Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Family Album (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=153)

monkey 12-16-2008 11:30 PM

Re: The Family Album

so nice to see you around msf!!!!!! your nieces are lovely, as are you :)

Dorothy Wood 12-17-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helvete (Post 1637529)
Yes! It's Norcen!

And this is me with some random people whilst I was in Cyprus.

so that's where seth's bangs went!

Knuckles 12-17-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1637554)

Awe, he donated them to Locks For Losers. What a giving soul. (y)

Lyman Zerga 12-17-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1637554)

hahahahahaha

looking way good mister helvete!

and sweet babies and stuff!

beastieangel01 12-17-2008 01:56 PM

MSF! yay. You look great and what a cute niece!

&
lol @ Seth's hair reference.

Parkey 12-17-2008 05:23 PM

Me and Prodigy earlier today. I had man flu. I think it shows...

TurdBerglar 12-17-2008 07:19 PM

man those guys look like complete sketchy dirt bags

Bob 12-17-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knuckles (Post 1637557)
Awe, he donated them to Locks For Losers. What a giving soul. (y)

lol

Planetary 12-17-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parkey (Post 1637655)
Me and Prodigy earlier today. I had man flu. I think it shows...

one of my old lecturers used to go and stay with keith. said he was a nice down to earth guy (y)

beastieangel01 12-18-2008 04:40 PM

ugly xmas sweater party. I didn't have one. I found a random sweatshirt with sylvester ironed on to it for 63 cents. I added more to it before the party so it was a rush job. Boyfriend has a bandanna on due to the site hosting the party giving out swag.

good times.

front

back

Audio. 12-18-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandyFop (Post 1637363)
I didn't meet Kanye or Colin Firth, but I did get really drunk at a White T-shirt party and end up wearing this:

ooh crap! BIRD GIRL *trumpet blow*

edit: unless I'm confusing myself with the Wolverine mask.

Audio. 12-18-2008 04:48 PM

nice stencil beastieangel01, your boy friend has an awesome sweater.

Lex Diamonds 12-18-2008 08:26 PM

My friend's sister got him Mighty Boosh tickets for the o2 Arena. I'm an o2 customer, so I entered (and won) a text competition for queue-jump VIP bar entry.

They had free table football (foozeball)!

They also had small children rolling spliffs!

I managed to get friendly with the VIP DJs

Lex Diamonds 12-18-2008 08:28 PM

Our view of the stage

Intermission boredom (we weren't allowed out for cigarettes)

So I got more pints instead

Audio. 12-18-2008 08:53 PM

awesome dude.

Lex Diamonds 12-18-2008 08:58 PM

Nice avatar, man. It is Rorschach, isn't it? I finished Watchmen last night. What a book, I can't wait to re-read that shit. (y)

Audio. 12-18-2008 10:00 PM

lol nah its not him. Its a character from Capcom's Street Fighter game.

I have yet to read Watchmen, at the moment I feel very apathetic about it. I'll have to watch the movie because these days I'm even up to reading a book.

Anymore picture of the Might Boosh event?

BBboy20 12-18-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio. (Post 1637778)
I have yet to read Watchmen, at the moment I feel very apathetic about it. I'll have to watch the movie because these days I'm even up to reading a book.

Me either but then again, this series seem to be proclaimed as this Mecca all comic book fans must pilgrimage to...it's not like 300 or even some not so important novel but given this kind of aura Watchmen seems to have on the medium, even I would rather check what the fuss is about this comic series before out before even thinking of seeing the film just in case Moore was right about not really being that suitable for films to begin with.

Audio. 12-18-2008 11:19 PM

we'll I'll watch the film first then buy the novel. Right now, I'm stuck with Lone Wolf and Cub series - another alpha of graphic novels (mostly in the manga side).

28 book series with a fuck LOAD of ass beating, old fashion, one man army, Samurai massacre heard through out the ages, with lots of nudity. Fucking awesome series.

afronaut 12-18-2008 11:51 PM

The Watchmen isn't some "fucking awesome" graphic novel.

It's a goddamn classic of western literature.

Read it or stfu.

DandyFop 12-19-2008 12:58 AM

Wowee the Boosh are so huge over there, I can't imagine them filling a stadium like that here. At most people know Old Gregg but can't even name the show. :rolleyes:

jabumbo 12-19-2008 01:02 AM

for all that vip shit, your seats weren't all that close to the stage it seems

rirv 12-19-2008 04:28 AM

Might as well have bought the DVD. You'd have got a better view, been allowed to smoke and the beer would have been cheaper.

Lex Diamonds 12-19-2008 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rirv (Post 1637806)
Might as well have bought the DVD. You'd have got a better view, been allowed to smoke and the beer would have been cheaper.

That's a pretty negative worldview you've got there. Besides, I got the tickets for free, we could see everything fine and I had a lot of fun. And the DVD won't be out for months yet. But I guess a lot of people on the internet find staying at home on their laptop in the dark more pleasurable than going out and meeting real people.

ps
The VIP thing was totally unconnected to the seat positions. I won it because I texted a competition thing while we were having pre-show drinks (which turned out to be pre-pre-show drinks... I ended up kinda smashed).

pps
How ironic that I saw Rorschach in that avatar.

Lex Diamonds 12-19-2008 05:44 AM

This is the tunnel that led through to the VIP.

It was awesome, there was a blue carpet with blue velvet rope which we could just walk through while thousands of people queued for the arena and argued with the bouncers. All we had to do was flash the wristbands.

Jus chillin in the VIP

And here's another picture of me with the DJs, when I was telling them which songs to play. The one on the left took a shine to me, I wish I'd asked what she was doing after the show.

camo 12-19-2008 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Padster (Post 1637815)
pps
How ironic that I saw Rorschach in that avatar.

ha ha for the fanboys!?!? (y)

Looks like a good deal. It may not be as clear as the dvd but it's a night out at the best price for a student innit?

Lex Diamonds 12-19-2008 07:34 AM

Not neccessarily fanboys. A Rorschach test is when a psychiatrist blots some ink between a folded sheet of paper, then unfolds it and asks you what you see. I saw Rorschach in that avatar, hence, ironic.

And yeah it was a sick night, especially for what I paid. Still cost me just over £20 but that's including beer, spliffs, and transport. Bargain!

camo 12-19-2008 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Padster (Post 1637826)
Not neccessarily fanboys. A Rorschach test is when a psychiatrist blots some ink between a folded sheet of paper, then unfolds it and asks you what you see. I saw Rorschach in that avatar, hence, ironic.

And yeah it was a sick night, especially for what I paid. Still cost me just over £20 but that's including beer, spliffs, and transport. Bargain!

Well fans of the book will have got what you meant...thats what I meant anyways. I bet a fair few people who watch the film (and maybe read the book) will have had that go right over they're heads.

I had a mate who used to get me press passes and free tickets at the M.E.N arena. I wish he still worked there - I used to get so many freebies.

Lex Diamonds 12-19-2008 07:43 AM

Actually they never explicitly refer to the Rorschach test in the book so you're wrong, ASSHOLE.

Yeah M.E.N. is nice, when I was a kid I used to always go to the Arena 7 cinema. I remember seeing the Star Wars special edition re-releases there. (y)

camo 12-19-2008 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Padster (Post 1637828)
Actually they never explicitly refer to the Rorschach test in the book so you're wrong, ASSHOLE.

Yeah M.E.N. is nice, when I was a kid I used to always go to the Arena 7 cinema. I remember seeing the Star Wars special edition re-releases there. (y)

Eatadick - if they did explicitly refer to it in the book then it wouldn't go over anyones head.

Wasn't it called the Nynex Arena back then? Edit: Yes it was. I used to go to cinema in Salford and Pilsworth near Bury.