Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ARTS THREAD (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=59276)

drizl 05-16-2006 05:41 AM

Re: ARTS THREAD

some really talented folks here! alexandra, AWESOME pictures...i love the one with the yard and the lights for some reason...and your sense of color and space is really good! zorra, nice sketches!! beastieangel, also good stuff! compact flourescent! keep posting!

alexandra 05-16-2006 07:26 AM

hey, thanks a lot, just what i wanted to hear, haha. ;=)

Pres Zount 05-16-2006 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorra_chiflada
well then, i suppose i'm gonna bring back this thread with a drawing i did with a black marker

You want art? Tony hawk 2 in the bottom left corner.

ericlee 05-16-2006 05:28 PM

just something I did to pass the time @ work

fucktopgirl 05-16-2006 06:09 PM

KInd a bit macabre ,dark side!:D

The expression of the faces are well draw,somehow!

drizl 05-17-2006 11:04 PM

fucktopgirl 05-18-2006 08:39 AM

yea,i like that!WHat can of paint did you use?Aquarelle?

And what does it represent the center thing ?I have difficulty to see it properly!

drizl 05-18-2006 04:04 PM

thanks!:) its mixed media- graphite, colored pencil, water colors, and ink. i called it nurture. the thing in the middle is wilbertrasse- which is german, its a vortex train, its beasically what happens when you take a stick and pull it through water, or the oar on a boat, you get a train of vortices. thats in the middle because it represents the flow in nature, the tendency towards the vortex, and also a metamorphic sequence in movement that is found throughout nature, starting with linear pure potential, moving towards harmonic (where rhythm sustains life) into disorder...which is then recycled.

the tree shows both its roots and limbs, representing mediation between the positive energy of the earth and the negative energy of the sun...the opening seed (representing life) brought forth from the depths of the earth towards the cosmos...the leaves of the tree represent the change in seasons, as they move from budding, green, red, brown and fall. the plant-like forms under the tree, on the left, move into the ground at the surface, and to the right, coinciding with spring, move up out of the earth representing the breath-like rhythm of the earth, sucking in vital nutrients and energy in the fall and winter, and expressing growth and abundance in the spring and summer.
the lunar cycles above are self explanatory....and define time. the sunrise, constant regeneration and renewal.

i think thats about all i have to say about it:P

drizl 05-18-2006 08:50 PM

thats awesome:)

Lyman Zerga 05-18-2006 09:10 PM

(y)

fucktopgirl 05-18-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizl
thanks!:) its mixed media- graphite, colored pencil, water colors, and ink. i called it nurture. the thing in the middle is wilbertrasse- which is german, its a vortex train, its beasically what happens when you take a stick and pull it through water, or the oar on a boat, you get a train of vortices. thats in the middle because it represents the flow in nature, the tendency towards the vortex, and also a metamorphic sequence in movement that is found throughout nature, starting with linear pure potential, moving towards harmonic (where rhythm sustains life) into disorder...which is then recycled.

the tree shows both its roots and limbs, representing mediation between the positive energy of the earth and the negative energy of the sun...the opening seed (representing life) brought forth from the depths of the earth towards the cosmos...the leaves of the tree represent the change in seasons, as they move from budding, green, red, brown and fall. the plant-like forms under the tree, on the left, move into the ground at the surface, and to the right, coinciding with spring, move up out of the earth representing the breath-like rhythm of the earth, sucking in vital nutrients and energy in the fall and winter, and expressing growth and abundance in the spring and summer.
the lunar cycles above are self explanatory....and define time. the sunrise, constant regeneration and renewal.

i think thats about all i have to say about it:P

awesome description!:)
Did you think about this before doing your thing?Or you just did it and then after you analyse it?

I like linear pure potential!!

drizl 05-18-2006 09:53 PM

thanks fucktopgirl!
it evolved...started as a sketch idea centered around the tree.

im trying to get over the over-conceptual:confused:

Lyman Zerga 05-19-2006 05:51 PM

it gives me the scares

drizl 05-19-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norcen

Here's a photo taken with a 35 mm SLR camera. The only thing I did to the photo was making the whites a bit whiter. Also, the face was originally in the center, but I cropped it and added text to what would have been the album cover to an album that is still in the process of being made.

I took the photo under very poor lighting. I used either a little desk lamp or a flashlight, I can't recall. Since the shutter speed was long, I moved slightly and it created this cool blurring effect.

drizl 05-19-2006 09:06 PM

ROME
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...zl/romance.jpg

i couldnt post the image:( it wouldnt resize!!

drizl 05-20-2006 07:42 PM

i know! that was the first thing that came to my mind! "wow that loosk like that old face on mars pic!"
cool, i like your photoedit...its surreal.

beastieangel01 05-23-2006 10:25 AM

drizl & norcen, great work!

here is something I drew recently for a project. Suggestive pose was done on purpose. Long story, perhaps I'll share once it's complete:

P of R 05-23-2006 12:02 PM

Hey, Zorra. I like your style. :)

Pres Zount 05-23-2006 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastieangel01

here is something I drew recently for a project. Suggestive pose was done on purpose. Long story, perhaps I'll share once it's complete:

AHAAHAAAHAA! It's wosshername!

Freebasser 05-23-2006 03:59 PM

A thing I did for some Uni shit

beastieangel01 05-23-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pres Zount
AHAAHAAAHAA! It's wosshername!

Kasumi from Dead or Alive.

Basically, I drew a ton of game characters and made a layout from scratch to look like playboy.

I'm not really complaining about the characters per say (although a girl can still kick ass and be hot with NORMAL measurements, vs 20 waist + 38 bust!) but I know a lot of women that think any woman showing a pic below the neck is horrible and degrading "trying to show off" and yada yada. But then LOVE these game characters "heeheehee she's my idol."

Uh, what? How does that make any sense. When the game industry obviously go above and beyond to make these characters hyper-sexual and all but they have no qualms or complaints about that?!

Yeah. My 2 cents.

zorra_chiflada 05-23-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebasser
A thing I did for some Uni shit

that is fucking awesome (y)

TurdBerglar 05-23-2006 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastieangel01

her tits aren't big enough :mad:

zorra_chiflada 05-23-2006 05:37 PM

haha.

joe really likes dead or alive. he says its because "it's a really good fighting game"

ayane is way less of a slut than kasumi.

Freebasser 05-23-2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

that is fucking awesome (y)

Your face is awesome :mad:

zorra_chiflada 05-23-2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebasser
Your face is awesome :mad:

OH GEEZ I'M SO OFFENDED :mad:

Freebasser 05-23-2006 06:27 PM

good :mad:

beastieangel01 05-23-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

haha.

joe really likes dead or alive. he says its because "it's a really good fighting game"

ayane is way less of a slut than kasumi.

hahaha well, better than him playing the volleyball game with the same characters (!)

drizl 05-24-2006 10:34 PM

i like it beastieangel...the idea behind it is great!

drizl 05-24-2006 10:37 PM

/IMG]