Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie-Free General Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I work with a Vulkan (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=92078)

Bob 08-14-2009 04:17 PM

Re: I work with a Vulkan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuzzolese (Post 1689835)
I still have yet to see him eat anything.

maybe he doesn't like eating in front of people. i've got that

b i o n i c 08-14-2009 04:18 PM

i like this guy(y)

Nuzzolese 08-14-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 1689837)
maybe he doesn't like eating in front of people. i've got that

Yeah, maybe. Maybe he's on a diet.

Echewta 08-14-2009 04:23 PM

Any normal dude would have picked up that you so like him.

Nuzzolese 08-14-2009 04:23 PM

But maybe he doesn't like me.

mickill 08-14-2009 04:25 PM

Maybe he just like the idea of there being a you.

Bob 08-14-2009 04:41 PM

maybe he displays affection by being cold to you

mickill 08-14-2009 04:47 PM

Maybe you're the tarragon that's been missing from his life omelette.

Bob 08-14-2009 04:51 PM

tarragon goes with omelets? i don't even know what tarragon is. isn't that a kind of turtle?

Dorothy Wood 08-14-2009 04:59 PM

no, a tarragon is a kind of dragon.

mickill 08-14-2009 05:07 PM

You're thinking of Eragon.

But tarragon is similar to dragon's wort, which is, you know, commonly found in omelettes at Denny's or IHOP and such.

TAL 08-14-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuzzolese (Post 1689830)
Vulkan was in a good mood today, either because it's Friday or because nobody is here.

But you were there. Or are you a nobody?

Echewta 08-21-2009 11:48 AM

I'm pretty sure he's found out by now and has her tied up and gagged in the water cooler. She can see out of the vents but can't move to get peoples attention. Worse, she is at hip level and has to stare at crouches when people go to wet their whistle.

mickill 08-21-2009 12:03 PM

Somebody should contact the Baton Rouge police dept.

Echewta 08-21-2009 12:38 PM

I wonder if a makeup company has ever come out with a lipstick that was "Baton Rouge" in color.

Nuzzolese 08-21-2009 02:26 PM

I'm totally his safe zone person now. He comes to me for anything he has to do where he needs someone else. He doesn't usually come to me literally, usually it's an email. But that's the same thing! The point is, he chooses me.

I know he doesn't like when people bring their babies around. His hand seems better now. He's giving a lecture on "the nuts and bolts of research" at the university. His dog is, in fact, a german shepherd, and it's a female.

He does eat, I saw him at a grocery store! I couldn't believe I actually saw him out in the world. I said Hi to him but we didn't make small talk or anything. He was holding a box of Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds but he was in the produce section.

Helvete 08-21-2009 02:35 PM

I still don't know what he looks like.

insertnamehere 08-26-2009 02:57 PM

To me it sounds like he has Asperger's.

Slightly related: I'm in love with Young Spock from the new Star Trek flick.

Nuzzolese 08-26-2009 03:40 PM

I considered Asperger's which might explain his seeming lack of emotional intelligence.

Turns out he's really into The X-files so we've been talking about that. I actually caught him coming into the building from the parking deck yesterday and we talked all the way up the stairs to the office. He doesn't like elevators. It was a little awkward but a little exciting at the same time. I thought any second he was going to ditch me without warning and just start walking away.

Nuzzolese 08-26-2009 04:42 PM

WHY didn't I ask him if he liked Star Trek? Dang. I could have asked him which character he identified with the most.

mickill 08-26-2009 05:31 PM

My guess would be Data.

hpdrifter 08-26-2009 05:56 PM

You really think he's a Next Generation man?

mickill 08-26-2009 07:49 PM

So you're thinking Andromeda.

hpdrifter 08-26-2009 07:50 PM

I'm going with whichever one had Captain Janeway.

insertnamehere 08-27-2009 12:21 AM

Sometimes I feel like
I have Aspberger's Syndrome
But I'm bad at math

b i o n i c 08-28-2009 12:02 PM

i really like this guy..

i cant STAND it when people bring their babies to work either.

Nuzzolese 08-28-2009 12:32 PM

I can relate to a lot of his feelings about socializing. I usually just swallow my feelings, though, and try to go with the flow of things. I've always tried to be game for whatever was going on around me. He's the opposite. He refuses to play along. And I love that. I want people like him to know that they're okay just the way they are - you know, in case they ever doubted it.

Doesn't it sound like he has a social anxiety disorder? This is what I know about him; he's impatient and annoyed with emotional people, or personable people who talk about their families or weekends. He keeps a physical distance from most people.

But here's the breakthrough! He had to sign a few things for me, and he stood by my desk signing them all. It took about two full minutes, which is a long time when you thing about standing near someone! He could have taken them down to his office and brought them back, but he didn't. I was silent while he did this, just letting him be next to me without pressuring him to say anything. And then he handed them to me and he left. And that was all. And it was so painful for me!

This is killing me! This is the hardest friend/curiousity challenge I've ever experienced. I know I won't get anywhere unless I take this approach, or nonapproach. But it might not get me anything at all. I know nothing about him. I'm sure that once I do, it'll just be boring old life stuff like anybody else and I'll lose interest. But it's taking too long!!

b i o n i c 08-28-2009 01:45 PM

the only way to really know if he has any feelings is to pay someone to beat the shit out of you and leave you for dead by his car, then see what happens

mickill 08-28-2009 03:39 PM

I think bionic makes a strong point here. That's how I met my wife.

Nuzzolese 08-28-2009 03:46 PM

This is a good idea! I don't want to really get hurt but maybe just a cut or something. If he sees that I'm bleeding and he's concerned, you think, maybe? I could try walking in high heels which is always risky, and it will help me throw myself down on the hard linoleum floor in front of his office, while carrying a pair of scissors, in my mouth. (y)

He is a trained physician, however, which means that he could decide to help me only out of professional obligation. And likewise if I injure myself near his property, he could decide to help me only to avoid looking guilty. I'd have to draw blood and then have him find me somewhere by accident, somewhere away from his car or office or house. How do you knock yourself unconscious?