Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Adrock is finally on the Echo Chamber. (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100484)

WesleyOHSnaps! 10-12-2018 06:33 PM

Adrock is finally on the Echo Chamber.

Beastie Boys Book Instagram feed showed a clip of them on Mike D’s show and it looks like Adrock is getting his haircut during it. 😆

Micodin 10-14-2018 05:23 AM

Re: Adrock is finally on the Echo Chamber.

you’re brave bro. dude last time i mentioned echo chamber on here i was ostracized by the shitheads that hate apple for whatever reasons due to their miserable lives and shit.

but yeah.... yesterday’s episode was choice. :)

WesleyOHSnaps! 10-14-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micodin (Post 1820911)
you’re brave bro. dude last time i mentioned echo chamber on here i was ostracized by the shitheads that hate apple for whatever reasons due to their miserable lives and shit.

Yeah I’ve mentioned it before and got the “fuck Apple” type of response. Which is fine, I don’t know why people hate Apple so much.

The episode is great. I’ve only gotten to “Detroit Rock City” , but love hearing them talk to each other and all the childhood memories.

M|X|Y 10-14-2018 07:51 AM

I hope someone will post this somewhere.. don't have Apple Music!

Micodin 10-14-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WesleyOHSnaps! (Post 1820912)
Yeah I’ve mentioned it before and got the “fuck Apple” type of response. Which is fine, I don’t know why people hate Apple so much.

The episode is great. I’ve only gotten to “Detroit Rock City” , but love hearing them talk to each other and all the childhood memories.

it’s worth 10 bucks a month for me just for mike’s echo chamber show. i really don’t buy much physical music nowadays so my budget allows for streaming services and such.

Brother McDuff 10-14-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micodin (Post 1820914)
i really don’t buy much physical music nowadays so my budget allows for streaming services and such.

thats a sound logic right there. i too try and remind myself of that reality whenever its time to ante for something like this. (y)

dust monkey 10-14-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micodin (Post 1820911)

i'm personally not an apple guy but who cares and why does the hate flow so? 311 i get....loyalty to AAPL or another corporate bloodsucker not so much.

anyway if anyone can post and/or direct to this and the HN episode that would be splendid, or i might just have to drop the 10 to subscribe.

if you subscribe can you go back to listen to all episodes?

Micodin 10-14-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dust monkey (Post 1820916)
if you subscribe can you go back to listen to all episodes?

yes. and mike d has a playlist of music that he updates that’s awesome as well.

the first 3 months are free and you can opt out anytime. it’s really a no-brainer if you’re a beastie fan.

Uru-Nitro 10-15-2018 09:01 AM

Not related to Echo chamber, but I've just discovered this Adrock's remix, dated april 2018:

SPOON - Can I Sit Next to You? ADROCK Remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLTbH_p8ROY

is that our Adrock?(y)

Brother McDuff 10-15-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uru-Nitro (Post 1820919)
Not related to Echo chamber, but I've just discovered this Adrock's remix, dated april 2018:

SPOON - Can I Sit Next to You? ADROCK Remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLTbH_p8ROY

is that our Adrock?(y)

YES: https://pitchfork.com/news/beastie-b...-spoon-listen/

Sir SkratchaLot 10-15-2018 12:41 PM

I'm gonna break down and do the first 3 months thing. I have nothing against Apple, I just don't have Apple Music and this is only thing I'd want it for. I wish there was more of a generic platform but whatevs.

dust monkey 10-15-2018 03:52 PM

i'm in, mikes show is nice.

on the 36 chamber episode about 35 min in when RZA comes in, he plays a Brass Monkey remix. is there a link to this version?

WesleyOHSnaps! 10-15-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dust monkey (Post 1820923)
i'm in, mikes show is nice.

on the 36 chamber episode about 35 min in when RZA comes in, he plays a Brass Monkey remix. is there a link to this version?

Oh I don’t remember a remix, I’ll have to listen to that again. I like Mike’s show a lot. It’s introduced me to a lot of new music, he always has rad guest and it’s just cool to hear him and other artist talk music.

Documad 10-15-2018 07:30 PM

If I get apple music can I listen to old episodes of Mike's show?

(I'm fine with apple in general but I hate subscribing to things because I forget to drop them when I quit using. :o)

WesleyOHSnaps! 10-15-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Documad (Post 1820925)
If I get apple music can I listen to old episodes of Mike's show?

(I'm fine with apple in general but I hate subscribing to things because I forget to drop them when I quit using. :o)

Yes you can and as mentioned above he has a playlist he updates regularly.

dust monkey 10-16-2018 10:15 AM

prob a silly question but....echo chamber is bleeping the f-bombs. is this just normal for the show or do i have some restrictions enabled that i can't find. google music has a setting like this but can't find on apple app.

WesleyOHSnaps! 10-16-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dust monkey (Post 1820929)
prob a silly question but....echo chamber is bleeping the f-bombs. is this just normal for the show or do i have some restrictions enabled that i can't find. google music has a setting like this but can't find on apple app.

It’s normal for the recording of the live show. When it’s live it’s not bleeped. I don’t know why they do that but I’ve gottne used to it.