Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie-Free General Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   carol singers (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=84599)

Planetary 12-12-2007 01:35 PM

carol singers

wish they'd piss off. some little cunt turning up by himself just burst out singing before i could say anything. i was just like "no thanks" then closed the door. i used to hate people like me when i was a kid but i don't care. atleast get some friends to come or wear a costume or something.

taquitos 12-12-2007 01:39 PM

Re: carol singers

One person? yeah, hardly worth it. I'd likely have done the same shit.

abcdefz 12-12-2007 01:40 PM

Do you have to open your door?

Maybe you can just put up a sign saying "No caroling." I wouldn't see anything wrong with that.

Planetary 12-12-2007 01:42 PM

nah i like to see the dissapointment in the kid's faces.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)

-T- 12-12-2007 01:45 PM

I have never encountered a carolers at my house. I would get angry if i did. I would be like maybe I don't celebrate Christmas you fuckers.

I used to hate when Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door. Half of them did not listen. I could care less what your believes are but leave me the hell alone. I used to mess with them a lot.

abcdefz 12-12-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planetary (Post 1541233)
nah i like to see the dissapointment in the kid's faces.

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.

Yorkshire~Rose 12-12-2007 01:56 PM

I don't mind them that much. But they have to make an effort. One chorus of 'we wish you a merry christmas' (which seems to be the only thing these kids know) just isn't going to cut it.

MC Moot 12-12-2007 02:10 PM

I remember when I was a kid and they used to come around in top hats,holding candles,looking like something strait out of Dickens story...and pop used pour the men a nip....muy authentico....(y)

b i o n i c 12-12-2007 02:13 PM

try hanging a christmas tree by a noose from a tree out front

Rock 12-12-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b i o n i c (Post 1541246)

Noice.

Is this a common thing? I've only seen them in movies. Never had them show up anywhere I lived or seen them making the rounds anywhere I've been.

HEIRESS 12-12-2007 05:23 PM

I used to do it every year with neighborhood people. we'd go to the extended care home and go room to room to the people who cant get around anymore.
then on the way home we'd stop at random people's place (mostly people someone knew) and bust out a few tunes

I should organize something this year with people my own age. it'd be fun.

regardless, i go every year to kareoke and sing "winter wonderland" in my axel rose/operetta voice.

MC Moot 12-12-2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEIRESS (Post 1541421)
I used to do it every year with neighborhood people. we'd go to the extended care home and go room to room to the people who cant get around anymore..

Props....(y)

Helvete 12-12-2007 05:38 PM

I made like $30 one year with my sister and her friends. Score.

Kid Presentable 12-12-2007 08:40 PM

Englishman, Irishman and a Scotsman have been drinking at the same pub for years. Over time, they tend to do more drinking than talking, so the Englishman makes a suggestion one December night:

"We always come to this pub and spend the night staring into our pints, saying nothing. Let's each bring something topical about Christmas to the pub tomorrow night and talk about it"

"Worth a try" The Scotsman says.

The next night they all arrive with something to talk about, relating to Chrismas.

The Scotsman displays some Mistletoe, and says:

"Here's some Mistletoe, it's usually hung about the place on Christmas, and people often kiss under it (och aye)"

The other two nod their approval.

The Englishman displays a Christmas angel:

"This is often found at the top of the Christmas tree, and has many religious connotations connected to the festive season."

The Irishman displays a pair of Women's underwear:

"This is a pair of knickers" he says.

"What does that have to do with Christmas?" asks the Englishman.

"Well," the Irishman replies, "They're Carols"

-T- 12-12-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b i o n i c (Post 1541246)

Thats badass. If I lived in town somewhere I would be tempted to do that just to see the reaction of people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEIRESS
I should organize something this year with people my own age. it'd be fun.

Combine this with alcohol and we have a good time.;)

HEIRESS 12-12-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Presentable (Post 1541484)
Englishman, Irishman and a Scotsman have been drinking at the same pub for years. Over time, they tend to do more drinking than talking, so the Englishman makes a suggestion one December night:

"We always come to this pub and spend the night staring into our pints, saying nothing. Let's each bring something topical about Christmas to the pub tomorrow night and talk about it"

"Worth a try" The Scotsman says.

The next night they all arrive with something to talk about, relating to Chrismas.

The Scotsman displays some Mistletoe, and says:

"Here's some Mistletoe, it's usually hung about the place on Christmas, and people often kiss under it (och aye)"

The Englishman displays a Christmas angel:

"This is often found at the top of the Christmas tree, and has many religious connotations connected to the festive season."

The Irishman displays a pair of Women's underwear:

"This is a pair of knickers" he says.

"What does that have to do with Christmas?" asks the Englishman.

"Well," the Irishman replies, "They're Carols"

NICE!

TurdBerglar 12-13-2007 12:36 AM

carolers would probably get jacked around here.

i didn't think people actually did this shit. it'd piss me off too. GET OFF MY PROPERTY

insertnamehere 12-13-2007 12:47 AM

i thought this was gonna be about some famous lady id never heard of that died or something

Randetica 12-13-2007 08:49 AM

we have the carol singers here at the center of the town and when you want to hear them then you just get the fuck there

our system is so much better than yours cause we are so much better than you