Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nerd Thread: Check Your Head Mispressings (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100654)

tuc70021 12-11-2019 11:24 PM

Nerd Thread: Check Your Head Mispressings

A little something for all the collecting nerds out there. I recently bought a mispressing of the UK 1st edition vinyl copy of Check Your Head. On the second disc, it has the labels for sides C and D, but the music for side C is pressed on both sides (so the correct side D music isn't there).

I went on to Discogs to check out the release page and noticed that some people report having copies of the very same UK pressing, but with the side C and D labels mixed up, yet all of the music is actually there.

So it looks like there might be at least two different mispressings of the UK release. It got me thinking that maybe there was some problem at the factory and that these might be more common that I thought. Anyone else have a funky UK version, or have you come across any other flavors of this mispressing in your journeys?

Uru-Nitro 12-14-2019 06:44 PM

Re: Nerd Thread: Check Your Head Mispressings

Not exactly related to this, but I always found strange that in the cover of the Root down EP it's printed THE Beastie Boys, and not just Beastie Boys. I recall Adrock pointing that they are called Beastie boys and not The Beastie boys in more than one occasion

dust monkey 12-18-2019 12:41 PM

dang read nerd and was hoping we could have a civil convo about rise of skywalker after we all see it...

stoffel79 01-11-2020 05:26 AM

i find it cool that the first pressings of CYH have the faxed over version of the photo on the cover, while the later versions have the original photo on it

tuc70021 01-11-2020 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoffel79 (Post 1822842)
i find it cool that the first pressings of CYH have the faxed over version of the photo on the cover, while the later versions have the original photo on it

Huh, I never noticed that. I only have 1st pressings and then the collector's edition box set, but the box set also looks like it was faxed over. So the 1998 and 2009 normal reissues have a clearer cover photo?

stoffel79 01-11-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuc70021 (Post 1822843)
Huh, I never noticed that. I only have 1st pressings and then the collector's edition box set, but the box set also looks like it was faxed over. So the 1998 and 2009 normal reissues have a clearer cover photo?

i think so, the cd cover i have also has the normal photo.
i never noticed it either until i read it in an Glen E. Friedman interview i think