Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hot [sauce] news! (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=95432)

Taco Zip 10-25-2010 01:36 AM

Hot [sauce] news!

Hot [sauce] news!

Quote:

BEASTIE BOYS HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART 2 TRACK LISTING REVISED, REPLACED ENTIRELY WITH SONGS ORIGINALLY RECORDED FOR HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART 1

In what can only be described as a bizarre coincidence, following an exhaustive re-sequence marathon, Beastie Boys have verified that their new Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 will be comprised of the same 16 tracks originally slated for inclusion on Hot Sauce Committee Part 1. The record (part 2 that is) will be released as planned in spring 2011 on Capitol.

The tracks originally recorded for Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 (which now are actually back on Part 1) have now apparently been bumped to make room for the former Hot Sauce Committee Part 1 material. Wait, what?

"I know it's weird and confusing, but at least we can say unequivocally that Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 is coming out on time, which is more than I can say about Part 1, and really is all that matters in the end." says Adam "MCA" Yauch. "We just kept working and working on various sequences for part 2, and after a year and half of spending days on end in the sequencing room trying out every possible combination, it finally became clear that this was the only way to make it work. Strange but true, the final sequence for Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 works best with all its songs replaced by the 16 tracks we originally had lined up in pretty much the same order we had them in for Hot Sauce Committee Part 1. So we've come full circle."

Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 marks Yauch, Mike "Mike D" Diamond, and Adam "Ad Rock" Horovitz's first full length effort since 2007's Grammy winning all-instrumental The Mix-Up. The new track listing of the album is now as follows:

1. Tadlock's Glasses
2. B-Boys In The Cut
3. Make Some Noise
4. Nonstop Disco Powerpack
5. OK
6. Too Many Rappers (featuring NAS)
7. Say It
8. The Bill Harper Collection
9. Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win (featuring Santigold)
10. Long Burn The Fire
11. Funky Donkey
12. Lee Majors Come Again
13. Multilateral Nuclear Disarmament
14. Pop Your Balloon
15. Crazy Ass Shit
16. Here's A Little Something For Ya
Can't wait until the album and tour dates drop!

alikat 10-25-2010 01:43 AM

Re: HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART 2

Hi all, I have not been on here in ages! But this is pulling me back.

So... what is the deal with releasing part 2 before part 1? I'm guessing it's basically a Capitol records thing (like, fine, you want the second album on time we will release it -- and ps it will be our first)?

No idea, but if they've found a "sequencing room" loophole in their contract I love it.

Nerd Fight 10-25-2010 02:40 AM

Re: Hot [sauce] news!

Funny :D
Awesome :cool:

Yauch must be feeling better
And we have a new Beastie Boys album to look forward to (y)

gbsuey 10-25-2010 03:59 AM

Ooooh so good to finally get some news-Yauch must be feeling good and they're ready to get moving again.(y) And changes to the site too. I can manage without a daily bbmb fix, but it was here i tried to come first as soon as i got the email...and no site!! I could hear the cries of "noooooooo" from all you daily posters!! ;)

PWN productions 10-25-2010 04:29 AM

I'm confused.... :confused:

Laver1969 10-25-2010 04:46 AM

Re: HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by alikat (Post 1745216)
No idea, but if they've found a "sequencing room" loophole in their contract I love it.

They use Adrock's bedazzler in the sequencing room.

cj hood 10-25-2010 05:33 AM

i'm assuming they're going to promote HSC2 like they were part1...ie...tour and the like?@???A??Q!

JasonP 10-25-2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj hood (Post 1745231)
i'm assuming they're going to promote HSC2 like they were part1...ie...tour and the like?@???A??Q!

So does this mean there will be a part 3? Can you have a trilogy without there being a part uno? Hopefully we will find out!

Ari-Matti 10-25-2010 06:35 AM

So, no Bundt Cake?

Kid Presentable 10-25-2010 06:38 AM

Hmmm. I was excited about a full album of new, unheard stuff. I guess they're putting it through a Merv Griffin-style retooling with Phil boy though.

If memory serves, I think Bundt Cake was a skit?

MixMasterMikeD 10-25-2010 06:51 AM

As long as Yauch is feeling better and they're doing some live shows to promote the album, then I'm psyched.:)

Ari-Matti 10-25-2010 06:57 AM

cj hood 10-25-2010 06:59 AM

adrock's up early...

October 25, 2010 at 7:38am Share
Welcome Back
by adamhorovitzWelcome Back
ok.. so…

we know our website has been kinda sucky for a while now…

well..actually you wouldn’t, or rather we wouldn’t know.. i mean…

none of us, you or we, i mean us, have even really looked at it for a while.

it’s been sort of just hung out there to dry. it was kinda depressing.

the band “news” was old, tour dates were from i don’t even remember,

gossip was boring to non-existant. BUT WE ARE BACK !

with a new site, new attitude, and a fresh crisp look for the fall season.

a lot of clean lines and bold patterns.

muted prints and wedge boots are out this season,

break out the corduroy grunge is back.

listen…

we got all types of new and improved shit going down,

geared to flip your wig and split your dome piece.

shit iz rreeaaallll !

you’re welcome.

lotz of lovez,

adam,adam,and mike

oh, and p.s.

since publication of this, grunge is out and has been replaced by

psychobilly. (don’t get rid of those creepers just yet)

more to come….

FunkyDonkey28 10-25-2010 07:22 AM

Love the news and updates, the site, love every word that I just read. Most off, this news is even better knowing/assuming Yauch is feeling better considering all the progress made in the last week.

Great way to start the week.

redandwhiterob 10-25-2010 07:51 AM

Hopefully they hit the UK sometime next year(y)

JDsmagik 10-25-2010 08:18 AM

So, 1 is done but 2 was due but now 2 is 1

destructo 10-25-2010 08:28 AM

I knew it.

The local radio station (93.3) reported the first email about HSC2 coming out this spring. They were all serious and sad about part one being on indefinite hold.

Anyone else fall the joke?

dave790 10-25-2010 08:50 AM

I think it's hilarious! And very Beastie Boys.

laura 10-25-2010 09:00 AM

so hot! :p
great!! cant wait! :cool:

laurie_hammy 10-25-2010 09:33 AM

Best news ever. CAN NOT WAIT to the day of listening to these new unheard rhymes for the first time, gonna be crazy.

M|X|Y 10-25-2010 09:44 AM

WORD TO YOUR MOM, THEY CAME TO DROP BOMBS (y)

FunkyDonkey28 10-25-2010 09:55 AM

I agree with Dave790. I read the email twice and thought the same thing, very beastie boys...All last week I felt that something was up and that the songs for Pt.1 weren't going to be forgotten about...

JoLovesMCA 10-25-2010 09:57 AM

Saving up now for the tour for this album!!! I am sooo happy! Thank GOD the track list looks great and I love the messages from the band!!:D

RichieT. 10-25-2010 10:17 AM

Best.News.Ever.

Brother McDuff 10-25-2010 10:51 AM

:)

Guy Incognito 10-25-2010 12:13 PM

i thought i understood the joke all last week thinking it was very clever and very them but now having read the first post here i am a bit confused. I have took that they have tweaked and buggered about with the same songs. Is that the impression you lot get?

BeastieRunner 10-25-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave790 (Post 1745260)
I think it's hilarious! And very Beastie Boys.

Amen.

I have learned over the years to wait for the joke. :cool:

Well played, BBoys, well played.

Guy Incognito 10-25-2010 12:30 PM

I sense 3 skits on there but i could be (probably am) wrong.

nonstop disco
bill harper collection
nuclear disarmament

what do you reckon?

romanpetr 10-25-2010 01:30 PM

Great news! (y)
But spring is long,whole 3 months....:eek: Any ideas or offers for the date of release? ....
1 march is the best day for that - first day of spring, first day of warm and something else...for me:D
I 'm wait it with impatience!!!!

alikat 10-25-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Incognito (Post 1745281)
i thought i understood the joke all last week thinking it was very clever and very them but now having read the first post here i am a bit confused. I have took that they have tweaked and buggered about with the same songs. Is that the impression you lot get?

Yeah, so . . . now that I have slept on it . . . I think you/we were right the first time and all this tweaking / buggering is just more of that same general joke. It's the same album, just now called part 2 for the sheer hell of it. (Right? Maybe? Ah, whatever, yay new album...)