Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Political Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Is Obama too Cool for School? (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=97893)

yeahwho 04-29-2012 01:22 PM

Is Obama too Cool for School?

Did this campaign just turn into a race for High School President? Quick article about the republican strategy to not be cool.

Romney campaign pledges no 'slow-jamming' the news from April 29, 2012 LATimes.

“This election is not going to be about who's cooler. The question is going to be, 'Who do you trust to run the economy?'” Peter Flaherty, senior Romney advisor, said during Saturday's Washington Post Live Newsmaker Forum.

Comedy Gold. It's not just reaching for a theme, it's hilarious.

Dorothy Wood 05-01-2012 11:13 PM

Re: Is Obama too Cool for School?

It's sad that Romney's camp doesn't realize that social intelligence is just as important as anything else during a campaign. It started with Kennedy and Nixon, with televised debates. I like Kennedy, but he was in no way qualified to be president and a lot of things went wrong during his presidency...however, he had good looks and good marketing, and a genuine spirit of someone who likes to help other people.

Anyway, any intelligent person knows that you need to market yourself to the public if you want any kind of power, and that popularity actually does mean a lot because the general public is sadly pretty shallow (mainly because government is extremely complex, and needs to be studied and not everyone can focus on it enough to truly understand it. So any reduction thereof is inherently flawed.). It'd be one thing if Romney was genuine, but his personality is a fabrication...so the fact that he can't even hire people who would make him "cooler" because he's lacks so much self-reflection just means to me that he has no fucking concept of current realities and trends, which makes me doubt his observation skills. He's a dork! which is fine, people love dorks. But being a dork means he better be smart (which he pretends not to be), and flawed in a likable way...but the dude is rich as fuck! so any attempt at being "average" is a farce, in any capacity.

Sorry, I just really hate that guy, I don't begrudge him his success thus far...but jesus, his pandering makes me just despise him and think he's a low life with no integrity. bleh. #somethingbetter2016

yeahwho 05-01-2012 11:35 PM

You don't think mittens looks bad ass is his "mom" jeans?

abbott 05-02-2012 08:07 AM

we would be better off with Mike D. for prez.

DIGI 05-02-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1783764)
he had good looks and good marketing, and a genuine spirit of someone who likes to help other people.

As opposed to Ted who was ugly as fuck and liked to let women drown.

It's hard to put into words how fucking stupid the GOP is. It's ok to prop Mitt up on stage at Letterman for a shitty Top Ten rendition, but Obama can go fuck himself for making a mockery of his campaign for his appearance on Fallon's show. They're too stupid to see how blatantly obvious it is for the general public to see how hypocritical they are. Case in point:

"Yo, McCain! Why y'all got a War on Women?"
"We need to work on that."

FAST FORWARD A FEW MONTHS

"Yo, John! Why you still warrin' on the women?"
"Man, that's some bullshit these Progressive fucks want you to believe."

Not sure who manufactured the name, but I like "Progressive." It has a positive swag to it. Of course the Republicans use it in a derrogatory way because they're fucking stupid. If we're Progressive, then what are you? Regressive, mother fuckers!

No shit, I saw a dude on fb today post a comment under a photo of Obama about him "STILL NOT PROVIDING A COPY OF HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE." It's seriously scary how fucking dumb this country is. Assholes like that, that can't figure out how to work Google, shouldn't be allowed to vote.