Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   fightforyourrightrevisted book + dvd/bluray (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100774)

dust monkey 12-17-2020 12:02 AM

fightforyourrightrevisted book + dvd/bluray

can't believe i slept on this. just arrived today and i'm blown away. i was in a state of denial around this time with regards to yauch, i obviously watched the short many a times but i had no idea this existed until a few weeks ago doing some searches from another recent thread on HSCpartI.

this has prob been discussed at length but i love this fucking book and i haven't even put the discs in yet. yauch looks so fucking happy in these pics and i can't believe i've never seen some of these shots before.

anyway to anyone else in denial around '11 like i was, pick this up for $20, you won't be dissapointed.

Sir SkratchaLot 12-17-2020 12:37 PM

Re: fightforyourrightrevisted book + dvd/bluray

Quote:

Originally Posted by dust monkey (Post 1824065)
can't believe i slept on this. just arrived today and i'm blown away. i was in a state of denial around this time with regards to yauch, i obviously watched the short many a times but i had no idea this existed until a few weeks ago doing some searches from another recent thread on HSCpartI.

this has prob been discussed at length but i love this fucking book and i haven't even put the discs in yet. yauch looks so fucking happy in these pics and i can't believe i've never seen some of these shots before.

anyway to anyone else in denial around '11 like i was, pick this up for $20, you won't be dissapointed.

Yep, it's dope.

YoungRemy 12-17-2020 12:59 PM

I almost forgot I owned it, Thanks for the reminder

The second photograph in the book and the last photograph are to cherish forever. Just three beastie boys in full effect. And the Yauch intro and dedication...

Everyone on the set knew it was Yauch’s swan song as described by Seth Rogen, and you can see magic, warmth, and respect in all of the photos.

Wait so there’s a blu ray version on the dvd disc?

The audio disk includes b boys in the cut, pop your balloon and remixes of make some noise and don’t play no game

dust monkey 12-17-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungRemy (Post 1824067)
Wait so there’s a blu ray version on the dvd disc?

The audio disk includes b boys in the cut, pop your balloon and remixes of make some noise and don’t play no game

yes exactly, both dvd and blu ray and a 5.1 mix of HSCII

still excited about it as you can tell.

tuc70021 12-18-2020 09:54 PM

Damn, you just inspired me to buy the first non-vinyl piece of Beastie music in a loooooooong time.

brooklyndust 12-22-2020 11:31 PM

I panned on this when it first came out because I spent a whole bunch of money on the deluxe vinyl package, but now admit I am wrong and can attest about how awesome it is.
Was able to pick up for $40 in the discount bin at a local record store a few years ago.

Super stupid question here, but can anyone explain to me the difference between 2.0 vs. 5.1 sound?

What would I notice differently?
What should I have it set at when listening through headphones vs. my stereo system?

Just finished watching parts of the Video anthology which I think is such a great collection.

There is so much extra footage from the alternate angles that someone could make a re-cut video of one of their existing videos or a supercut of all their videos.

Brother McDuff 12-23-2020 09:25 AM

5.1 is surround sound. you’d need 5 speakers (left, center, right, rear left, and rear right) and a subwoofer to experience.

Sir SkratchaLot 12-23-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooklyndust (Post 1824087)
I panned on this when it first came out because I spent a whole bunch of money on the deluxe vinyl package, but now admit I am wrong and can attest about how awesome it is.
Was able to pick up for $40 in the discount bin at a local record store a few years ago.

Super stupid question here, but can anyone explain to me the difference between 2.0 vs. 5.1 sound?

What would I notice differently?
What should I have it set at when listening through headphones vs. my stereo system?

Just finished watching parts of the Video anthology which I think is such a great collection.

There is so much extra footage from the alternate angles that someone could make a re-cut video of one of their existing videos or a supercut of all their videos.

When listening in headphones or on two speakers you want to select 2.0 (stereo). As, McDuff pointed out 5.1 requires 5 speakers and a subwoofer. The "5" stands for the 5 speakers (left, center, right, left-rear, right-rear) and the ".1" stands for the subwoofer.

3stooges 12-23-2020 03:45 PM

Don't forget the receiver. You need a receiver that does 5.1.

This kind of setup is typically for what they call a "home theater" system, hooked up with the tv, for movies, etc, that are available in 5.1 sound (as opposed to just regular stereo sound).