Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why isn't the studio version of DJ Hurricane/Beastie Boys "Four Fly Guys" on Youtube? (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100889)

ClarenceAlabama 05-01-2022 01:58 PM

Why isn't the studio version of DJ Hurricane/Beastie Boys "Four Fly Guys" on Youtube?

Multiple people have uploaded a live version of this song including The Beastie Boys themselves, but not ONE person on the planet have uploaded the studio version. Any guesses why?...

Micodin 05-01-2022 02:17 PM

Re: Why isn't the studio version of DJ Hurricane/Beastie Boys "Four Fly Guys" on Yout

no clue. i put up the CB4 soundtrack version of Stick ‘Em Up and Spam about five years ago because they were either missing or crappy rips.

Sir SkratchaLot 05-02-2022 08:08 AM

Re: Why isn't the studio version of DJ Hurricane/Beastie Boys "Four Fly Guys" on Yout

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarenceAlabama (Post 1824895)
Multiple people have uploaded a live version of this song including The Beastie Boys themselves, but not ONE person on the planet have uploaded the studio version. Any guesses why?...

I suspect it's because Atlantic owns the rights (it was originally put out for the Jerky Boys movie soundtrack.) I bet they're just more aggressive about policing Youtube. It's one of the doper non-album cuts they put out in my opinion. Technically a DJ Hurricane song but it's full on Caldato + Beasties + Hurricane goodness. That bassline is fiyahhhhhh!

Kid Presentable 05-02-2022 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot (Post 1824897)
I suspect it's because Atlantic owns the rights (it was originally put out for the Jerky Boys movie soundtrack.) I bet they're just more aggressive about policing Youtube. It's one of the doper non-album cuts they put out in my opinion. Technically a DJ Hurricane song but it's full on Caldato + Beasties + Hurricane goodness. That bassline is fiyahhhhhh!

Hey I think it has the rare distinction of being a 1990s era non-Beastie composition upon which the Beastie Boys rap. As in, an external did the beat. Can’t remember the name of the lad who did the beat, however. By contrast, I think Mario did the rest of the music on the first Hurra album. And I could be wrong.

Micodin 05-03-2022 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Presentable (Post 1824898)
Hey I think it has the rare distinction of being a 1990s era non-Beastie composition upon which the Beastie Boys rap. As in, an external did the beat. Can’t remember the name of the lad who did the beat, however. By contrast, I think Mario did the rest of the music on the first Hurra album. And I could be wrong.

weird haven’t heard that before. my Four Fly Guys 12” says produced by Hurricane and Mario C.

Sir SkratchaLot 05-03-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micodin (Post 1824900)
weird haven’t heard that before. my Four Fly Guys 12” says produced by Hurricane and Mario C.

Yeah, I have the 12" too and always figured it was pretty much Mario C based on the credits. Definitely sounds like his style.

Kid Presentable 05-04-2022 08:30 AM

https://www.beastiemania.com/whois/dynomite_d/

Micodin 05-04-2022 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Presentable (Post 1824908)

oh snap that’s cool. dang you learn something new every day! where’s Dynomite D at nowadays i would love to pick his brain.

Sir SkratchaLot 05-04-2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Presentable (Post 1824908)

Wow. Nice!

jimmyjrg 05-11-2022 05:26 PM

Dynomite D's album By The Way is amazing. He did a collab with Kid Koala called The Slew, and they were working on a second album but it's been a few years since there was mention of that.

Here's an interview with him from 2000: https://www.seattleweekly.com/music/listen-up/

abbott 05-14-2022 10:03 AM

i had this in vinyl once, had a jerky boys promo stoker on it... i think

tuc70021 05-15-2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbott (Post 1824931)
i had this in vinyl once, had a jerky boys promo stoker on it... i think

I still have this on vinyl if anyone is looking for a rip.