Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Family Album (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=153)

NoFenders 10-17-2007 12:24 PM

Re: The Family Album

Quote:

Originally Posted by befsquire (Post 1523669)
why is there always so much arguing in the family album? are we really family?

I thought all families fought. At least that's what my therapist used to tell me.

:cool:

abcdefz 10-17-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by befsquire (Post 1523673)

edit: figured i'd add a photo of my ridiculously overpriced haircut and color. does it look like $310? cause that's what i fucking paid. and it's not like you can go "uh, i want to return it" once they tell you the price.

You paid $310 for a haircut?

You make entirely too much money.

Maybe ask about fees up front next time.

cookiepuss 10-17-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcdefz (Post 1523841)
You paid $310 for a haircut?

You make entirely too much money.

Maybe ask about fees up front next time.

yeah but, this is coming from the guy with no hair. ;):D:cool:

abcdefz 10-17-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiepuss (Post 1523846)
yeah but, this is coming from the guy with no hair. ;):D:cool:

...and, at least, a modicum of respect for money.

But yeah: consider the source. I still think it's nuts.

NoFenders 10-17-2007 01:04 PM

It wasn't just the cut that cost that money, it was the color too right???? Then the styling after the color and cut. Not to mention the tip, and then the pricey lunch that goes along with a good looking lady such as yourself. :)

Caribou 10-17-2007 02:43 PM

The most I ever paid for my hair was 110 euros/145 dollars. And that included dying it twice and styling. And I still thought it was rather expensive. But your hair looks great though. It's sexeh.

ot:

A friend just found some very charming Lowlands pics of me on the int0rwebz.
I now remember why I don't really like having my picture taken:

And I have no idea what I'm doing here:

Auton 10-17-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaZoRbLaDe KiSs (Post 1523644)
I dont care too much, excuse the hell outta me for wanting to stand up for myself when some damn noob gets all up in my face, callin me out and shit and THINKIN' they're gonna make me look like an ass when It's them that's the dumb shit. It doesnt work that way for me... sorry. (n)

hahaha damn

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs 10-17-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoFenders (Post 1523832)
LMAO Allllrighty then, to think I was actually going to help you find that shirt. :rolleyes:

There's something that doesnt quite let me believe you, but if you are serious thank you, I guess? I just do NOT like being called out.. especially when it's not done in good fashion..

RobMoney$ 10-17-2007 04:46 PM

I know girls who go to NYC and pay $300 just for a consult with a good stylist.

sercomdj01 10-17-2007 05:05 PM

why did my tshirt cause so much panic? meltdown is it!:eek:

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs 10-17-2007 05:40 PM

Haha what can I say? Iggy causes riots...

scotty 10-17-2007 07:04 PM

Hey, people. Its been a while as I've had no comp nor camera. So here's both in action. Actually they're webcam shots of me and Erin. She's 2 1/2 now and a flat out bruiser.

g-mile7 10-17-2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weez (Post 1522258)
me before the gala show in Toronto.

glorious

monkey 10-17-2007 09:51 PM

pardon the whoring, i just got a shiny new camera

he's cute! look at how cute he is! super cute.

Yetra Flam 10-17-2007 09:54 PM

Re: pardon the whoring, i just got a shiny new camera

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey (Post 1524027)

hey ;)

monkey 10-17-2007 10:10 PM

hi there ;)

saz 10-17-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

that's a great photo, the lighting is awesome.

mikizee 10-17-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Whoa.

Kid Presentable 10-17-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaZoRbLaDe KiSs (Post 1523953)
Haha what can I say? Iggy causes riots...

In his hometown of? lolol

russhie 10-18-2007 01:21 AM

hahahaha

ericlee 10-18-2007 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weez (Post 1522258)
me before the gala show in Toronto.

This is one helova cool guy. Hey, my boss tried to make me kick some skaters out that were skating outside of my building the other night. Instead, I just walked outside and talked to them all. Ended up skatin one of their boards and did a railslide off of one of the benches that's outside. Watched one of them slide the entire length of the handicap rail of the wheelchair ramp of the main entrance too.

I'm gonna have to get a board and skate my work area during my breaks. That whole damn place is some nice skatin grounds.

Dorothy Wood 10-18-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sercomdj01 (Post 1523945)
why did my tshirt cause so much panic? meltdown is it!:eek:

because it's stupid to pay that much for a t-shirt, especially a stooges one. and if you don't know why, then you can't be helped.

and it's ragSTOCK, razor. also the Alley and Ragstock are not downtown. they're right down the street from me at this very moment. I'm know I'm kind of being a bitch, but I'm just trying to help you. the Alley is pretty much a joke, everyone here knows that tourists and suburbanites...and I suppose goths and industrial dorks are the only ones who go there. (unless you're looking for halloween stuffs).

you just seem like a creative person and I've seen your different styles over the years and it's really just an obvious progression. I understand you can like those bands and be really into them...but diving so deep so fast into dressing "punk" basically makes you a poser...especially since like a year ago you were totally into ted nugent. I just think you should make your own way instead of buying stupid crap at hot topic.

ahhh, sorry, I'm just really touchy about this subject. punk is fascinating, it really is, when I was a kid in the 80's, my older step-sister was punk, she had pink hair and chucks, yadda yadda. I loved it. but you know, even after all the hot topics were built, it was still kinda fun...but now fucking burberry has studded belts and leather jackets, it's time to stop now.

you should just go ahead and start getting into hardcore. that's what comes next.

cosmo105 10-18-2007 11:00 AM

you do realize she's just a kid and that whole rant was pretty pointless, right?

Dorothy Wood 10-18-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo105 (Post 1524205)
you do realize she's just a kid and that whole rant was pretty pointless, right?

yeah. probably.

beastiegirrl101 10-18-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1524188)
and it's ragSTOCK, razor. also the Alley and Ragstock are not downtown. they're right down the street from me at this very moment. I'm know I'm kind of being a bitch, but I'm just trying to help you. the Alley is pretty much a joke, everyone here knows that tourists and suburbanites...and I suppose goths and industrial dorks are the only ones who go there. (unless you're looking for halloween stuffs)

Thanks for posting what I was thinking.

hpdrifter 10-18-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weez (Post 1523723)
oh snap. merci, little lady.

Well its been a long time since I had a board crush. So thank you! (y)

hpdrifter 10-18-2007 11:30 AM

Who cares where she wants to shop or how she wants to dress.

I think its great that she's exploring. How's she supposed to know what her style is without trying different things?

When I was her age I didn't have that self-awareness or adventurousness. I just wanted to look like everyone else. Sad but true.

NoFenders 10-18-2007 11:52 AM

Safety pins!!!!!

Lyman Zerga 10-18-2007 02:25 PM

most times i find it stupid when youre a "theme" dresser but probably cause im too old for that shit

Dorothy Wood 10-18-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyman Zerga (Post 1524307)
most times i find it stupid when youre a "theme" dresser but probably cause im too old for that shit

I suppose this is what I mean. and I guess I just feel sad that everything is manufactured for kids these days. I mean, not to sound like an old fogey, but when I was young, if we wanted cool stuff, we had to track it down, drive a billion miles to find a skate shop. buy thrift store t-shirts at the thrift store...not urban outfitters. and there were ravers and ugly rap/rock dressing people. everything was so stupid-looking, but at least it wasn't copying.

It's good that there's choice and accessibility these days, but it also means that things don't seem as special. it's like there's no more fun counterculture. everything is available and mainstream. and that's boring.