Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Genius Thread II (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=22)

taquitos 10-04-2007 12:24 AM

Re: Genius Thread II

mikizee 10-04-2007 11:07 AM

I dont get it

Teh 10-04-2007 01:02 PM

Otis Driftwood 10-05-2007 10:46 AM

King PSYZ 10-05-2007 12:27 PM

Waus 10-05-2007 12:51 PM

It's not his fault 4chan is flooded with racist jokes. I guess it is his fault for posting them here though.

I dunno - it's weird - the racist jokes on sites like that are so backwards, like, jokes no one honestly makes anymore (unless there's sects of racists who are way behind the times hiding in Alabama). I think they're racist jokes to just be shockingly racist.

Teh 10-05-2007 01:07 PM

Yo, i'll be honest, i was nieve - retarded, even, for posting them here, but come on! far worse and more hurtful things have been said over this board than some silly racist .jpegs, give me a break. I'm not a racist at all, i just thought maybe you'd all look at them light heartedly (i can't wait to see the responses that'll get) but i suppose not.

But hey, if you're all going to jump on the PC bandwagon then be my guest! Not that i am in any way condoning racism, i just think it's a little bit redundant to get all het-up about some daft pictures posted by someone away over on the other side of the world. Shouldn't you be worrying about your credit card bill, or something?

Until i go and oh, i dunno, lynch some black person - yeah, you get the idea.

It was my fault, nobody needs to take this any further, or even try and defend the fact that i only posted the pictures, didnt produce them, although i appreciate that.

The End.

Lyman Zerga 10-05-2007 01:16 PM

yeah he is no racist, just some fat nerd kid

King PSYZ 10-05-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh (Post 1519280)
Yo, i'll be honest, i was nieve - retarded, even, for posting them here, but come on! far worse and more hurtful things have been said over this board than some silly racist .jpegs, give me a break. I'm not a racist at all, i just thought maybe you'd all look at them light heartedly (i can't wait to see the responses that'll get) but i suppose not.

But hey, if you're all going to jump on the PC bandwagon then be my guest! Not that i am in any way condoning racism, i just think it's a little bit redundant to get all het-up about some daft pictures posted by someone away over on the other side of the world. Shouldn't you be worrying about your credit card bill, or something?

Until i go and oh, i dunno, lynch some black person - yeah, you get the idea.

It was my fault, nobody needs to take this any further, or even try and defend the fact that i only posted the pictures, didnt produce them, although i appreciate that.

The End.

It's all the same vein, if you don't like the response you get from posting controversial images, don't post them

Waus 10-05-2007 01:33 PM

::sigh::

Teh 10-05-2007 01:36 PM

Yes, i should've realised that people probably would see them more as being poor-taste racist humour rather than daft spin offs of inside e-jokes like i did. Things like this aren't what breed racism these days, though.

hpdrifter 10-05-2007 02:06 PM

In the U.S. those are still charged images. I agree with whoever said they are antiquated.

I don't know where you're from but I think its scandanavia or the U.K. so I get that you didn't realize that they are way not cool over here.

But I have to take issue with your saying its about being P.C. That implies that this is something harmless. Its not, it has a real basis in a real problem in our country.

Teh 10-05-2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpdrifter (Post 1519316)
In the U.S. those are still charged images. I agree with whoever said they are antiquated.

I don't know where you're from but I think its scandanavia or the U.K. so I get that you didn't realize that they are way not cool over here.

But I have to take issue with your saying its about being P.C. That implies that this is something harmless. Its not, it has a real basis in a real problem in our country.

Yeah, all i meant was that the image, on this forum, isn't particularly harmful. It's basis in reality on the other hand, well, anyway.

Anyway. i'm seriously sorry about the way you guys took what i posted. If anybody wants it deleted or whatever then yeah, too late for me to edit it anyway.

Lyman Zerga 10-05-2007 02:24 PM

hope the right balance is right back in town now

hpdrifter 10-05-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waus (Post 1519298)

BWahahahhhahhaaa!

I am going to LOL over this for a week.

And then get myself one.

beastiegirrl101 10-05-2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh (Post 1518806)

HAHAHAH lolol....dude I can't breath, laughing so hard.

ericlee 10-05-2007 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebasser (Post 1517938)

OH MY GOD!! LOLOLOL!!

a.k.a me 10-06-2007 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyman Zerga (Post 1519325)

hope the right balance is right back in town now

racist.

Auton 10-06-2007 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waus (Post 1519298)

hahahahahaha hahahaha

icy manipulator 10-06-2007 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King PSYZ (Post 1519263)

ffs, is there anything you dont have a cry over?

ericlee 10-06-2007 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icy manipulator (Post 1519530)
ffs, is there anything you dont have a cry over?

hahahahahaha. God dammit hahaha.

Baseline 10-06-2007 10:52 AM

more:
worst logos ever!

Teh 10-06-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastiegirrl101 (Post 1519358)
HAHAHAH lolol....dude I can't breath, laughing so hard.

I basically died when i saw it too, this too:

cosmo105 10-06-2007 07:24 PM

to be fair i know teh is a decent kid, and i seriously doubt he meant any real harm from those. the whole horribly racist joke thing is meant more to laugh at the stereotype itself and how obscene it is, kind of like dead baby jokes. yes they're horrible, but it's all about how horrible and offensive can you get. of course no one means these things, it's just laughing at the absurdity of it. it's never meant to be taken seriously.

TurdBerglar 10-06-2007 07:58 PM

will somnone please explain the pear thing to me

Waus 10-06-2007 08:16 PM

The pear thing is from a popular internet meme seem a lot on certain image boards.

The pear goes with the phrase "Lol wut" whenever someone posts something completely non-sequitur to the thread topic. There's a few different "lol wut" pictures, always something completely weird, but the pear is the only one that's stuck around.

There's also "pic unrelated" for when people post something but the image they post with the text has nothing to do with it. There are some pretty bizarre "pic unrelated" images too.

TurdBerglar 10-06-2007 08:19 PM

ah

so totally pointless and stupid random "humor". just as i figured.

Bob 10-06-2007 09:01 PM

is this all a 4chan thing?

i've spent a lot of time on the internet but i've still never been to 4chan, i'm pretty happy with myself in regards to that

Waus 10-06-2007 09:03 PM

Yeah...4chan is pretty much bottom of the barrel. I went there for a while, but the whole site is glossed over with a layer of pron, so it's unhealthy for me.

The only thing I really like about it is that it's just updated insanely fast with a huge variety of images since people post from all over...it's almost a challenge for people there to come up with pics of different things on command.

Schmeltz 10-07-2007 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo105 (Post 1519650)
to be fair i know teh is a decent kid, and i seriously doubt he meant any real harm from those. the whole horribly racist joke thing is meant more to laugh at the stereotype itself and how obscene it is, kind of like dead baby jokes. yes they're horrible, but it's all about how horrible and offensive can you get. of course no one means these things, it's just laughing at the absurdity of it. it's never meant to be taken seriously.

Here is a young lady with an appreciation for irony. Well said.