Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Remixes (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A Cappellas (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=54300)

minton 07-29-2005 03:18 PM

A Cappellas

Beastie Boys A Cappellas

We've launched a new section on the site offering Beastie Boys A Cappellas for you to download and use for your own personal remixes (along with tempo information for most tracks).

We'll be updating it each week for the next little while with a new one for you to download. Check it out.

synch 07-29-2005 03:26 PM

Re: A Cappellas

Nice! Looks good too :)

Is this part of that vault thing you have been working on or is this completely unrelated?

minton 07-29-2005 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synch
Nice! Looks good too :)

Is this part of that vault thing you have been working on or is this completely unrelated?

Nah, this is just a little something we pulled together to try and help out the people on here who wanted more a cappellas for their remixes.

dave790 07-29-2005 04:23 PM

thanks a lot mate, shit's hot! brr stick 'em aswell...

i wish there was a root down acapella with the swearing intact though, although the 'curse words' are present in RRNN and the like.

All in all though this is real good, cheers admins, i look forward to some more in the future :)

saml 07-29-2005 04:41 PM

dope! (y)

TheMightyAjax 07-29-2005 11:03 PM

Now I have a reason not to leave the basement. Thanks Minton!

jimmyjrg 07-30-2005 03:07 AM

It only took 13 months and a bit but...

I really like the background image. (y)

laurie_hammy 07-30-2005 06:54 AM

This is awsome yall

jennyb 07-30-2005 04:08 PM

Yes it is awesome indeed!

I'd like to give a shout out to Nygel

Way to go, man (y)

Taco Zip 07-31-2005 02:19 AM

Great stuff, thanks (y)

mudfoot 07-31-2005 08:58 AM

In the words of Darth Vader - "This will be a day long remembered".

Thundercracker 07-31-2005 03:01 PM

hell yeah!
great section!

i think i'm gonna try remixing some of the beasties songs now...

BroomHead 07-31-2005 04:35 PM

Are you going to also post up unreleased acapellas? Like, go back, get the Beastie vocals on, oh I don't know, Finger Lickin' Good *cough*, and put em up. Or are we just supposed to remix the dozen or so, already released, acapellas for the rest of our lives?

Just kidding. Great idea. After all, I had no idea Brr Stick 'Em had an A Capella.

steve-onpoint 07-31-2005 09:09 PM

alright.

BeastieRunner 07-31-2005 09:14 PM

Sweeeeeeet . . .

minton 07-31-2005 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroomHead
Are you going to also post up unreleased acapellas? Like, go back, get the Beastie vocals on, oh I don't know, Finger Lickin' Good *cough*, and put em up. Or are we just supposed to remix the dozen or so, already released, acapellas for the rest of our lives?

Just kidding. Great idea. After all, I had no idea Brr Stick 'Em had an A Capella.

The Brr Stick 'Em A Cappella was previously unreleased, that's the new one for the first week. As for what's to come in the following weeks, I'm sworn to secrecy so I can't say. Yeah. Check back each Friday to find out.

DeeJayZap 08-01-2005 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minton
The Brr Stick 'Em A Cappella was previously unreleased, that's the new one for the first week. As for what's to come in the following weeks, I'm sworn to secrecy so I can't say. Yeah. Check back each Friday to find out.

ok, you dont have to tell us what. but are they unreleased? like brand new?

RobMoney 08-01-2005 06:25 AM

Was this inspired by Nygel asking Yauch for some a capella's?

If so, Yauch is even cooler than I thought!

BroomHead 08-01-2005 11:43 AM

Quote:

Keep coming with new ones and that'll be dope.

dave790 08-01-2005 11:59 AM

Alright Hear This! Wouldn't even care if people used it for remixes or not, the vocals in that are tight simply as an acapella! In fact any acapella of the distorted vocals 9or vocals recorded using the kareoke mic) would be cool.

Whatever though, great section (y)

BroomHead 08-01-2005 02:52 PM

Oh oh, you guys should also round all the Acapellas to basic tempos. Like 101bpms instead of 101.75bpms. That'd be sweet too. Thanks.

Clarence 08-03-2005 08:08 PM

Quote:

Beastie Boys A Cappellas

We've launched a new section on the site offering Beastie Boys A Cappellas for you to download and use for your own personal remixes (along with tempo information for most tracks).

We'll be updating it each week for the next little while with a new one for you to download. Check it out.

Man, this is like one of the coolest things a band could do for their fans...so much appreciated.

Problem: I'm rockin' an imac and its only downloading them in a quicktime movie format, rather than an mp3 format...and where it says format my only option is quicktime...any help would be cool...

Peace.

minton 08-03-2005 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarence
Man, this is like one of the coolest things a band could do for their fans...so much appreciated.

Problem: I'm rockin' an imac and its only downloading them in a quicktime movie format, rather than an mp3 format...and where it says format my only option is quicktime...any help would be cool...

Peace.

Perhaps once the files are downloaded you could rename the file extension to .mp3? Does that work?

landos_dad 08-03-2005 09:16 PM

Thank you Beasties/BeastieBoys.com for sharing the a cappellas. I hope there will be many more great a cappellas to come i.e non singles.

BroomHead 08-04-2005 12:51 AM

Quote:

Peace.

I've had that problem before. If you have some other media player you can click file, "open from URL" and copy and paste the link in the space. It should open it in the media player. You can save it from here as an MP3. It worked for me.

jimmyjrg 08-04-2005 02:12 AM

Quote:

Peace.

Ok, I don't think that's not possible for the file extension to change. Here's what's happening: Quicktime is your default MP3 player so they are actually MP3's. Am I right?

Friis gal 08-04-2005 09:52 AM

sweeet, i love a cappellas :)

Nygel 08-04-2005 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennygirl
Yes it is awesome indeed!

I'd like to give a shout out to Nygel

Way to go, man (y)

indeed, i missed this thread completely when it came out, i was lookin in my thread about the acapellas. oh well, and robmoney, i think this has alot to do with me askin yauch for them, especially since the first one i asked for was brr stick em.... too bad the acca has no chorus though

DeeJayZap 08-04-2005 02:18 PM

one more day till fresh acapella!!!!

dave790 08-04-2005 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nygel
indeed, i missed this thread completely when it came out, i was lookin in my thread about the acapellas. oh well, and robmoney, i think this has alot to do with me askin yauch for them, especially since the first one i asked for was brr stick em.... too bad the acca has no chorus though

that would've been cool, then again it's not them rapping is it so i didn't really expect it. vocal samples are never in acapellas that i've come across. still good job on asking Yauch man...it's all abit unlikely they showed up a few weeks after as a coincedence.