Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Album Commentary VIDEOS (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100829)

tuc70021 06-29-2021 08:36 AM

Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Beastie Boys Collection (on YouTube) has been having an absolute uploading frenzy of live show recordings and other gems. They've also uploaded the 2009 album commentary videos, which I've previously only been able to find as audio.

Paul's Boutique
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5KEKtLZ9S8

Check Your Head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSCSIBup6M


Crossing my fingers that the other 2 commentaries show up soon.

Brother McDuff 06-29-2021 05:56 PM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
sweet! good lookin out.

brooklyndust 06-29-2021 10:45 PM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Holy shit, I think this is the closest we are ever going to get to a vault!

Talk about a rare treasure trove.

Just from skimming it quickly, some stuff I have never heard before or have but only listened once and had a trouble finding again:

- Audio from the Liverpool Riots from '87
- A remix of Squat with De La Soul
- Audio of almost the full show from Glasgow '99 (song for the man, the move and unite included)
- Breakdowns of the different sections of songs for No Sleep, Gratitude and Sabotage (from the site back years ago, but don't remember No Sleep)
- Instrumentals from LTI I didn't know existed (ie. Girls).
- Demos (I don't remember 4 demos for Shake Your Rump)
- Live bootlegs I have never seen before.
- Nice collection of their live punk covers.
- Soundboard recordings of a lot of song.
- Collaborations
- Tons of Rare Money Mark Stuff
- Scores from stuff Beastie Boys have done on film (Gunnin' for that number one Spot and others) This last one is like unreleased instrumentals.

tuc70021 07-01-2021 07:55 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Yeah I don't know who Beastie Boys Collection is, but even some of the really die hard collectors I know are impressed by the breadth of their collection. For the past few years I've noticed really rare / previously unheard stuff popping up on YouTube, and it's always Beastie Boys Collection. If you're lurking here, thank you for this absolute treasure trove.

pesto pizza 07-01-2021 11:35 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
interesting how the recording of "a year and a day" story, differs from the version in the Beastie Boys book

balohna 07-02-2021 12:13 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pesto pizza (Post 1824409)
interesting how the recording of "a year and a day" story, differs from the version in the Beastie Boys book

Yeah I think Yauch speaks the truth and Adam and Mike have flawed recollections of it. Heís the one who would know what was up in this case.

Goes without saying, but the bandís recent reflections on their history are missing one third of the perspective. Iím curious what a Beastie Boys Book would have been like with Yauch involved. I guess the closest thing we have are these commentaries, the Anthology booklet and some interviews.

brmanuk 07-02-2021 05:49 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
No doubt that Beastie Boys Collection has uploaded a lot of impressive and rare tracks but their labeling of some videos is suspect.

I know I'm nitpicking here but...

"High Plains Drifter demo instrumental" is taken from one of the many PB instrumental LP rips floating around and isn't a demo
"Shake Your Rump ( Demo 2 )" is the 33% God demo
"Shake Your Rump ( Demo 4 )" is the Full Clout demo which he seems to have copied from another up loader

And then there was the whole debacle where they tried to pass of tracks from HSCP2 as HSCP1 tracks...

bigfatlove06 08-03-2021 12:12 PM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brooklyndust (Post 1824406)
Holy shit, I think this is the closest we are ever going to get to a vault!

Talk about a rare treasure trove.

Just from skimming it quickly, some stuff I have never heard before or have but only listened once and had a trouble finding again:

- Audio from the Liverpool Riots from '87
- A remix of Squat with De La Soul
- Audio of almost the full show from Glasgow '99 (song for the man, the move and unite included)
- Breakdowns of the different sections of songs for No Sleep, Gratitude and Sabotage (from the site back years ago, but don't remember No Sleep)
- Instrumentals from LTI I didn't know existed (ie. Girls).
- Demos (I don't remember 4 demos for Shake Your Rump)
- Live bootlegs I have never seen before.
- Nice collection of their live punk covers.
- Soundboard recordings of a lot of song.
- Collaborations
- Tons of Rare Money Mark Stuff
- Scores from stuff Beastie Boys have done on film (Gunnin' for that number one Spot and others) This last one is like unreleased instrumentals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuc70021 (Post 1824408)
Yeah I don't know who Beastie Boys Collection is, but even some of the really die hard collectors I know are impressed by the breadth of their collection. For the past few years I've noticed really rare / previously unheard stuff popping up on YouTube, and it's always Beastie Boys Collection. If you're lurking here, thank you for this absolute treasure trove.

You're Welcome

bigfatlove06 08-03-2021 12:24 PM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brmanuk (Post 1824412)
No doubt that Beastie Boys Collection has uploaded a lot of impressive and rare tracks but their labeling of some videos is suspect.

I know I'm nitpicking here but...

"High Plains Drifter demo instrumental" is taken from one of the many PB instrumental LP rips floating around and isn't a demo
"Shake Your Rump ( Demo 2 )" is the 33% God demo
"Shake Your Rump ( Demo 4 )" is the Full Clout demo which he seems to have copied from another up loader

And then there was the whole debacle where they tried to pass of tracks from HSCP2 as HSCP1 tracks...

There are various iterations of all of these tracks. The HSCP1 tracks "debacle" was actually a debacle. Search posts from me for the explanation. However... Try to find a better playlist than this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J968...y5M Ta0WfglVf

dust monkey 08-04-2021 03:24 PM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
you are amazing BFL, nice work. i suspected it was you when i 1st discovered this pandora's box.

well done....

bigfatlove06 08-05-2021 12:26 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
It's not actually me, it's a dude I met through FB named Fredrick Rocco Gattuso. He had at least 3,000 clips up before I met him. A lot of the recent stuff he's been getting is stuff that I helped him find, but it's definitely his channel and I can't take credit for it. I didn't intend to. A lot of the recent live stuff is taken from a hard drive that Silence 7 and I got from a guy in Poland MCA64 about 10 years ago. The "Revisited" playlists are put together from my track hunting project that's been going on for decades. Hit Fredrick up on FB. He's a good guy.

pesto pizza 08-05-2021 09:02 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 (Post 1824442)
It's not actually me, it's a dude I met through FB named Fredrick Rocco Gattuso. He had at least 3,000 clips up before I met him. A lot of the recent stuff he's been getting is stuff that I helped him find, but it's definitely his channel and I can't take credit for it. I didn't intend to. A lot of the recent live stuff is taken from a hard drive that Silence 7 and I got from a guy in Poland MCA64 about 10 years ago. The "Revisited" playlists are put together from my track hunting project that's been going on for decades. Hit Fredrick up on FB. He's a good guy.

i'm hoping he will upload the 1989 pump it up show with dee Barnes, filmed in adrocks apartment. If anyone can do it its him

dust monkey 08-06-2021 05:35 PM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
on HSCP2, say it and don't play no game are the only 2 songs i can prob do without...or at least listen to the least, but this Say It BT Remix on BFL's playlist is so nice. funky soul grooved out with scifi accents....so awesome

bigfatlove06 08-08-2021 08:58 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dust monkey (Post 1824449)
on HSCP2, say it and don't play no game are the only 2 songs i can prob do without...or at least listen to the least, but this Say It BT Remix on BFL's playlist is so nice. funky soul grooved out with scifi accents....so awesome

I agree on don't play no game. I love say it, though. That is one of my favorites. I would replace that with OK.

tt5brevisited 08-13-2021 07:53 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDVzE68AINc

fonky pizza 08-14-2021 07:28 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 (Post 1824452)
I agree on don't play no game. I love say it, though. That is one of my favorites. I would replace that with OK.

I agree too, for me Don't play no game...is the worst song ever, as soon as the sax comes in got to run to switch it off...Love Say it and Long burn the fire is my fav on the album.

pesto pizza 08-14-2021 08:50 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
say it and lee majors come again are my favs
Don't play no game is the "hey Ladies " track on the album for me which I hated for 30 years and now like?

brmanuk 08-14-2021 09:22 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Iíve never understood the hate for Don't Play No Game. Too pop?

Extra Cheese 08-14-2021 07:33 PM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Iíve never understood why there wasnít more hate for say it

fonky pizza 08-15-2021 06:15 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Cheese (Post 1824461)
Iíve never understood why there wasnít more hate for say it

:D

And what's wrong with Hey ladies now!?

:confused:

Micodin 08-15-2021 08:22 AM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
Hey Ladies has always been great the beat is tight as hell.

dust monkey 08-17-2021 04:47 PM

Re: Album Commentary VIDEOS
 
hey ladies has been the shit from day 1, video and dis yourself in '89 included. total package deal. that beat and their delivery is numero uno, one of the best on PB next to car thief.

i'll have to give say it a chance again, just reminds me of remote control which im also not big on.

there are a few good remixes of don't play no game...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2020 Beastie Boys