Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie-Free General Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Quiz for the females (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=86476)

na§tee 04-22-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcdefz (Post 1577474)
Yeah -- I don't like assumed familiarity or endearment. That crosses the line.

oooooh. that gets my goat too.

in the same sort of thinking i don't like strangers shortening people's names. my brother is called daniel. my mum hates names you can shorten (hence claire) but she was persuaded at the last minute to go for 'daniel' rather than 'graham' - that became his middle name. hey, i'm going to nominate that for your names you don't hear much anymore thread - graham. graeme. in you go.

anyhiz, he is always daniel to us. not dan, danny, or (oh, my teeth hurt with annoyance just thinking about it, but some people do it) danny boy. when people who have just met him use those names just to have a more jocular sort of familiarity it really frustrates me - why don't you go and christen him yourself, ya goof?

abcdefz 04-22-2008 09:49 AM

Re: Quiz for the females

Yup.

I can't stand if someone I don't like calls me "Dave." I used to work with this one guy who, finally, I just told him not to call me that.

DipDipDive 04-22-2008 10:58 AM

I'm okay with being called a girl by other females or guys my age and younger. Beyond that it's kind of degrading.

a.k.a me 04-24-2008 11:24 PM

It would bother me if someone refered to me as "woman" in a serious way. Mainly because, I, too, associate the word with old, boring people and/or retro housewives.

ET 04-25-2008 11:33 AM

The only person allowed to call me darlin is the old lady at Waffle House. Also, she is the only person allowed to pat me on the bottom as well. Also, she is the only person who wants to pat me on the bottom.

b-grrrlie 04-25-2008 04:17 PM

I'm just a girl....

What I really hate if people (mainly guys) call me '"lilla gumman" (little "old lady") which is often used by guys as "sweetheart"
for their girlfriends or parents for their kid daughters.
I've always found it deminishing and would never answer if someone called me that.

gbsuey 04-27-2008 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcdefz (Post 1577508)
Yup.

I can't stand if someone I don't like calls me "Dave." I used to work with this one guy who, finally, I just told him not to call me that.

i used to know someone like that so we all called him id-what crazy kids we were. actually he was quite nutty-he would stop eating and drinking for days on end with only a stone in his mouth to stop himself dehydrating-and he'd lie under his truck.

i find a lot of scottish people i know don't shorten their name-always andrew or stephen or whatever. but quite a few daveys

i wouldn't mind girl-might stop me feeling so fucking old sometimes