Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bboys on Fallon April 9! (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100687)

NicRN77 04-09-2020 08:07 AM

Bboys on Fallon April 9!

BBoys on Fallon tonight!! Sad we can’t see Beastie Boys Story on the big screen, but looking forward to April 24!

M|X|Y 04-09-2020 09:32 PM

Re: Bboys on Fallon April 9!

ha cooll(y)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLEa3gry-nE

Friis gal 04-10-2020 01:46 AM

There two clips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNBdBQw6tF0 (y)

Documad 04-10-2020 07:30 AM

I loved it. Watched the 32 minute version. I think it's better that it wasn't the normal Fallon show. It's better without and audience and with Questlove asking most of the questions, though that means that Adam and Mike didn't talk as much. :p

Also, I figured it's a good time to donate to the NYC food bank they selected as their charity -- tribute to Yauch and all that.

Sir SkratchaLot 04-10-2020 08:57 AM

Watched the 32 minute segment this AM then came here and saw there was another 24 minutes! Cha-ching.

Sir SkratchaLot 04-10-2020 09:20 AM

Mike is talm bout accessing the ring story "in the extras". Maybe there will be a blu ray after all? :confused: (lb)

Extra Cheese 04-10-2020 10:38 AM

Questlove is ALWAYS good for some beastie boys tidbits... Mario C. letting him handle sound on some songs in concert??? actually he just says echos but still

another tidbit from Quest that I remember from a Q&A years ago, was him saying that Mike D. told him pawn shop drums give you the best sound and so quest started going exclusively pawn shop(up until that point at least). And if you remember from the book Adam drops one of those little sidebar lines that Mike D. only plays used drums.

Extra Cheese 04-10-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot (Post 1823096)
Mike is talm bout accessing the ring story "in the extras". Maybe there will be a blu ray after all? :confused: (lb)

he also mentions that adam has been doing all their previous interviews from his garage but is now outside. so I guess more interviews promoting the movie are coming next week.

These 2 interviews have been my favorite of theirs since they started doing promotion for the book and story

brooklyndust 04-10-2020 11:18 AM

Watched it on Fallon last night and was kind of disappointed because it was all the same old info and Ad-Rock only said like two things.

Happy to know that there is a longer un-cut version, will listen to that now!

Some news articles and the way they were talking make it sounds like it is out now. I thought it was out at the end of April.

Brother McDuff 04-10-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooklyndust (Post 1823099)
Some news articles and the way they were talking make it sounds like it is out now. I thought it was out at the end of April.

i kept getting hung up on this too. the interweb says the united kingdom release is today (4/10), but no news on the U.S. release getting shifted. what a bummer. all that talk in the vid about it getting released today got me crazy excited. :(

fantastic interview though. nice to see ?uestlove drop his typical aloofness and revert to a total fanboy for the beasties. he provided some great navigation for that interview. (y)

NicRN77 04-10-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M|X|Y (Post 1823091)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friis gal (Post 1823092)

Thanks for the extended clips!

brooklyndust 04-10-2020 04:41 PM

Just watching the extended un-edited interview on youtube and whoa, it's way better.
The first 5 mins are great. I could watch them Fallon and Questlove talk about records about music for hours.
While watching this, a light bulb kinda off went off over my head. How many of you would be interested in doing some short video interviews talking about beastie boys and how many of you would be interested in watching these?
I run a record collecting tour in Toronto that is now on hold indefinitely and one of the best things about the tour was meeting people from all around the world and hearing them talk about their favourite band/music. I also have nothing but time right now, and a lot of you here on the board really know your shit. I would love to interview and talk shop.

abbott 04-13-2020 10:17 AM

enjoyed it

also heard it was out, but not for me

Sir SkratchaLot 04-13-2020 01:38 PM

I'd probably watch some interviews about B-Boy fans.

bigdan2276 04-13-2020 05:25 PM

I would definitely enjoy a segment on Beastie fans ESPECIALLY if they're collectors willing to show off some of their choice pieces!

b-grrrlie 04-19-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friis gal (Post 1823092)

Thanks for this! (y)