Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Family Album (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=153)

tracky 02-10-2007 12:16 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
You sure about that, DS? I think you'll find that's back to front

QueenAdrock 02-10-2007 12:43 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
It depends on my mood. I'll say 9th of February or February 9th. When writing it, I'll often write 2/9/07 because that's how it is officially, but doing inter-library loans at my work has gotten me to start writing 09 Feb 2007. I'd still feel weird doing 9/2/07 because that still looks like September 2nd to me.

I'm not very consistent.

Bob 02-10-2007 12:46 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DroppinScience
When listing dates numerically, the US system is MM/DD/YYYY

The rest of the world is pretty much DD/MM/YYYY.

Edit: Whoops, I was dyslexic there. Sorry. :o

yeah but the rest of the world's wrong

you wanna start a war about it? no i didn't think you did

DroppinScience 02-10-2007 12:51 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob
yeah but the rest of the world's wrong

you wanna start a war about it? no i didn't think you did

At least you'd have better pretenses in starting one than the LAST time. LOLOLOL!

g-mile7 02-10-2007 12:52 AM

Re: Hihi flufluflafla!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miss soul fire
I look like I'm blind!


I love that style you got!

digweed 02-10-2007 01:09 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
d/m/y just makes more bloody sense. lowest to highest value. fucks me how americans started using m/d/y

TurdBerglar 02-10-2007 01:19 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
because we're fucking rebels :cool:

Bob 02-10-2007 01:25 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by digweed
d/m/y just makes more bloody sense. lowest to highest value. fucks me how americans started using m/d/y

come on.

start a war.

make us change it.

ggirlballa 02-10-2007 01:35 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
change to the metric system too while we're at it

befsquire 02-10-2007 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss soul fire
When I'm talking in English I say February 9th, but when I'm talking in Portuguese I say, 9 of February. That's the way it is in my country. I can see it's kinda hard for Americans to understand that there are, in fact, other countries out there. But that's ok. Hihi hihi hiiiiiiiiiiii!

hoy es el diez de febrero.

hihihi.

cosmo105 02-10-2007 01:52 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
goddamnit people, i want answers

befsquire 02-10-2007 01:53 AM

the answer is always "c"

Bob 02-10-2007 03:44 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by befsquire
the answer is always "c"

she's not lying

on the LSAT one of the sections is like, they give you a sort of logical puzzle then there are 5-6 questions associated with it. i was horrible at this section, despite how hard i practiced for it, so i ran out of time, and didn't even have time to read the last puzzle, so i had to guess for all 5 questions associated with it. i put down C for all of them

got 3 right

ok so i guess technically she is lying, but the point is i'm lucky

Knuckles 02-10-2007 06:03 AM

Re: The Family Album
 


Miramanee

synch 02-10-2007 06:10 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
When putting several versions of a document in the same folder I use YYYY-MM-DD because that way it sorts them chronologically.

Just thought I'd share that.

icy manipulator 02-10-2007 06:38 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
does anyone actually know why it's MM/DD/YYYY is the US? i always say my bday's 1st of feb and what not

Helvete 02-10-2007 07:47 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob
come on.

start a war.

make us change it.

Haha, that's coming from you Bob, have you ever in swatted a fly in your life? Let alone tried to physically harm someone?

Planetary 02-10-2007 07:47 AM

fart nipples
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miss soul fire
I look like I'm blind!


(n)

Randetica 02-10-2007 07:49 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
bob could kill thousands with his harmlessieness

b-grrrlie 02-10-2007 08:55 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by synch
When putting several versions of a document in the same folder I use YYYY-MM-DD because that way it sorts them chronologically.

Just thought I'd share that.

That's what I use as well.

Actually here in Sweden they write the date YY/MM/DD, so after the century turned to 00's it's pretty difficult to sifer the "best before" dates on groceries, depending where they're from. So today could be 070210 (Sweden), 021007 (US) or 100207 (rest of the world)....

miss soul fire 02-10-2007 08:58 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by befsquire
hoy es el diez de febrero.

hihihi.

Aahhh, Beth! Your Portuguese gets better and better each time I read your messages!:p

miss soul fire 02-10-2007 08:59 AM

Re: Hihi flufluflafla!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by g-mile7
I love that style you got!

Thanks, hihi, G-hihi-Mile, hihiiiiiiii!:D

icy manipulator 02-10-2007 09:13 AM

Re: The Family Album
 


my favourite sweatband. i shall wear it tomorow at the beasties concert. btw i'm not a pillfreak ( but i was tripping balls when i bought it :o )

also, do i win the award for hairiest board member? :cool: :(

Randetica 02-10-2007 09:22 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by icy manipulator
also, do i win the award for hairiest board member? :cool: :(

no fuck off bitch! thats my award

icy manipulator 02-10-2007 09:39 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
your downstairs must be bigger than gmile's afro ;)

Otis Driftwood 02-10-2007 10:12 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by icy manipulator
also, do i win the award for hairiest board member? :cool: :(

Lol, the pic above or below yours in the knee thread kinda makes it hard to decide...

Auton 02-10-2007 03:16 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helvete
Haha, that's coming from you Bob, have you ever in swatted a fly in your life? Let alone tried to physically harm someone?

he's making a joke, twat.

Bob 02-10-2007 03:25 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helvete
Haha, that's coming from you Bob, have you ever in swatted a fly in your life? Let alone tried to physically harm someone?

i don't need to be tough, i'm american that makes me right

seriously though, mm/dd/yyyy is way better. for one it makes sense here in america at least because we say "february 9th" and not "9th of february". it wouldn't make sense for us to say "february 9th" but write it 9/2/07

and also, it makes much more sense if you're trying to sort dates in ascending order.

for example, with month/day/year, a list of dates in chronological order will look like this

1/15/07
3/23/07
5/12/07
6/2/07
6/8/07
9/3/07

looking at the first number in the date, you have a better idea of where exactly in the year you are. oh, it's march. oh, it's april. etc etc

but if you put the day first, it's worthless. it's all

15/1/07
23/3/07
12/5/07
2/6/07
8/6/07
3/9/07

what? 23 doesn't come before 12? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

oh, it's the 9th. 9TH OF WHAT?! GET TO THE POINT, I'M A BUSY MAN AND TIME IS MONEY YOU EUROPEAN BASTARD

ToucanSpam 02-10-2007 03:27 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Served!

Bob 02-10-2007 03:31 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
when someone asks you for the time, do you say "it's the 39th of 3" too, you backwards bastards?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2020 Beastie Boys