Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TT5B deluxe (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100612)

Taco Zip 06-14-2019 09:50 AM

TT5B deluxe

To the 5 Boroughs came out 15 years ago today.

For the occasion, twelve rare tracks have just been released digitally in addition to the original 15 songs on the album.

Listen here: https://BeastieBoys.lnk.to/ToThe5BoroughsDigitalDeluxe

A couple of new songs and a lot of remixes added!

dust monkey 06-14-2019 10:30 AM

Re: TT5B deluxe

love this album and thank you.

just a good time, of the 14x's i seen them in concert not counting book tour, the shows during this time were so fucking dialed in and good. the show in the Greek Theatre Berkeley was just so loud and good....never forget. miss it much.

pesto pizza 06-14-2019 10:49 AM

Cant find the 12 extra tracks anywhere?

Brother McDuff 06-14-2019 11:09 AM

forgot how lit the b-sides were on this. if they'd swapped the political songs out for these it would have changed the entire landscape of this record for the better.

p.s. i dont see new tracks, just remixes. what am i missing?

Jiberish 06-14-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother McDuff (Post 1822293)
forgot how lit the b-sides were on this. if they'd swapped the political songs out for these it would have changed the entire landscape of this record for the better.

Agreed. i like this album. I like the political songs, but I like all of those B-sides a lot more. Just way more fun. And as far as political raps THIS GOVERNMENT NEEDS A TUNE UP is by far the best one. Not sure why that was left off the record.

NicRN77 06-14-2019 01:09 PM

The extra tunes are up on Spotify. Anywhere we can purchase the digital album?

dust monkey 06-14-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiberish (Post 1822294)
And as far as political raps THIS GOVERNMENT NEEDS A TUNE UP is by far the best one. Not sure why that was left off the record.

yea not sure why this was left off, great record.

In A World Gone Mad is pretty much the only song I can do without but I don't mind the rest at all...in fact i quite like them. coming off 9/11 and NY and them i think the political jams fit nicely.

3MTA3 06-15-2019 07:48 PM

What is the actual name of the Triple Trouble remix that is only called "Triple Trouble" on the deluxe version? It's track #20. Thanks.

dave790 06-16-2019 09:46 AM

Massive fan of TT5B so I知 glad they are marking the occasion.

Nonetheless, I was so disappointed when I saw the rarities tracklist as my mind instantly jumped to unreleased cuts that might have been recorded but were left off the album, ie. Check My Filas etc. (I think that was a title right?)

Still, good shit, good era.

Micodin 06-16-2019 11:42 AM

i知 on the fence with TT5B tbh. it was a ok album with a fun tour. i def loved it when it came out but i tend to rarely revisit it nowadays. there are some gens in the b-sides tho. they make up for some of the clunkers on the album.

i知 gonna listen to this tonight tho. i might even get my old trucker hat with my zodiac sign on it just for the occasion.

Sir SkratchaLot 06-16-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micodin (Post 1822305)
i知 on the fence with TT5B tbh. it was a ok album with a fun tour. i def loved it when it came out but i tend to rarely revisit it nowadays. there are some gens in the b-sides tho. they make up for some of the clunkers on the album.

i知 gonna listen to this tonight tho. i might even get my old trucker hat with my zodiac sign on it just for the occasion.

I feel about the same. The sonics were kind of harsh, compressed and digital sounding compared to their other albums. There are some bangers on there though. I listen to it every once in a while and as far as touring goes it was probably the height of their game.

brooklyndust 06-16-2019 01:06 PM

Listening to it right now, nothing new except for the Triple Trouble Dexter remix and the one just titled 'Triple Trouble Ghram Coxon' not to be mistaken with the 'Ghram Coxon Remix' that that was on the Triple Trouble singles.

Pretty nice with the Sure shot Break. Does anyone know who the guest Emcee is? What they're saying (something about Paul's Boutique) and what language they're rapping in? Sounds French.

Bradleystp 06-16-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave790 (Post 1822304)
ie. Check My Filas etc.

I don't think I ever heard of this one.

Uru-Nitro 06-17-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooklyndust (Post 1822307)
Pretty nice with the Sure shot Break. Does anyone know who the guest Emcee is? What they're saying (something about Paul's Boutique) and what language they're rapping in? Sounds French.

The remix you are talking about I think it's the one called Brainpower Remix back in the days. Brainpower is a Dutch MC, and I'm pretty sure the language is Dutch too, but I'm sure Taco Zipo could confirm :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1mLVcFjJDU

tt5brevisited 06-18-2019 12:01 PM

Full versions of the 'Shazam!' Ad-Rock and Mike D remixes would've been nice.

Brother McDuff 06-18-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradleystp (Post 1822308)
I don't think I ever heard of this one.

i reckon fella is referring to the songs listed on the dry-erase board at O-Scope, as evidenced by some photos that surfaced of said sessions. i personally think alot of those were simply working titles for songs we came to know under different names upon release of the record. but ya never know

Bradleystp 06-18-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother McDuff (Post 1822311)
i reckon fella is referring to the songs listed on the dry-erase board at O-Scope, as evidenced by some photos that surfaced of said sessions. i personally think alot of those were simply working titles for songs we came to know under different names upon release of the record. but ya never know

Ok, cool. Thank you!

dave790 06-19-2019 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother McDuff (Post 1822311)

Indeed! I was trying to find the original post / photo but to no avail. You could well be right. For whatever reason, when I saw extra rare tracks that is what came to mind. On reflection, Now Get Busy, Brrr Stick 薦m, And Then I, and This Government is a fair batch of non-album cuts from those sessions. I would be surprised if there were any / many more.