Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What Beastie Boys song are you listening to? (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=98111)

kll 06-01-2012 02:52 PM

Re: What Beastie Boys song are you listening to?

Man, driving to work this morning - Long Burn the Fire just really hit me (in a good way... the rhymes are just so bad ass) and I hit replay over and over and over and over for the 45 min commute. I love how you can listen to a song dozens of times, but then BAM - it speaks to you in a different way all of a sudden...

MagicSpork 06-02-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdfloatindown (Post 1787543)
Looking Down The Barrel of a Gun (y)

That song was playing on my flash drive when I just pulled into my driveway about ten minutes ago

Rapid fire Louie like Rambo got bullets
I'm a gonna die harder like my kid Bruce Willis

Paul's Boutique is such a fucking awesome album...it's a crime that it took so long for it to get its proper recognition...I guess that's the price you pay for being so innovative...

laurie_hammy 06-02-2012 08:48 AM

The Vibes, oh and Intergalactic came on at work which was nice.

YoungRemy 06-02-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kll (Post 1791233)
Man, driving to work this morning - Long Burn the Fire just really hit me (in a good way... the rhymes are just so bad ass) and I hit replay over and over and over and over for the 45 min commute. I love how you can listen to a song dozens of times, but then BAM - it speaks to you in a different way all of a sudden...

they called their shot on this one.

it's ominous, but in a good way, like you said. the lyrics in the song becomes true before my ears each time I listen to it.

laurie_hammy 06-03-2012 10:35 AM

Do It

abbott 04-25-2017 06:04 AM

so Electrify is my new favorite for the time

never saw it coming, but when I think about it the "can i get a witness..." line is always in my head.

Sir SkratchaLot 04-25-2017 08:47 AM

I took an 8 hour road trip last weekend and listened to the whole catalog in order (Polywog Stew, Cookie Puss, Licensed to Ill, Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, Ill Communication, Aglio E Olio, To the 5 Burroughs, The Mix Up, Hot Sauce Committee Pt. II.) It was pretty cool because the timing worked out perfectly. The first song on Polywog Stew was playing as I left the house and the last song of HSC was playing as I pulled back into my driveway.

dave790 04-25-2017 11:09 AM

You must really hate Hello Nasty :p

Sir SkratchaLot 04-25-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave790 (Post 1819556)
You must really hate Hello Nasty :p

Wait, I did listen to Hello Nasty, just forgot to list it, LOL. In fact, I listened to the Japanese version with the "Slow and Low" Mixmaster Mike version at the end.

Rodie 04-25-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot (Post 1819555)
I took an 8 hour road trip last weekend and listened to the whole catalog in order (Polywog Stew, Cookie Puss, Licensed to Ill, Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, Ill Communication, Aglio E Olio, To the 5 Burroughs, The Mix Up, Hot Sauce Committee Pt. II.) It was pretty cool because the timing worked out perfectly. The first song on Polywog Stew was playing as I left the house and the last song of HSC was playing as I pulled back into my driveway.

I've always wanted to do this, but it's so hard to find the time. Curious, did you listen to the bonus discs for CYH, IC, and HN? I'm torn when/if I can actually sit back and do this if I'd listen to those as well.

Sir SkratchaLot 04-26-2017 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodie (Post 1819558)
I've always wanted to do this, but it's so hard to find the time. Curious, did you listen to the bonus discs for CYH, IC, and HN? I'm torn when/if I can actually sit back and do this if I'd listen to those as well.

It actually gives you some cool perspective on how the band's sound and styles evolved. Perfect for a road trip.

I didn't get into any of the bonus discs/b-sides/side projects etc (with the exception of the extra track on Hello Nasty because I randomly grabbed the Japanese disc). I probably have at least 4 hours worth of additional stuff. I'll have to save that for a 12-hour road trip.