Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I wrote a book about UNKLE's Psyence Fiction (the album which featured Mike D) (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100685)

jimmyjrg 04-02-2020 08:16 PM

I wrote a book about UNKLE's Psyence Fiction (the album which featured Mike D)

I've recently finished the book I was writing about UNKLE's Psyence Fiction. I mentioned it here last year and someone told me to make a post when it was done...

You can download it here for free as a PDF (2mb), and you can print your own copies or read online.

Or if you prefer a hard copy then you can buy it on Amazon: Amazon US, Amazon CA, Amazon UK, Amazon AUS, and it should roll out to other places soon.

There isn't a whole lot of information about Mike D as he generally would make jokes when commenting to reporters, but the book discusses some sessions in LA from 1995 where James Lavelle, Tim Goldsworthy, Money Mark, DJ Shadow, and more recorded with Mario C at G-Son. Mike D was meant to record but didn't. Later in 1997 Mike D provided vocals for Psyence Fiction, but he sent them via post so there isn't much to say about him there either.

That being said, if you're interested in UNKLE, Mo' Wax, or DJ Shadow then this may be of interest to you :)

Feel free to distribute this to anyone you think may be interested, and if people want to reprint excerpts on your own websites etc. then just ask as I'm just happy to have it read :)

Sir SkratchaLot 04-03-2020 07:21 AM

Re: I wrote a book about UNKLE's Psyence Fiction (the album which featured Mike D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjrg (Post 1823079)
I've recently finished the book I was writing about UNKLE's Psyence Fiction. I mentioned it here last year and someone told me to make a post when it was done...

You can download it here for free as a PDF (2mb), and you can print your own copies or read online.

Or if you prefer a hard copy then you can buy it on Amazon: Amazon US, Amazon CA, Amazon UK, Amazon AUS, and it should roll out to other places soon.

There isn't a whole lot of information about Mike D as he generally would make jokes when commenting to reporters, but the book discusses some sessions in LA from 1995 where James Lavelle, Tim Goldsworthy, Money Mark, DJ Shadow, and more recorded with Mario C at G-Son. Mike D was meant to record but didn't. Later in 1997 Mike D provided vocals for Psyence Fiction, but he sent them via post so there isn't much to say about him there either.

That being said, if you're interested in UNKLE, Mo' Wax, or DJ Shadow then this may be of interest to you :)

Feel free to distribute this to anyone you think may be interested, and if people want to reprint excerpts on your own websites etc. then just ask as I'm just happy to have it read :)

Nice! Thanks for posting.

Jiberish 04-03-2020 11:39 AM

Re: I wrote a book about UNKLE's Psyence Fiction (the album which featured Mike D)

Sweet Dude. Thanks for doing this, and sharing it. Looking forward to checking it out.