

Pres Zount 09-20-2006 09:52 PM

ummm, no.

It looks real tasty. and it has a coconut covered thing, too. I love coconut covered things.

zippo 09-20-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

ummm, no.

It looks real tasty. and it has a coconut covered thing, too. I love coconut covered things.

it looks real good but i just feel milleson owns this thread

zorra_chiflada 09-20-2006 10:37 PM

milleson just owns in general

na§tee 09-21-2006 06:07 AM

aw, zippo! :( can i not post my culinary inventions anymore? i like food, and photography, and food photography, and it keeps me entertained in the evening.

turd; imma off the meat for now; it's too expensive and i don't like it in pasta sauce anyhoo. we did add some feta though, if that makes a diary-themed difference.

cosmo105 09-22-2006 09:31 PM

i made this shit from scratch. no premade broth, no boxed mixes. fresh veggies. yeah, the beans were canned, and i used a few frozen things toward the end, but it was almost all fresh. and it was delish. kitchen sink minestrone.

mirepoix (more or less, + garlic)

+ tomato sauce, then browned in oven

then stewed in water with spices (sage, basil, italian blend) for a good 45 minutes, then strained = vegetable stock!

starting some wild rice (i ended up not using the rice cooker because it was way too much for that little baby thing)

celery and heirloom tomatoes (look how richly colored and beautiful they are, mmm so succulent. anyone that doesn't like tomatoes needs to try heirloom variety tomatoes.)

not quite as pretty, some canned kidney beans.

cosmo105 09-22-2006 09:34 PM

rice is cookin' up...

added slices of red potatoes and all other veggies (including some frozen "soycutash" with corn and soybeans and red bell peppers)to broth...simmered stew for a while.

pretty pretty rice all done.

serve rice with a pat of (vegan) butter and lemon pepper, and white wine.
:cool:

zorra_chiflada 09-22-2006 09:42 PM

joe is making me post this giant plate of pasta. he's proud of it. he said it was tasty and there was lots of it.

Dorothy Wood 09-22-2006 09:42 PM

:( I don't wanna eat that :(

skra75 09-22-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo105
serve rice with a pat of (vegan) butter and lemon pepper, and white wine.
:cool:

Damn, looks great. I'd post a picture of the Shit Clam Cakes I ate at the bar but you bastards don't want to see them. Plus I didn't take a picture.

jabumbo 09-23-2006 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by na§tee
aw, zippo! :( can i not post my culinary inventions anymore? i like food, and photography, and food photography, and it keeps me entertained in the evening.

turd; imma off the meat for now; it's too expensive and i don't like it in pasta sauce anyhoo. we did add some feta though, if that makes a diary-themed difference.

just tomatoes, olives, and onions?

na§tee 09-23-2006 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabumbo
just tomatoes, olives, and onions?

well, yes. and garlic and chillies and feta and.. pasta. what's up with that? simple is your friend. i totally spelt dairy wrong up there.

turd - just for you (and also because i'm seeing my boyfriend for the first time in 5 weeks and this is his favourite meal, apparently, even though i have never seen him eat it in the 5 years we've been together!) i'm going to make a really masculine and meat-filled meal tonight. watch out!

zippo 09-23-2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by na§tee

it keeps me entertained in the evening too

i love this thread, i love it

zippo 09-23-2006 05:06 PM

i love it

na§tee 09-25-2006 11:46 AM

jamie oliver's lamb curry

i made it from scratch but i didn't photograph the whole process, so y'all just gotta believe me. basically it's a whole load of 'erbs and spices and vegetables and what not pounded together and then whisked together and you have your curry paste and then you put the paste in the oven for freakin' 90 minutes and then you put your lamb in and simmer for about an hour until tender and yeah, that's about it. heh.

teh lamb. meat for turd. man, it took me ages to find lamb. i had to have diced leg of lamb but in the absence of it diced, i did it myself with some difficulty. and lordy - it was so expensive! last time i've having lamb in a while.

teh finished result. with basmati rice, naan bread, homemade raita and ice cold tiger beer. it tasted better than it looks. curry has the misfortune of looking like brown liquid shit no matter how much love and attention you put into it. it was more red in real life.

teh manfriend and flatmate. satisfied customers?

ranald & educational walls:

na§tee 12-11-2006 02:52 PM

thought i'd RESCUE YOUR THREAD, pres

egg and beans on toast :/ the wii has forced me into poverty. but tasty poverty nonetheless.

zorra_chiflada 12-11-2006 03:09 PM

is your boyfriend turd?

na§tee 12-11-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorra_chiflada
is your boyfriend turd?

no? :confused:

na§tee 12-11-2006 04:53 PM

hey, i thought about this for like 10 minutes and then i was like "is zorra calling my boyfriend a piece of shit?" and then i was like "no, she wouldn't do that" and then i was like "well.. does ranald look like turdburglar then?" and i said to myself "i can't really remember what turd looks like nowadays eh" and then "maybe turd has expressed a deep interest in beef curry" or "he wears glasses and has a fat lip too" or.. you get the picture.

zorra_chiflada 12-12-2006 01:54 AM

he has glasses and hair

TurdBerglar 12-12-2006 02:10 AM

my hair's better than that!

he has better glasses though

zorra_chiflada 12-12-2006 02:12 AM

kinda looks like a darker version of joe's middle brother as well.

Pres Zount 12-12-2006 03:51 AM

Yeah, he looks a bit like a cross between my two brothers and turd.

Ahem.

Lamb is so cheap here I can't even be fucked eating it. I don't really like lamb. But curried anything is nice. So I guess your meal is ok.

I don't really like baked beans. Can't you eat tasty poor food, like pasta? you can find good examples of pasta in some of my previous posts. I don't like baked beans, so you obviously aren't allowed to eat it anymore, either.

Lyman Zerga 12-12-2006 03:53 AM

every guy with hair and glasses looks like turd

na§tee 12-12-2006 03:59 AM

hair and glasses, omg!

turd, i haven't seen a picture of you in years. lemme see! he'll be pleased about the glasses but i'm not so sure. oh man, when he was younger he had those huge 3 inch thick motherfuckers. poor guy. he really can't see all that well. but new technology and new, thinner lenses eh? he's had two pairs of glasses in the fives years i've known him and they were both the same style. sometimes he wears contacts but he's a big pussy and it makes his delicate sensitive wickle eyes water. fanny!

this is a better representation of him though. he's all about the frown, bottom lip, "tampon nostrils" (his phrase not mine) and potential monobrow. i pushed back the "fat" on his face at his request. hahaha.

na§tee 12-12-2006 04:03 AM

Quote:

Yeah, he looks a bit like a cross between my two brothers and turd.

Ahem.

Lamb is so cheap here I can't even be fucked eating it. I don't really like lamb. But curried anything is nice. So I guess your meal is ok.

I don't really like baked beans. Can't you eat tasty poor food, like pasta? you can find good examples of pasta in some of my previous posts. I don't like baked beans, so you obviously aren't allowed to eat it anymore, either.

the lamb curry was great, trust me. jamie oliver said so. so tender and mmmm. DID YOU KNOW i raised an orphan lamb before in my garage? had to get up at 6am every morning to bottlefeed that motherfucker for weeks. iz true.

i like baked beans but never used to when younger. i hatehatehate them when they even go slightly cold. can't touch em. i live off pasta and assorted vegetables on my other poor days but it gets me super fat. also, i had no vegetables. so beans it was. i may make something better this evening though just to redeem myself.