Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie-Free General Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is everyone gone? (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100110)

ProfJIM 07-06-2015 10:40 AM

Is everyone gone?

Has it finally happened? This place is no longer relevant?

Dorothy Wood 07-06-2015 09:03 PM

Re: Is everyone gone?

I dunno, I was just gonna come on here and complain about stuff. But if no one is here to listen to me whine, am I really whining?

here's the complaint, skip it if you're not interested in hearing a complaint:
I was told today that I'm "not nice", "disrespectful" and "snippy" because I used straightforward language in a clear an concise way in an email regarding price points, and getting paid for a product I designed. I guess I should've used emojis to convey my niceness :D:D:D

I just read the email again to check to see if I was indeed "not nice", and I really am sure that I was just using facts and logic to explain my point. Which is not allowed in today's society, when will I learn? Luckily I smoothed over my inadvertent gruffness and reiterated my point with a phone call using my non-threatening female voice. All is well now.

Separate, but To the Topic:
isn't email weird? like, is there a definitive format for emails these days? because I think I'm still using really formal language that I learned in high school (might be contributing to my being construed as too serious). There are so many different ways that people write, it's hard to tell what is professional or not, or if anyone even cares? Someone please write a book if there isn't one.

Echewta 07-07-2015 11:26 AM

I come back a few times a year to pull weeds and make sure the locks still work.

camo 07-08-2015 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echewta (Post 1817392)
I come back a few times a year to pull weeds and make sure the locks still work.

So it' YOU who keeps doing that. Word to the wise - those aren't weeds, they're courgette plants.

Echewta 07-08-2015 02:17 PM

What? Really? KAAAAHHHHHNNNNN!!!

hardnox71 07-08-2015 07:58 PM

I pop in every now and again. Like now.

Adam 07-10-2015 02:57 AM

This is like a secret place to whine for me.

Twitter & facebook people know me. This is a whole separate area I can use where I don't want people in my life know what's going on.

FunkyHiFi 07-11-2015 09:02 PM

I haven't been here since last December. :( I don't post much the last few years, partly because I've been unemployed or underemployed and don't have much to write about (unless you want to hear for example how I taught myself to make biscuits & how to make them more, uh, exciting by adding dark brown sugar and cinnamon).

Hell why not, here's some various crap I experienced:

* I watched all of Daredevil on Netflix - what a great show.

* found out my new telescope with 4" mirror should have been named "The Teaser Telescope" because it reveals juuuust enough astronomical detail to make you wish you had coughed up some more $$ for that larger 'scope.

* I discovered Lord Huron's music, like this neat track about traveling with otherworldly & completely unrelated cowboy video: "Ends Of The Earth".

* I realized I hate laptops & will buy a desktop PC with desk & comfortable chair as soon as possible - I don't care if it's not mobile or if desktops aren't "cool" anymore.

There's more similar trivial stuff but that's enough for now. :)

I Want My Mommy 07-12-2015 11:38 PM

I used to be BeastieGuy. I got banned. This was around 12-13 years ago. I stop by every few years to see if things have changed. Nope

Adam 07-13-2015 01:41 AM

I loved DareDevil on Nexflix. Best superhero show made for a long time.

camo 07-13-2015 04:50 AM

It was cool right up to the point where he donned his costume. It was at that juncture that I realised that my love for men dressed in tight-fitting one-piece costumes was running a little thin.

*Please don't insert bondage related pun here *

I felt the same about Batman Begins as well. I was enjoying that until he added the rubber suit and 50-a-day-gruff vocals.

/age

Lyman Zerga 07-13-2015 11:42 AM

shart.

I Want My Mommy 07-13-2015 05:02 PM

Hi randecita

Bob 07-14-2015 07:05 AM

sometimes i check in to see if anyone's posted The Next Big Thread but not yet

Myu-to 07-16-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 1817436)
sometimes i check in to see if anyone's posted The Next Big Thread but not yet

Oh Thank You St. Yauch!!!

I got to see a post from Bob.

And yes, very rare, but I come back every couple of months or so to see if anyone has posted(Like Bob) and to see what awesome wiggly asses Turd has posted in the animated gif section.

I know it makes me kind of pathetic, but I do miss all of the fun we use to have in the early 2000's around here.

ProfJIM 07-18-2015 09:02 AM

Thanks for checking in everyone!

Dorothy, I get that shit all the time. My favorite too is when people think you're being condescending when you use words they don't understand.

As for the rest of you, carry on.

Bob 07-18-2015 10:04 PM

i wonder whatever happened to documad

she was cool

or nuzzolese

how'd she ever get that big avatar

did she end up with the weird doctor or stick to her one true love

as for me, i currently have a girlfriend and have had sex several times

the secret is revealed

i'm 31 so good for me

Lyman Zerga 07-19-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Want My Mommy (Post 1817432)
Hi randecita

hows it going, BeastieGay

b-grrrlie 07-21-2015 01:33 PM

I pop in every now and then, at least once a week to check the non-Beastie free stuff.

M|X|Y 07-24-2015 07:44 PM

Been here a long time and still check in a couple times a week.

Wonder what happened to Nuzzolese. I've been internet-in-love with her forever? What happened to DandyFop? Qdrop? Camo? There should be a yearly check in thread or something

tejana 07-25-2015 12:35 AM

Hi honeys. i'm home.

I'm friends w a lot of y'all on FB, but we can't be honest there, can we? It's so superficial. I say this about once every 6-12 months... but although I really need THIS PLACE, I wait for someone else to lead us back to it.

Love you all. Even the assholes. XO, austex/tejana

camo 07-27-2015 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M|X|Y (Post 1817478)
Been here a long time and still check in a couple times a week.

Wonder what happened to Nuzzolese. I've been internet-in-love with her forever? What happened to DandyFop? Qdrop? Camo? There should be a yearly check in thread or something

I'm still here on and off. I check BG for any tasty tit-bits of info and then pop down here to witness another one of ericg's raps, check if Turd has posted any new gifs and then bump my reply count up with some meaningless twaddle.

How are you?

Freebasser 07-27-2015 01:22 PM

Look at the inane bollocks we were spewing 10 years ago:

http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=52894

Shit seems like a lifetime ago :(

camo 07-28-2015 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebasser (Post 1817489)

Wow, that is an actual headache to read.

Dorothy Wood 08-07-2015 07:54 PM

I miss the times when we were 1337. Sometimes I see those numbers at work for a total or something and I'm like "leet! Remember?!", but then I look around and no one is there. *sheds tear*

tracky 08-14-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebasser (Post 1817489)

Holy shit...

I'm just stunned... I...don't remember this at all. Or like, I dunno, I kinda do, but I don't and I just read words I posted that were not from me...

This is why I love this place and keep coming back though, because I feel like I've left a part of me here and we all have, and all those parts of us are still here groovin' away

Lex Diamonds 08-19-2015 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1817532)
I miss the times when we were 1337. Sometimes I see those numbers at work for a total or something and I'm like "leet! Remember?!", but then I look around and no one is there. *sheds tear*

The unlock code on my phone is 1337 because I am just OG like that.

camo 08-19-2015 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1817532)

http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=89009

Waus 08-19-2015 09:29 AM

I mean, I come by once in a while when I'm bored.

Most of the personalities I knew I'm friends with on facebook, so what would I come here for?

Subnote: I actually find that most people seem more pleasant in facebook context than on BBS.

djB 08-22-2015 05:07 PM

I check back every week to see if Hot Sauce Committee part 1 is coming out :p