Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie-Free General Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Want to hear something crazy? (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=58432)

ms.peachy 10-23-2005 03:05 PM

Want to hear something crazy?

I just finished wrapping all of my Christmas presents.

I'm kind of surprised about that, myself.

Audielicious 10-23-2005 03:07 PM

Re: Want to hear something crazy?

Congratulations!

I haven't even purchased any of my Christmas gifts yet. :o

Freebasser 10-23-2005 03:10 PM

Cool.

What did you get me?

ms.peachy 10-23-2005 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebasser
Cool.

What did you get me?

An old toffee candy with a bit of fuzz on it I found between the sofa cushions.

Oh damn it, now I've ruined the surprise :(

Freebasser 10-23-2005 03:14 PM

So that's what happened to the luxury toffee I bought you last Christmas!

mickill 10-23-2005 03:30 PM

At this rate you could potentially have next years presents all ready to go by mid November.

jackrock 10-23-2005 03:33 PM

WOW! i haven't even begun to think about gifts yet! good job! (y)

ms.peachy 10-23-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickill
At this rate you could potentially have next years presents all ready to go by mid November.

Yeah, well, I'm thinking next year I'm going have a bit more on my plate, you know?

The only reason it's done now is that I wanted to clean out this one closet, and in there I had:
- two boxes of stuff we've picked up in our travels over the course of the past year thinking "this will be a good gift for someone"
- a bunch of shoeboxes (because I save them all to ship presents back to my friends and family in the US)
- a shopping bag full of bubble wrap and tissue paper I've saved up to use for packing
- a bag with all of the gift wrap and tags etc in it

and it occurred to me that rather than try to organise it all, it would be more efficient if I just actually wrapped and packed it all, then stacked the ready-to-mail boxes in a corner, thereby clearing the whole load of stuff out of the closet entirely.

Next year I'm thinking everybody gets a bib with baby puke stains on it, if they're bloody lucky.

Justin 10-23-2005 03:51 PM

I went Christmas shopping over the weekend. Eventually I'll go for someone besides myself

voltanapricot 10-23-2005 04:30 PM

I've put a ton of stuff by at work for payday to buy for Christmas presents but they're so blatantly from my store where I get discount. That could come across quite stingy, couldn't it?

ms.peachy 10-23-2005 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltané
I've put a ton of stuff by at work for payday to buy for Christmas presents but they're so blatantly from my store where I get discount. That could come across quite stingy, couldn't it?

No way, a gift is a gift and I think that buying where you have a dicount is fine. After all, it means you just have that much more (15% or whatever your discount is) to spend on each person, really, you know?

mickill 10-23-2005 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.peachy
Yeah, well, I'm thinking next year I'm going have a bit more on my plate, you know?

The only reason it's done now is that I wanted to clean out this one closet, and in there I had:
- two boxes of stuff we've picked up in our travels over the course of the past year thinking "this will be a good gift for someone"
- a bunch of shoeboxes (because I save them all to ship presents back to my friends and family in the US)
- a shopping bag full of bubble wrap and tissue paper I've saved up to use for packing
- a bag with all of the gift wrap and tags etc in it

and it occurred to me that rather than try to organise it all, it would be more efficient if I just actually wrapped and packed it all, then stacked the ready-to-mail boxes in a corner, thereby clearing the whole load of stuff out of the closet entirely.

See, this is the hormones talking.

ms.peachy 10-23-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickill
See, this is the hormones talking.

Mr.peachy says if this is down to that 'nesting instinct' really kicking in, maybe he should send me back to the States now to work on the house we're renovating, he needs someone to lay the new floor in and box a few window frames. And maybe install the new kitchen units.

mickill 10-23-2005 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.peachy
Mr.peachy says if this is down to that 'nesting instinct' really kicking in, maybe he should send me back to the States now to work on the house we're renovating, he needs someone to lay the new floor in and box a few window frames. And maybe install the new kitchen units.

See, my guts telling me that there's something not entirely cool about getting your pregnant wife to work her buns off like that. But at the same time, I'm thinking what better way to utilize her temporary hormonal imbalance? But then, I still have to listen to my wife tell the whole "Mike decided to shave and take a shower before we left for the hospital even though my contractions were only 2 minutes apart" story over and over. So I should probably listen to my gut more often.