Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie Boys in the Press (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   i'm looking for something.. (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=93664)

Guy Incognito 12-17-2009 04:51 PM

i'm looking for something..
 
had absolutely no joy on the tube.

When CYH came out in UK, they did an appearance on Jonathan Ross's chat show that was on about teatime on channel 4. i remember bits, they showed the pass the mic video, they got a bit short with him cos he kept going on about LTI stuff, ad-rock kept rockin in his chair and ross said it was the best "rain man" impression he had ever seen. thats all i can remember.
i know i havent dreamt this . PB kinda passed me by first time around and this was a bit of the start of my reintroduction to them, it was first time i heard pass the mic.

has any one got this clip?or does anyone else remember it?

ham and cheese 01-04-2010 01:33 PM

Re: i'm looking for something..
 
I was actually going to post about this ages ago! You’re not going mad my friend - somewhere I have a video tape with this interview, a true classic. Adrock was high as a kite it seemed and they started the interview by all hugging Mr Ross, they talked about the British press, New Kids on the block and yes, Adrock was compared to Rainman, to which Jonathan received another hug! I remember watching it all those years ago whilst having my tea and must have watched it over and over many times.

Here’s the bad news, sadly I would have no idea how to get this online for you - just thinking off the top of my head, I could film it using my web cam maybe and create a file to upload - it won’t be great, but you’ll get to see it.

Leave it with me, I’ll see what I can do.

Guy Incognito 01-05-2010 01:18 PM

Re: i'm looking for something..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ham and cheese (Post 1716744)
I was actually going to post about this ages ago! You’re not going mad my friend - somewhere I have a video tape with this interview, a true classic. Adrock was high as a kite it seemed and they started the interview by all hugging Mr Ross, they talked about the British press, New Kids on the block and yes, Adrock was compared to Rainman, to which Jonathan received another hug! I remember watching it all those years ago whilst having my tea and must have watched it over and over many times.

Here’s the bad news, sadly I would have no idea how to get this online for you - just thinking off the top of my head, I could film it using my web cam maybe and create a file to upload - it won’t be great, but you’ll get to see it.

Leave it with me, I’ll see what I can do.

dont worry if its a mission , i actually have leads to convert video to pc but dont have a video anymore, ha!
its just good to know someone else knew what i was talking about(y)

pesto pizza 01-07-2010 08:33 AM

Re: i'm looking for something..
 
I remember being told about it after the showed aired in 92 and i was pissed off that nobody told me at the the time,i think they stick a notice to back of jonny ross(kick me).I would love to see it.
also i missed rapido in 1989 where they had an interview,i have only ever seen stills on beastiemania of these two shows.
because back in 89,92 it was very rare to see the beasties on english tv(and it is my two favourite era's of the beasties).

pesto pizza 01-10-2010 06:19 AM

Re: i'm looking for something..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ham and cheese (Post 1716744)
I was actually going to post about this ages ago! You’re not going mad my friend - somewhere I have a video tape with this interview, a true classic. Adrock was high as a kite it seemed and they started the interview by all hugging Mr Ross, they talked about the British press, New Kids on the block and yes, Adrock was compared to Rainman, to which Jonathan received another hug! I remember watching it all those years ago whilst having my tea and must have watched it over and over many times.

Here’s the bad news, sadly I would have no idea how to get this online for you - just thinking off the top of my head, I could film it using my web cam maybe and create a file to upload - it won’t be great, but you’ll get to see it.

Leave it with me, I’ll see what I can do.

i would like to watch it please, even if you film it with a webcam,thanks.

silence7 02-09-2010 01:35 AM

Re: i'm looking for something..
 
In 1989, he co-presented the biennial BBC charity telethon Comic Relief, the same year he launched One Hour with Jonathan Ross a short lived chat show on Channel 4, most notable for the game show segment "Knock down ginger" which introduced comedians such as Vic Reeves, Bob Mortimer, Paul Whitehouse and Charlie Higson to television.

Couldn't find the vid you were looking for, but does this seem like the same show???

Jonathan Ross show with guests Siouxsie Sioux and Paul Morley

ham and cheese 02-09-2010 01:00 PM

Re: i'm looking for something..
 
I think it was called ‘tonight with Jonathan Ross’ it was on 5 nights a week,
I WILL upload it one day soon - promise!!!

Guy Incognito 02-09-2010 05:48 PM

Re: i'm looking for something..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by silence7 (Post 1721476)
In 1989, he co-presented the biennial BBC charity telethon Comic Relief, the same year he launched One Hour with Jonathan Ross a short lived chat show on Channel 4, most notable for the game show segment "Knock down ginger" which introduced comedians such as Vic Reeves, Bob Mortimer, Paul Whitehouse and Charlie Higson to television.

Couldn't find the vid you were looking for, but does this seem like the same show???

Jonathan Ross show with guests Siouxsie Sioux and Paul Morley

no not same show or set. channel 4 tried a million times to do the jonathon ross chat show in loads of different guises and it was only when he went to the beeb did he crack it really.

pesto pizza 03-06-2011 01:18 PM

Re: i'm looking for something..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ham and cheese (Post 1721542)
I think it was called ‘tonight with Jonathan Ross’ it was on 5 nights a week,
I WILL upload it one day soon - promise!!!

come on ham and cheese,where's the video?

Guy Incognito 02-04-2014 03:22 PM

Re: i'm looking for something..
 
I have just found this on youtube courtesy of porkys1982.

Nice one I was worrying i had imagined the whole thing. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igkux9DiB5Y

peterclamp 01-12-2015 08:35 AM

Re: i'm looking for something..
 
I remember this, haha Adam H had been smoking some good stuff there!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2012 Beastie Boys