Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ARTS THREAD (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=59276)

drizl 05-24-2006 10:38 PM

Re: ARTS THREAD

instigator7022 05-26-2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizl

I love these

real quickly i just wanted to say that the pic i posted of the girl "praying" (even thoguh its not what she was doing) won 2nd place in an art contest i entered! I'm proud because im dumb.

kaiser soze 05-27-2006 04:40 PM

Self portrait for my final.

Approx. 30 hours, first portrait I've done

beastieangel01 05-27-2006 05:00 PM

the shading is very well done (y)

beastieangel01 05-28-2006 11:04 AM

Quote:

i like it beastieangel...the idea behind it is great!

Here's another. Everyone thinks she is fingering herself. I mean, I guess the pose implies that she is GOING to but still. I suppose that's part of the point.

alexandra 05-28-2006 11:09 AM

she still got a cameltoe. (y)

P of R 05-28-2006 11:12 AM

Love the shading, Kaiser. (y)

Audio. 06-08-2006 05:23 PM

this is going to be sent to that amsterdam graffiti exhibition (The Streets Are Ours) that will start from june 23 till the 25th

too bad I can't go but thats what I'll be sending hopefuly this week, if i finish it.

if you are from around there please visit the pub.

Drederick Tatum 06-08-2006 05:53 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

check him out. he's like, all muscled up, got some short shorts on there with a sleeveless vest...wearing a top hat, holding a big axe and a head which he may or may not have cut off, dropping some wisdom about the world today...

with art like that why do I even bother with this uni bullshit?

fucktopgirl 06-08-2006 05:57 PM

hehe,indeed man,you got talent man,keep it up(y)

Drederick Tatum 06-08-2006 06:00 PM

you should see my finger painting. all squirly and shit...it's pretty good.

fucktopgirl 06-08-2006 06:06 PM

yea, what do you use for paint?Do you stick up your finger in your ass and then create thoses marvellous "chef d'oeuvres"?!

Drederick Tatum 06-08-2006 06:56 PM

errrrrr...no.

ericlee 06-08-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drederick Tatum
[IMG][/IMG]

check him out. he's like, all muscled up, got some short shorts on there with a sleeveless vest...wearing a top hat, holding a big axe and a head which he may or may not have cut off, dropping some wisdom about the world today...

with art like that why do I even bother with this uni bullshit?

Best one yet.

fucktopgirl 06-15-2006 07:03 PM

So what does your arts represent norcen?
WHat is the idea being your creation because i assume it is more the idea behind then the actual art of it?

Really it does not give me an emotion whatsoever but mainly just bah. IT is empty and a 6 years old kid could do that, altho i hope it would not because it would mean that the kid have not so much color and imagination in their life. NOw i dont want to be rude but i just dont really understand it. IT does not have a spark or an edge and really not even creepy, more like a tentative OF being creepy.

I mean the doll with blood ...what the fuck ..and the white board..??? The hitler sketches is ok but still, not my thing anyway.
Really i am puzzle!

Anyway, i stay open mind and maybe you can enlighten me!! And please dont take offense!

B4BY 4NN 06-15-2006 07:55 PM

fucktopgirl 06-15-2006 09:01 PM

[quote=Communist Rev.9]
Quote:

I am split on whether or not I actually like the doll piece and how it came out. You need to definitely be there for the whole effect. There is supposed to be cow kidney and heart inside the the far right doll. There is supposed to be mushed up red dyed hot dogs inside the the legs of the far left doll (the one in the closeup) and you can see it hanging due to the feet cut off.

So, I'm not sure I even like it.
Well, what did you wanted to transmitted with this piece, what message you wanted to vehiculated? TO tell you the truth , this piece is not visually attractive. I like art that is attractive at some extent and reflect something positive. Yea maybe you are too much negative in your approach to art and that is why i cannot related to it! Or maybe it lack some kind of soul in it, i dunno and for shure colors, you should put more colors , just saying!

Quote:

The white thing is actually a piece of metal with 20+ hours spent banging the thing over and over with a rusted chain with a padlock and combination lock on it. The padlock broke and the combination lock soon followed. The chain eventually snapped in two before finishing it. Ideally it was going to be 40 hours, but it just got too tedious for me.
BUt why would you spend that amount of time banging on something? TO relieve tension? And what does it represent to you? YOu just like the look of the metal being bang up? What is the idea, concept of it?

fucktopgirl 06-15-2006 09:17 PM

My new creation, it is a commission for a lady, hopefully she will like it because she will pay 300$ for it! :D I am so/so with it, i have to admit not my best!

Hiebz 06-21-2006 02:44 PM

here's some from a very talented friend of mine from college, so by association that makes me somewhat cool

my favorite:

http://www.jessegraber.com/set.php?i..._other_america

check out his site www.jessegraber.com

drizl 06-21-2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiebz
here's some from a very talented friend of mine from college, so by association that makes me somewhat cool

my favorite:

http://www.jessegraber.com/set.php?i..._other_america

check out his site www.jessegraber.com

that does make you cool...great work by your friend!

CJM 06-21-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio.

this is going to be sent to that amsterdam graffiti exhibition (The Streets Are Ours) that will start from june 23 till the 25th

too bad I can't go but thats what I'll be sending hopefuly this week, if i finish it.

if you are from around there please visit the pub.

your stuff is deadly.

drizl 06-21-2006 10:09 PM

drizl 06-21-2006 10:10 PM

landscape

Freebasser 06-21-2006 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B4BY 4NN

HAHAHAHAHA *choke* :D

cosmo105 06-21-2006 10:28 PM

sak is so damned talented, with such a great sense of humor in her work. i just love it.

monkey 06-21-2006 10:40 PM

Quote:

i <3 this

befsquire 06-21-2006 10:47 PM

it'd make a great, but painful, tattoo.

fucktopgirl 06-22-2006 06:57 AM

DRizl, your mandala is freaking nice (y)

camo 06-22-2006 09:22 AM

Three custom canvas's for a Hairdressers

b-grrrlie 06-22-2006 12:33 PM

Here's a quick scetch I did for a customer yesterday