Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie-Free General Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OH HEY, GOT ANY SUMMER PLANS? (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=94736)

checkyourprez 05-28-2010 12:31 PM

Re: OH HEY, GOT ANY SUMMER PLANS?

first get this stupid summer class out of the way. then...

going to catch weezer, and the black keys and flamming lips.

hit up the summer festivals in my city.

might take a trip out to colorado to visit my brothers best friend with him.

other than that just playing footy watching the cup and enjoying the weather and summer beers.

o yes, cottaging. plenty of cottaging.

Adam 05-28-2010 12:44 PM

Just been thinking about my trips this summer - I want to do loads without any real plans hammered. I could be in europe by end of June but the person I'm supposed to be travelling with is unreliable. It was by a forum and she sometimes doesn't respond for ages so looking at solo travel again - like shall I just head to europe and see where the wind takes me? I'm a a lot more comfortable doing that in the states than I am in europe. Dunno why when its technically better for me in europe but I suppose its cus I know fudge all about that great big mass of land less than an 100 miles to the east of me. Hmmmms.

Camping in the peaks tho last weekend and again twice in june hopefully so thats something (y)

checkyourprez 05-28-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 1734283)
Just been thinking about my trips this summer - I want to do loads without any real plans hammered. I could be in europe by end of June but the person I'm supposed to be travelling with is unreliable. It was by a forum and she sometimes doesn't respond for ages so looking at solo travel again - like shall I just head to europe and see where the wind takes me? I'm a a lot more comfortable doing that in the states than I am in europe. Dunno why when its technically better for me in europe but I suppose its cus I know fudge all about that great big mass of land less than an 100 miles to the east of me. Hmmmms.

Camping in the peaks tho last weekend and again twice in june hopefully so thats something (y)

traveling with someone you only know through forum?

thats weird dude.

thats how you end up cut into little pieces.

Adam 05-28-2010 01:30 PM

haha, yeah. But its a way to go when you're single and all your friends have 9-5 lives here. Potentially every new friend is a killer - its like saying its safer to end up at someone randoms house while intoxicated than it is talking for months while stalking their facebook and blogs.

It was a travellers forum and we've been talking on and off for over 6 months. I also made it clear that if we take a dislike to each other then we head our separate ways. Plus she is a woman and I'm a man, pretty sure I could over power her. It'd be more risk for her to as she is from canada and has further to head back home than me.

The web is the future dude - no need for real life friends anymore.

Helvete 05-28-2010 01:31 PM

I finish my course in July, get promoted, turn 25, get a new car and have some weeks off work. I think I will travel somewhere, I want to go to Israel or something.

checkyourprez 05-28-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helvete (Post 1734288)
I finish my course in July, get promoted, turn 25, get a new car and have some weeks off work. I think I will travel somewhere, I want to go to Israel or something.

go to some place cooler than israel man.

Adam 05-28-2010 04:46 PM

Palistine!?

They're pretty similar

checkyourprez 05-28-2010 06:49 PM

no.

that is worse.

stay away from the middle east death trap.

Caribou 05-28-2010 07:01 PM

First I'm going to finish my exams and on the 16th I'll be going to Belfast for a week with my study-buddies. I've never been to N-Ireland, so am looking forward to it, also because the people I'm going with are awesome.

In July I'm going to Dour festival, this year finally with my best friend, her boyfriend and one of my study-buddies. All MASSIVE party people, so this will be my first Dour where I will probably get COMPLETELY wasted. And watch some great bands while I'm at it.

At the end of august I'll go to my 11th lowlands festival, but sadly only 2 of my friends have tickets, as it was sold out ridiculously quick. Line-up is fantastic already, so I'll have a good time anyway.

And in between all of those things I'll be working and occasionally go to some free festivals in the country and hang out with friends and have bbq's and drink beer etc.

Oh and write 3 essays, but I'd rather not think about that.

Helvete 05-28-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by checkyourprez (Post 1734328)
no.

that is worse.

stay away from the middle east death trap.

I take 'vacations' to places like Iraq and Afghanistan, Israel IS a break.

Echewta 05-28-2010 07:32 PM

I'm going to have ice cream.

skra75 05-30-2010 02:13 AM

I'll be in San Diego again on July 22. hopefully if the stars align and flights are cheep I can get my ass back to the carribean again. Jealous of your seattle trip, my buddy has been living up there for like 4 years, I have been meaning to visit him.

Also, I plan on riding my bike around town in the summertime.

hpdrifter 05-31-2010 12:52 AM

You should, man.

befsquire 05-31-2010 02:30 AM

nothing that i want to do, only things i have to do. including two seminars. :(

roosta 05-31-2010 09:49 AM

Watch the World Cup
Holiday in Japan for 2 weeks, fulfilling a life-long dream.
Chill out the rest of the time. Read lots.

abbott 05-31-2010 10:37 AM

I got a new boat so I have 5 trips planned between now and late Sept, Fishing New Mexico lakes for Trout, Lake Trout, Bass and walleye. Next trip is 3 nights/4 days to Eagle Nest and Heron lake.

Just got the country club membership so I plan on taking the family to the pool and playing golf with my almost 7 year old. Hit a lot of range balls and dial in my short game. She told me she wants to be a golfer so lets see it.. Also she wanted to know if she could have a Beastie Boys themed birthday party and wants to get her own BBoys cd.

Couple of trips to visit my family and wife’s family.

Work.

My youngest turns 2 in August so the beach vacation is next year when we can manage better.

Adam 06-01-2010 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helvete (Post 1734288)

Still thinking of Israel?

paul jones 06-01-2010 10:35 PM

watching the world cup
drinking
working
wanking

p-branez 06-04-2010 12:24 AM

Singapore? is anyone in Singapore? do you know where Singapore is?

i'm here for the majority of the next six weeks. it's warm, but pretty with all sorts of tropical fruits and animals.