Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Family Album (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=153)

Lex Diamonds 03-18-2009 07:52 PM

Re: The Family Album

Quote:

Originally Posted by na§tee (Post 1655598)
paddy i thought you didn't have any money? how'd you manage that? GUINNESS! i had some yesterday.. served to me by an australian, curiously enough. me: "how'd YOU get here?" him: "aeroplane"

Yeah luckily I have lots of good friends and drinks were £1.50 a pop. I got battered off about £25. :)(y)

Planetary 03-18-2009 08:13 PM

ah irish car bombs. good choice (y)

b-grrrlie 03-19-2009 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennygirl (Post 1655586)
The BBMB Luvvvve Connection!

...and neither of us are Irish nor did we celebrate yesterday ... (just tryin to roll with the convo ;) )

Totally awesome!

and btw, half of the Irish descent from Vikings.... dem pillagin' and lootin' village after village...

Lex Diamonds 03-19-2009 05:05 AM

Yep. My name comes from the Viking for "loch dweller" or "people of the small river valleys". This means my descendants were badasses who got tired of their shitty rivers and decided to go chill on that nice little island away from all the drama in Europe.

Schmeltz 03-19-2009 09:31 AM

^Just how many descendants do you have, at the tender age of 20?

jennyb 03-19-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-grrrlie (Post 1655775)
...and btw, half of the Irish descent from Vikings.... dem pillagin' and lootin' village after village...

so wait a min... I'm half Swedish - does that make me an Irish Viking?! *scratches head* hmmmm I've been told I come from this exotic place they call Caucasia. I would like to visit someday. I think most whiteys in the states suffer some form of identity crisis.

Nuzzolese 03-19-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennygirl (Post 1655965)
so wait a min... I'm half Swedish - does that make me an Irish Viking?! *scratches head* hmmmm I've been told I come from this exotic place they call Caucasia. I would like to visit someday. I think most whiteys in the states suffer some form of identity crisis.

I'm pretty sure the Caucasus mountains are where you come from then, somewhere near Russia.

Bob 03-19-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmeltz (Post 1655816)
^Just how many descendants do you have, at the tender age of 20?

he's such a pimp he's gone back in time and fucked his own ancestors

Lex Diamonds 03-19-2009 08:46 PM

Gimme a break kids I had been awake for 24 hours when I wrote that.

funk63 03-19-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennygirl (Post 1655965)

You're the descendent of human beings that didn't get annihilated by the ice age.

mikizee 03-20-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by na§tee (Post 1655598)
i don't know a single english person who celebrates st georges day. it has bad, you know, NATIONAL FRONT connotations.

australians are a curious case, but i'm drinking beer at my desk surrounded by proofs and my eyes are bleeding looking at indesign all day, so i'm not gonna get in to it.

paddy i thought you didn't have any money? how'd you manage that? GUINNESS! i had some yesterday.. served to me by an australian, curiously enough. me: "how'd YOU get here?" him: "aeroplane"

Ahhh aussie dry humour. There's nothing like it.

case in point - a friend in sydney was telling me just 3 days ago he was on the bus that morning and the most stereotypical amercian tourist compete with camera strung around neck got on and says to the driver, 'hello, does this bus go to the outback??'

Without blinking the driver says to him 'well mate, you know the distance between LA and new york? well our outback is bigger than that. Exactly which part of the outback were you hoping to get to?'

The american said 'uhhhhh.... uluru?'

The bus driver goes 'oohhhh sure matey!!!! just around the corner! 2 blocks away!' and rolls his eyes. The tourist doesnt catch on and happily sits down. The rest of the bus were sniggering. It took the tourist about 30 mins to catch on that yes, getting to uluru might be a bit more difficult that jumping on a sydney metro bus. (try a 6 hour flight followed by an 8 hour drive).

I heart australia

b i o n i c 03-20-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikizee (Post 1656131)

case in point - a friend in sydney was telling me just 3 days ago he was on the bus that morning and the most stereotypical amercian tourist compete with camera strung around neck got on and says to the driver, 'hello, does this bus go to the outback??'

Without blinking the driver says to him 'well mate, you know the distance between LA and new york? well our outback is bigger than that. Exactly which part of the outback were you hoping to get to?'

The bus driver goes 'oohhhh sure matey!!!! just around the corner! 2 blocks away!' and rolls his eyes. The tourist doesnt catch on and happily sits down. The rest of the bus were sniggering. It took the tourist about 30 mins to catch on that yes, getting to uluru might be a bit more difficult that jumping on a sydney metro bus. (try a 6 hour flight followed by an 8 hour drive).

I heart australia

that reminds me of this australian standing on 23rd street looking at the empire state building who didnt know which way 24th street was. what a silly australian(y)

three or four americans patiently told this person the right way to get there.

checkyourprez 03-21-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikizee (Post 1656131)

I heart australia

when am i supposed to laugh?

Kid Presentable 03-22-2009 04:37 AM

Damn, Mike. Proud of a bus driver = way too proud.

Lex Diamonds 03-22-2009 07:09 AM

That bus driver sounds like a cunt anyway. Why wouldn't you just tell the dude that he couldn't get there by bus? Poor guy.

mikizee 03-22-2009 07:22 AM

Well isn't this board full of negative nancys.

You all need to get laid.

Tzar 03-22-2009 08:11 AM

in mik's defence, i would of laughed if i was there too.

mikizee 03-22-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Padster (Post 1656485)
That bus driver sounds like a cunt anyway. Why wouldn't you just tell the dude that he couldn't get there by bus? Poor guy.

because the guy was clearly a fucking idiot and needed to be ridiculed. Its like getting on a bus at JFK airport and asking 'does this bus go to the wild west?'

jabumbo 03-22-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikizee (Post 1656491)
because the guy was clearly a fucking idiot and needed to be ridiculed. Its like getting on a bus at JFK airport and asking 'does this bus go to the wild west?'

well the bus could take you to will smith's house, which is close enough

Freebasser 03-22-2009 09:49 AM

I thought it was funny, but then again, I get my kicks out of human misery and suffering (y)

Lyman Zerga 03-22-2009 10:04 AM

BORING CONVERSATION

checkyourprez 03-22-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikizee (Post 1656491)

thats the point!! who outside of the mentally retarded (dont worry, ive already called and apologized to the head of the special olympics) would actually come to that conclusion.

ericlee 03-22-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Presentable (Post 1656476)
Damn, Mike. Proud of a bus driver = way too proud.

next stop?

;)

Drederick Tatum 03-22-2009 12:20 PM

my favourite question I get asked by Americans in Berlin is, why did Hitler build the Wall?

Bob 03-22-2009 12:22 PM

to keep the communists out, duh :confused:

ericlee 03-22-2009 12:23 PM

I thought it was for the mongoloids..

Bob 03-22-2009 12:55 PM

no, that was vietnam

Pres Zount 03-22-2009 06:04 PM

Yetra Flam 03-22-2009 06:14 PM

australians are so smug sometimes

Lex Diamonds 03-23-2009 09:28 AM

Yo this meant to be a picture thread, stop making it all about Australia and shit. Time to put you onto some slideshow shit, ya feel?

Posted at tha barrrrr

Up in da cluuurb

On the co'ner, slangin that buuuuud

Catchin some raaaays

YA DEEEEEEEEGG????