Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Genius Thread II (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=22)

Yetra Flam 09-19-2007 12:33 AM

Re: Genius Thread II

:(

icy manipulator 09-19-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo105 (Post 1511357)

i should be ashamed that i find that so funny :o

skra75 09-19-2007 09:00 AM

abcdefz 09-19-2007 09:28 AM

^
Nice

Auton 09-19-2007 02:53 PM

ollllllllld

Baseline 09-19-2007 08:04 PM

TimDoolan 09-20-2007 01:58 PM

Lyman Zerga 09-20-2007 02:03 PM

hahhahahaha (y)

Rock 09-20-2007 02:50 PM

beastiegirrl101 09-20-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King PSYZ (Post 1507786)
no... (n)
It sucks some shit ass people hunt seals, but there's nothing cool about seeing a newborn in a pool of blood.

fuck all y'all

Do you eat meat? It's pretty much the same thing.

cosmo105 09-20-2007 03:39 PM

eat cheese and drink milk? it's pretty much the same thing.

:rolleyes: get off that high horse nata.

Auton 09-20-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastiegirrl101 (Post 1513767)
Do you eat meat? It's pretty much the same thing.

^huh? that's pretty vague.
I'm assuming that what you're saying is that.. if you eat meat you shouldn't be mad at a picture somebody made of an animal mutilating a baby, because you eat animals, and are therefore killing something that was also a baby at some point.

well, if somebody posted a picture of anything, including baby animals bloody and being clubbed to death, that would be still be very objectionable. so just because clubbing seals is wrong, and it's some people's understandable opinion that eating meat is wrong, posting a picture of any sort of baby, animal or human, getting bludgeoned to death is completely tasteless and unfunny.

cosmo105 09-20-2007 03:55 PM

well said

Bob 09-20-2007 06:24 PM

from here

Rock 09-21-2007 12:23 AM

I can't believe this shit is still going.

tasteless?

ericlee 09-21-2007 02:31 AM

Lyman Zerga 09-21-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auton (Post 1513774)
, animal or human, getting bludgeoned to death is completely tasteless and unfunny.

it isnt supposed to be funny :confused:

Rock 09-21-2007 03:12 PM

no, but this is.

and i thought i had a shitty job.

Lyman Zerga 09-21-2007 03:21 PM

gross

Auton 09-21-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyman Zerga (Post 1514098)
it isnt supposed to be funny :confused:

ok, then it's completely tasteless and pointless, because everybody who already agreed with the person who made that went "lol that's awesome" and everybody who didn't before just thinks he's a disgusting prick now.

what does that picture have to offer anybody? what change is that going to bring? none of us are baby-seal-clubbers, so it's not going to stop that. I doubt Bob or Ericlee woke up that morning, looked in this thread and thought "Wow, I really need to stop clubbing seals to death." How many baby-seal-clubbers are there on the internet, anyway? What's the point of making that picture when the intended audience is probably on some boat somewhere, and is never going to see it?

ok, so tell me. what am i "not getting?" go on, tell me what I, average internet user, am supposed to glean from that image?

Bob 09-21-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auton (Post 1514174)
ok, then it's completely tasteless and pointless, because everybody who already agreed with the person who made that went "lol that's awesome" and everybody who didn't before just thinks he's a disgusting prick now.

what does that picture have to offer anybody? what change is that going to bring? none of us are baby-seal-clubbers, so it's not going to stop that. I doubt Bob or Ericlee woke up that morning, looked in this thread and thought "Wow, I really need to stop clubbing seals to death." How many baby-seal-clubbers are there on the internet, anyway? What's the point of making that picture when the intended audience is probably on some boat somewhere, and is never going to see it?

ok, so tell me. what am i "not getting?" go on, tell me what I, average internet user, am supposed to glean from that image?

well to be fair, i actually haven't clubbed any baby seals between now and when the picture was posted

TurdBerglar 09-21-2007 06:02 PM

i did

and a baby too. but just one!

Rock 09-21-2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auton (Post 1514174)

Dude, that picture wasn't posted because it was suppose to make some sort of statement about baby seals being clubbed. I'm sure whoever made it was trying to be all, "What if it was your baby being clubbed maaaan?" But I found the picture, it is obviously fake and made me go "thats ridiculous" so I posted it.

The baby doesn't even look like a real baby, and people are freaking out about it. No one here seems to freak out with dead baby jokes, or the REAL toddler getting kicked HARD by breakdance dude in that gif.

Some may have found it offensive, some may have found it funny, some may have even found it "Genius", and some just don't give a shit and went on to the next picture. Just like any other post/picture in this thread.

If you or anyone is really offended, then just ask a mod to delete it.

Drederick Tatum 09-21-2007 10:05 PM

SEAL VS BABY

I didn't find it particularly funny, but it's obviously a highly stylized piece of work, so I find it difficult to find it offended either.

it's clearly 'fake' and endeavors to make a point that the creator thought important enough to be expressed in a potentially shocking manner. however, personally, it looks far too 'produced' to induce any kind of revulsion in me. it's merely someone's attempt at visually articulating something they see as significant. in other words, it's art.

kingpsyz needs to calm down. and you too auton. calm down. right down.

Lyman Zerga 09-22-2007 04:36 AM

yeah i agree x 2

see we discuss about the picture which is probably the main point someone made it, no one would give a fuck if the picture looked harmless and it's good to wake some people up just like the pictures of dead fetuses in trashcans, it's nothing nice to look at but it's reality and maybe some people would think twice if we had more pictures like that around before they do some stupid shit (again)

icy manipulator 09-22-2007 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo105 (Post 1513769)
eat cheese and drink milk? it's pretty much the same thing.

:rolleyes: get off that high horse nata.

yeah coz eating cheese and drinking milk is torture to animals man.........

fuck off with that vegan shit

Auton 09-22-2007 08:08 AM

^um, she was being sarcastic.

Auton 09-22-2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyman Zerga (Post 1514255)
yeah i agree x 2

see we discuss about the picture which is probably the main point someone made it, no one would give a fuck if the picture looked harmless and it's good to wake some people up just like the pictures of dead fetuses in trashcans, it's nothing nice to look at but it's reality and maybe some people would think twice if we had more pictures like that around before they do some stupid shit (again)

eh, i think it will change 0 people's opinions, but i'm going just drop it now.

Otis Driftwood 09-22-2007 09:14 AM

Vegemals:

Lyman Zerga 09-22-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auton (Post 1514279)
eh, i think it will change 0 people's opinions, but i'm going just drop it now.

it got addressed to the wrong board/people, rock should send it to the j-low board and to any other 'real fur supporting' cuntbags