Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie-Free General Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OH HEY, GOT ANY SUMMER PLANS? (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=94736)

HEIRESS 05-27-2010 01:54 PM

OH HEY, GOT ANY SUMMER PLANS?

Wanted to do a cali-trip but decided to save it until next summer when we can take a good 2-3 weeks and hit the entire west coast and maybe even arizona etc. It will be our honeymoon basically (fuck resorts)

Only big plans this summer is to take a week off and unleash my inner hippy by taking a tour through two of BC's gulf islands.

First stop is a few days on Salt Spring Island, we are going to stay here:
http://www.orchardcabin.ca/photogallery.htm
So cute I could goddamn spit.

We will spend our days going on farm/winery tours, hiking around and eating our faces off in places like this

Then we are off to Mayne Island where my best friend from univerisity lives so we will just be chilling out and doing outdoorsy things with her and ending the week by attending this local music festival:
http://campbellbaymusicfest.com/
Especially excited for the field to table feast on the saturday night!

Plus we will be doing a bunch of weekend camping trips throughout the summer as always.
Summers in BC <3

and you?

TAL 05-27-2010 02:13 PM

Re: OH HEY, GOT ANY SUMMER PLANS?

I sure do.

nodanaonlyzuul 05-27-2010 02:24 PM

Early in June: Tahoe
Late in June: Seattle

Making local, drivable trips to Santa Cruz and Monterey at some point probably in July. I won tickets to the Monterey Bay Aquarium last summer at the county fair, and the expire July 31st so I gotta go.

I want to try and visit San Diego in August but that's only if plane tickets get a random, cheap sale.

My big trip doesn't come until November. I'm going to Oaxaca then. (y)

MC Moot 05-27-2010 02:27 PM

U2 in Edmonton was gonna kick off my summer but Bono's back is broke...:(

In August it’s Santigo de la Ribera to papa’s casa we go...

Heiress,we used to haunt Salt Spring as wicked mischievious youths,once the islanders chased us from our campsite to the ferry dock where the local RCMP constable held us until the next morning's boat came in...my fave Gulf Island destination ever: http://www.cliffhousecottages.com/ (y)

HEIRESS 05-27-2010 02:39 PM

Dang, I was thinking about hitting up Seattle too but not until August!

Moot, I have TOTALLY looked longingly at that website before.
I must stay there at some point in the future.

I wish my papa had a casa there :(

Dorothy Wood 05-27-2010 02:44 PM

I really need to visit the northwest! it looks so awesome. it's the only corner of north america I haven't seen.

I'm going to wisconsin twice in june. :(

no big trips for me this summer, I's poor. I'll probably go to L.A. in the fall though. woot!

Guy Incognito 05-27-2010 02:53 PM

Take kids to see grandparents, go to glastonbury festival with wife, meet kids and grandparents in cornwall for holiday

watch england win world cup:rolleyes:

sort me garden out

thats all i have so far.

NicRN77 05-27-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1734181)
I really need to visit the northwest! it looks so awesome. it's the only corner of north america I haven't seen.

You really do need to go its awesome. I went to Portland and Seattle last year to visit a friend I loved it! Heading back to Portland again this August. I'm super psyched. We are going to head to Astoria again and do a better Goonie tour. Wish I could be there in June though...because this looks like fun!

http://goonies25thanniversary.com/

yeahwho 05-27-2010 04:44 PM

Seattle is just an amazing place, I never take for granted how fantastic this area is. The summers are incredibly comfortable. Come on up and take a ferryboat ride, go to the market, checkout the neighborhoods and great food. You'll be awestruck. It is on.

I have 3 weeks off in late July through mid-August off and 10 of those days will be a combination motel, hotel, campground trip driving out of Seattle through the Oregon coast (the Oregon Coast is Outstanding) and ending up at the California Redwoods.

For the past 10+ years I've been going to the mid-Oregon coast staying in Lincoln City as a home base. The whole area is about mental decompression and excellent seafood. It's nowheresville.

I'm ready... this past year I've been paying off credit cards from my other expedia trips... I went berserk and broke. Over $10,000 on trips in the past 2 years. :rolleyes:

nodanaonlyzuul 05-27-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEIRESS (Post 1734179)
Dang, I was thinking about hitting up Seattle too but not until August!

The weekend I'm there, it's PRIDE weekend. :)

I've been once before to Seattle. I love it there. If my body could handle cold/rainy climates for long periods at a time I'd totally live there.

But unfortunately I need a constant 60-80 range only. All year long. Otherwise I have health problems out the ass.

trailerprincess 05-27-2010 05:39 PM

A week in Cancun for a friends wedding. Should be bloody ace

yeahwho 05-27-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodanaonlyzuul (Post 1734205)
The weekend I'm there, it's PRIDE weekend. :)

I've been once before to Seattle. I love it there. If my body could handle cold/rainy climates for long periods at a time I'd totally live there.

But unfortunately I need a constant 60-80 range only. All year long. Otherwise I have health problems out the ass.

We're in the midst of a 20 day overcast scattered shower binge. I love it. I got my grunge on. Wanna go throw some axes into a stump.

monkey 05-27-2010 06:18 PM

i am definitely going to montreal at some point in the next month, just have to just get the will to drive the 6.5 hrs.

i am definitely going camping around upstate, 2 days in june, 4 days in july, and hopefully more in august.

ummm... there are more little trips here and there, like the now annual trip to AC that i take with my friend in august. but joisey doesn't count. :o

TAL 05-27-2010 06:27 PM

I'm off to Las Vegas for 3 weeks in June. My older brother who lives there is turning 40, so my parents, my younger brother, his girlfriend and I are going.

5 years since I was there last time. It was the end of April that time. Now it's gonna be warm.

HEIRESS 05-27-2010 06:28 PM

I wanna be there when you visit Montreal! My fiancé always comes home to the west coast when he has his summers off though.

Let me know when you are going and I will tell all the best places to shop & eat there!

cosmo105 05-27-2010 06:45 PM

I fucking love Seattle! Hope to move there someday. Probably visiting in fall.

We already had a nice four-day vacay in the Yosemite area but it wasn't all that exciting (spent most of it being lazy with bf's fam so very little outdoorsy hiking stuff) so I'm dying to get more camping in.

We're going to Chicaaahgo in July (and seeing miss DDD :cool:) for a long weekend and a work thing in there. Otherwise, nothing huge. Maybe Portland at some point if flights is cheap. We spent a bunch on Chi-town and did a ton of traveling last year, so nothing huge this summer. Hopefully hanging out in wine country a bit, though.

gbsuey 05-27-2010 06:51 PM

I just don't take time off work to take long trips, but then i work three days and every evening so it works out i can do loads of stuff without having to.

No big holiday, saving to go back to Singapore next year, allthough might try to get to my sister's apartment in Portugal.

Going to Camp Bestival with kids and Bestival with girls, and many day trips with kids and just hopin it doesn't fooking rain all summer

miss soul fire 05-27-2010 06:57 PM

Only if they are winter plans!:P

However, it feels like summer. :/

Myu-to 05-27-2010 06:59 PM

"honeymoon"?

:confused:

Damn, I have been off he board for a long time.

Prolly gonna go either East Coast, VA, DC type thing, or go to the Grand Canyon.

DIGI 05-27-2010 07:39 PM

Sublime w/ Rome in Philly
Flaming Lips in Pittsburgh
Annual family getaway to Myrtle Beach, SC
80 fucking weddings like every year.

Supposed to go to Eugene, OR to visit a college roommate, but that's not gonna happen this year.

jabumbo 05-28-2010 12:17 AM

already did my trip to New Orleans. that was a blast.

hippie fest down in west virginia in july and the usual trip to the outer bans NC in august.

i'd love to take a ride through chicago to omaha to visit a couple of old college friends this summer, but i don't think i can manage the time. been adding concerts to the calendar like mad lately to make up for the lack of travel instead.

The Notorious LOL 05-28-2010 12:51 AM

ya

HEIRESS 05-28-2010 01:49 AM

oh ya?

Lyman Zerga 05-28-2010 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC Moot (Post 1734178)
U2 in Edmonton was gonna kick off my summer but Bono's back is broke...:(
(y)

i wanted to buy tickets but didnt have enough money in the end, but atleast i dont have to worry now

this happened to me before when i wanted to see david bowie live and he became heart problems one day before i was about to see him

r.i.p. bono's back

MC Moot 05-28-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyman Zerga (Post 1734260)
i wanted to buy tickets but didnt have enough money in the end, but atleast i dont have to worry now

r.i.p. bono's back

well...the show is just technically postponed but the seriousness of the surgery means the posibility of starting the tour woun't happen until sometime next year...ticketmaster has been sitting on my money for seven months now...theres no way i'm gonna let them profiteer on it for another 6,8 or 12 months...crooks...I had a deep feeling this show wasn't gonna happen,very strange,think i posted about here somewhere...anyway's I'll travel to see them when it happens again and try not to watch this as not to see it before it happens live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iMCVnAyq4g

(y)

hpdrifter 05-28-2010 11:56 AM

Holy balls I had no idea how many of you enjoy our happy little enclave in the northwest corner.

It's driving me a little nuts right now because of the aforementioned rainyness (I want to bike to work already!). But I am starting to smell summer in the air and looking forward to lazy afternoons jumping in the lake and snoozing on the grass at Magnuson park. I hope the weather cooperates, it's so enjoyable here when it's sunny!

Those of you making your way to Seattle this summer, look me up! There are some new fun quirks emerging (speakeasys) in the nightlife and of course there is also the wonderful wilderness complete with hikes, alpine lakes and other associated loveliness not so far outside the city if you have time.

<3

nodanaonlyzuul 05-28-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpdrifter (Post 1734272)
Those of you making your way to Seattle this summer, look me up! There are some new fun quirks emerging (speakeasys) in the nightlife and of course there is also the wonderful wilderness complete with hikes, alpine lakes and other associated loveliness not so far outside the city if you have time.

<3

we are going to go out either friday or saturday night for pride weekend in capitol hill. Come with if you can! I will call ya :)

MC Moot 05-28-2010 12:13 PM

You know what I appreciate most about Seattlle?...well other than Tom Robbins and the beauty of Puget Sound,it's the fact that people know how to walk with umbrellas without taking each others eyes out...they have bumpershoot ettiquite down pat...;)

hpdrifter 05-28-2010 12:13 PM

I have missed Pride every year because I was out of town for some reason or other. I am marking my calendar and shit right now to be there and meet you!

hpdrifter 05-28-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC Moot (Post 1734278)
You know what I appreciate most about Seattlle?...well other than Tom Robbins and the beauty of Puget Sound,it's the fact that people know how to walk with umbrellas without taking each others eyes out...they have bumpershoot ettiquite down pat...;)

Pfft. Only out-of-towners use umbrellas.

No self-respecting Seattleite uses one unless it's monsoon conditions and your waterproof REI or Northface jacket isn't cutting it (which I suppose does sometimes happen at Bshoot). But in those cases you usually just shrug, get wet and hope they don't stop the show.