Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie-Free General Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What else do phyisicians screen urine for other than drugs? (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=65371)

kaiser soze 04-07-2006 06:07 PM

What else do phyisicians screen urine for other than drugs?

Just curious, I have blood work to do monday and the person on the phone told me to not after 12am and to drink water/coffee/tea for a urine screening

I didn't ask why initially, but will if they ask

is this something to do with my blood? I'm paranoid they're going to drug test....and they have no right to considering I'm not employed by my physician

oh, this is VA related...hmm

ericlee 04-07-2006 06:30 PM

Re: What else do phyisicians screen urine for other than drugs?

if I'm correct, they have to state that they will give you a drug test prior to employment.

If it does mention that they will give you a drug test as part of the interview, then most likely, it will be a drug test.

I really can't think of any other reason why they'd make you piss. Maybe to check your sugar levels and hydration but still, you got me.

ericlee 04-07-2006 06:34 PM

my bad, I thought this was an employment piss test.

The Notorious LOL 04-07-2006 06:50 PM

certain pathogens possibly sexually transmitted but not necessarily.

CrankItUp! 04-07-2006 06:54 PM

They need to "sniff it!" and make sure it aint apple juice or just pretend it is and drink it later - BURP! :D

Ace42X 04-07-2006 07:19 PM

Enzymes, liver, etc.

yeahwho 04-07-2006 07:55 PM

dribbles, broccoli and clap puss.

kaiser soze 04-07-2006 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace42X
Enzymes, liver, etc.

That's what I think it is about

cookiepuss 04-07-2006 08:26 PM

no, they won't do a drug test if it's not scheduled as a drug test. I mean if this is something being done because you are sick or a routine physical, then they most likely going to be looking for signals something wrong or they are only going to test for sigals that will help them diagosis the problem. there are different types of urine test that look for differnt types things, each test they do on the urine costs money so they aren't going to go the extra mile if they don't have a reason to.

SwimFinFan 04-07-2006 09:39 PM

It is probably a routine urinalysis: they check for sugars, proteins, blood cells, bacteria - things that shouldn't be there that could be warnings of other problems.

Here is some info.