Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Frequent Post Archive (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   BEst Beasties Video (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=26392)

steve-onpoint 05-16-2005 04:30 AM

Re: BEst Beasties Video

i always enjoyed the simplicity of 'So Whatcha Want.' y'all can try... but you can't front on dat.

IronicAllure 08-01-2005 11:54 PM

1.Sabotage
2.No Sleep Till Brooklyn
3.Netty's Girl
4.So What'cha Want(3 shot version on the Anthology Dvd :D)
5.Sure Shot
6.Hold It Now Hit It
7.Shake Your Rump
8.Root Down
9.Fight For Your Right(To Party)
10.Hey Ladies
Aw shit can't just say 5... (n)

IronicAllure 08-02-2005 12:15 PM

^ I also really like Ricky's Theme too (y)
All their videos are good
:rolleyes:

dave790 08-02-2005 01:24 PM

I don't know about best, but of the top of my head these are my favourites...

1. An Open Letter To NYC
2. So What'Cha Want
3. Intergalactic
4. Sure Shot
5. 3 MC's

Actually they'e not, fuck it they're all good :)

CHiMmY BeAStIe! 08-02-2005 04:39 PM

to be honest, thought ive been a huge fan of the beastie for along time, i havent seen all there videos, i dont know were to get most of them beside the more common ones.
but out of the ones ive seen so far
1.Intergalactic- just because its crazy and wacky and they pulled it off so well, and its cool when theres dancing in the subways of japan and stuff, and its fits the song so well.
2.Sabotage- another parady type thing that they pulled off wonderfully, what with the hectily funny chase scenes, and spike jonzes great directing, and it went with the song really well.
3.Body moving - Its just so crazy and obsurd and rediculous, nothing makes since, my favorite is the colonial guy as a secuity guard, Oh mike D.
4.ch-check it out - it had some funny stuff to it
5.root down - i like the skateboarding and breakdancing and city views, and directing
6. Alive - that was just funny too, running around the city during in there matching winter suites during summer, and there moon boots.

Basically i like there wackyier goofier more creative videos.
I thought it was funny in TT when bigfoot was running through the city, i think that wasnt set up, that was alot of people who looked really shocked and confused. and the directing in OLTNY was pretty cool.
I saw a clip from sure shot and its seems like i would have really liked it and it would have fit the song, but i dont know for sure.
Personally i dont care for most of their older videos like NSTB and FFYR, there just lack the same originality, creativity, and all aroung greatness.(just my opinion)

Does anybody know where i can get all their lesser known videos, to doawload preferably, liek a wepage or somthing beside like kazza including the minor thread and remix ones?

dave790 08-02-2005 05:34 PM

there's the site, which probably has more video's than your average bands webpage.

also the video anthology may be worth checking out...i mean the holy snappers video is hardly well known.

i'm sure there's other places internet-wise, apologies though cos i can't really think of any. you can get clips of all them at mtv.com though (y)

Chicka B 08-02-2005 05:58 PM

I still need to gets the Sabotage DVD then I'll be set. I need to see Jimmy James, Time For Livin, and you know all the ones on there but right now my favorite for each album is...

LTI- Hold it now hit it
PB- Shake your Rump
CYH- So Whatcha Want
IC- Root Down
HN- Intergalactic
TT5B- Open Letter To New York City

dave790 08-02-2005 06:23 PM

the jimmy james one is good, simple...but the sky looks awesome ( :confused: lol), and the camera shot is nice. also the mullethead video's good, some cool shots of Yauch snowboarding. Check It Out (y)

midzi 08-03-2005 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHiMmY BeAStIe!
to be honest, thought ive been a huge fan of the beastie for along time, i havent seen all there videos, i dont know were to get most of them beside the more common ones.
but out of the ones ive seen so far
1.Intergalactic- just because its crazy and wacky and they pulled it off so well, and its cool when theres dancing in the subways of japan and stuff, and its fits the song so well.
2.Sabotage- another parady type thing that they pulled off wonderfully, what with the hectily funny chase scenes, and spike jonzes great directing, and it went with the song really well.
3.Body moving - Its just so crazy and obsurd and rediculous, nothing makes since, my favorite is the colonial guy as a secuity guard, Oh mike D.
4.ch-check it out - it had some funny stuff to it
5.root down - i like the skateboarding and breakdancing and city views, and directing
6. Alive - that was just funny too, running around the city during in there matching winter suites during summer, and there moon boots.

Basically i like there wackyier goofier more creative videos.
I thought it was funny in TT when bigfoot was running through the city, i think that wasnt set up, that was alot of people who looked really shocked and confused. and the directing in OLTNY was pretty cool.
I saw a clip from sure shot and its seems like i would have really liked it and it would have fit the song, but i dont know for sure.
Personally i dont care for most of their older videos like NSTB and FFYR, there just lack the same originality, creativity, and all aroung greatness.(just my opinion)

Does anybody know where i can get all their lesser known videos, to doawload preferably, liek a wepage or somthing beside like kazza including the minor thread and remix ones?

The best place where you can find all the videos is the hub

Or as dave790 said you can buy video anthology.Sabotage dvd/vhs and Licensed to ill vhs are also worth checking out.

Which videos are you looking for?

mariusZZZ 08-04-2005 01:10 PM

1.So whatcha want
2.Sure shot
3.Intergalactic

Floyd Pepper 08-06-2005 01:33 AM

So many great videos its, so difficult to choose, but I'd have to go with Sabotage as the "best" b-boy video.

romanpetr 08-06-2005 02:05 AM

1.So What'cha Want
2.Sabotage
3.Intergalactic

IronicAllure 08-06-2005 08:09 PM

^ How Come You are able to use that avatar I tried one with the same size and Kb and it said it was too big? :confused:

midzi 08-11-2005 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHiMmY BeAStIe

you can only watch it
Time for livin

scotty_ticks 08-11-2005 11:50 AM

1. so whatcha want
2. sabotage
3. body movin
4. ch-check it out
5. fight for the right to party, sure shot, intergaltic
6. three mc's and one dj
7. no sleep till
8. alive

Funkyfreshgrape 08-11-2005 01:01 PM

1. Tripe Trouble
2. Alive
3. Jimmy James
4. Fight for your Right (to Party)
5. A open letter to NYC

The BEst is... Sabotage!!!

- :D

laurie_hammy 09-09-2005 01:20 AM

LTI: Fight For Your Right

PB: Shake Your Rump/Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun

CYH: Pass The Mic/ So Whatcha Want/Gratitude

IC: Sure Shot/Sabotage

HN: Three MC's And One DJ/Intergalactic

TT5B: Ch-Check It Out/Rhyme The Rhyme Well/Triple Trouble

My BEST BEST prob "Alive"

laurie_hammy 09-09-2005 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurie_hammy
LTI: Fight For Your Right

PB: Shake Your Rump/Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun

CYH: Pass The Mic/ So Whatcha Want/Gratitude

IC: Sure Shot/Sabotage

HN: Three MC's And One DJ/Intergalactic

TT5B: Ch-Check It Out/Rhyme The Rhyme Well/Triple Trouble

My BEST BEST prob "Alive"

WORST POST EVER, pretty much named half of the Videos from each album. :rolleyes:

Irena 09-09-2005 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Eric H Show
It would have 2 be sabotage. It goes soo good wit the song.
Everytime I hear the song, it makes me think of the video. Spike Jonze is a genius.

(y) (y) (y)

solesaurust 09-18-2005 02:05 PM

My God, too hard to choose, but I'll do my best (in order of preference)
1) Sabotage (I knew the BB with that video, and back at that time, I heard a completely different kind of songs - balads and all that... - and it just blew my mind. I remembered thinking how great those guys were!!!)
2) Right Right Now Now (I think it deserves more credits. Beautiful, sutil, wonderful, magnificente, etc., video!).
3) Root Down
4) Intergalactic
5) one from Paul's Boutique, that I don't know the name, but it's all drawings of the BB performing live, and the chorus is a girl's voice... do you know the name?

kleptomaniac 10-30-2005 07:37 PM

1. so what'cha want?
2. intergalactic
3. hold it now, hit it
4. pass the mic
5. hey ladies
6. sure shot
7. body movin'

actually, i'm not even sure....it's sooo hard to decide!!!!!

miss pie 11-16-2005 09:44 PM

alive...i love those furry suits.
and the spring shoes.
and the bikes.

intergalactic...again, love the suits.
and i like in the 'anthology' dvd when mike d says that it looks like they're wearing dipers - makes me laugh every time.

guyute88 11-18-2005 04:01 PM

the best vid is gratitude, but if your not a pink floyd fan you won't get it. also the brassmonkey from msg 04' but thats because i'm the jackass telling everyone to get on the dvd.

miss pie 11-19-2005 01:15 AM

Gratitude is awsome - it's shot in Rotorua - New Zealand.
And to guyute88 - that's really cool that you got to be part of Brass Monkey! How did you do it?

guyute88 11-21-2005 08:28 AM

glad to see gratitude getting respect, it is the best by far.

Lollapalooza 11-23-2005 01:31 PM

:D :D Best Beastieboys video is Sure shot

kleptomaniac 11-23-2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lollapalooza
:D :D Best Beastieboys video is Sure shot

they look so sexy in tuxedos....i wanna ask them to go to prom with me.. :o :D

In_Utero 11-24-2005 03:14 PM

My favorites are Alive, 3 MCs and 1 DJ, Shake Your Rump, and Sabotage.

laurie_hammy 12-08-2005 02:22 AM

Ch-Check It Out camera angles on Solid Gold Hits ;)

Jabbadahut 12-11-2005 05:05 PM

Intergalactic
Shake your rump
Sabotage
Hey Ladies
Triple Trouble