Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new 'tours' (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100509)

cj hood 11-07-2018 06:42 AM

new 'tours'

i don't think mike & adam should every perform again as the Beastie Boys, but i think they left the door open to release new (unreleased) music.....and with those releases maybe do an 'album tour' similar to the book tour....play some songs, talk about them, show some new pics & videos....

laura 11-07-2018 08:39 AM

Re: new 'tours'

Personally, I think there will not be a tour. Not saying we will not hear from them anymore (as single person or as a duo) but not as a band.
They said on a couple of interview about the book they have hours of recorded music.

I just wish to hear some new/old music as a vehicle of a message, their social engagement had a strong impact on the public opinion (and me).

Uru-Nitro 11-07-2018 12:08 PM

I don't see them performing standard shows as Beastie Boys. Mike has played beasties' songs and rapped his verses over them, but as an extra of a DJ set, not a proper band show.

I can see them doing small tours and appearances with the ocasion of new releases, but more like theatre or ted talks -ish than actual music performances.

and I see very possible, in some years, the release of new (old) material, probably in a genuine and creative way, as the beasties always do.

i.e. for the hundreds of hours of recordings of the G-Son studio, they could open those files for nice producers and/or bands to take samples, chop them, mix them and finally get new music powered by the beastie boys :D

dave790 11-07-2018 12:18 PM

Not for me. I think the book release and tour represents some real closure for Mike and Adam as well as the fans. Also, and this may seem sacrilege, but I’m not particularly fussed about unreleased 90s material. always felt CYH and IC (+ bsides) were the strongest representation of those years jamming at G-Son. I almost don’t want to know about the endless hours of jamming behind ithose albums, although I admit it holds some interest. People used to talk about the vault, especially in regards to HN, but I can’t help but the feel that the HN reissue bonus disc represents the sort of material excised. And, 95% of the time, it’s dispensable.

What I am far more interested in is the unreleased HSC material / part one (or the material originally slated for part two). These are fully formed tracks! And from something of a late golden era for the boys.

Brother McDuff 11-07-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave790 (Post 1821190)
Not for me. I think the book release and tour represents some real closure for Mike and Adam as well as the fans.

agreed. i wouldnt hold my breath for any sort of touring in the future. they arent the types to re-tread old ideas, and more talk-based engagements for a slew of material that they've already deemed unworthy for release to begin with seems like a hell of a stretch. and frankly a bit self-indulgent, which is also a characteristic not typically attributed to them.

i think performing music under the beastie brand is a complete wrap at this stage. i think we'd be more likely to see them undertake a duo project if anything, and that would assuredly be under a new banner altogether. im not counting on that scenario very much either though.

cj hood 11-07-2018 12:58 PM

play some songs....not perform them...

dust monkey 11-07-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj hood (Post 1821194)
play some songs....not perform them...

based on the book tour i can totally see this and it would smash. these guys very obviously love each other and doing this, and even without yauch from interview 1 on Strombo or whatever to what i witnessed monday night...they very quickly slipped right back into form over the past few months.

ClarenceAlabama 11-07-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

this may seem sacrilege, but I’m not particularly fussed about unreleased 90s material. always felt CYH and IC (+ bsides) were the strongest representation of those years jamming at G-Son. I almost don’t want to know about the endless hours of jamming behind ithose albums, although I admit it holds some interest. People used to talk about the vault, especially in regards to HN, but I can’t help but the feel that the HN reissue bonus disc represents the sort of material excised. And, 95% of the time, it’s dispensable.

What I am far more interested in is the unreleased HSC material / part one (or the material originally slated for part two). These are fully formed tracks! And from something of a late golden era for the boys.

I want to hear the unreleased track, "The Jerry Lewis". It was recorded during the Paul's Boutique years.

Anything recorded in the 80's, I want to hear.

Kid Presentable 11-07-2018 06:35 PM

I want to hear the HSC stuff, Yauch’s acoustic Big Fat Love cover and the live rave-olution remixes of the HN hip hop cuts. And Sabotage as a traditional rap song. Pretty much the companion piece to (and thus containing the rarities referenced therein) the book.

cj hood 11-08-2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarenceAlabama (Post 1821197)
I want to hear the unreleased track, "The Jerry Lewis". It was recorded during the Paul's Boutique years.

Anything recorded in the 80's, I want to hear.

Jerry Lewis lyrics were unearthed during the book show setups.

Kid Presentable 11-08-2018 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj hood (Post 1821202)
Jerry Lewis lyrics were unearthed during the book show setups.

What were they like?

I’d love it if MCA over Bonzo’s Montreaux was recorded.

Late-Night Lion 11-08-2018 08:06 AM

After the last couple months, seeing them do the press tour for the book, gearing up for the tour, and doing the tour, I could totally see them doing something more together. They have really been missed. Like others have said, maybe not under the Beastie Boys name, but as a duo.

Personally I'd be most hyped to hear stuff from the HSC sessions, and I think (hope) someday we will. And if they enjoy working together, which the book tour has shown us that they do, I think that they'll be creative together again, whatever that may mean. It could be music, shows, a play, more books, TV shows or movies...who knows.

Justin 11-08-2018 11:26 PM

I don’t care what they do but they definitely need to do something together. I could totally see them doing a talk show maybe on satellite radio.. They are very entertaining.

Just seeing them together, having fun and being themselves puts a huge smile on my face.

3stooges 11-23-2018 04:21 PM

They could possibly tour again with the other musicians they had in their band. They are musicians. It is what they do. They just wouldn't be able to do a lot of rhyming, unless it was just a couple select songs.

A lot of people have done things like this. It wouldn't really surprise me.

Bradleystp 11-23-2018 06:58 PM

I think there may be more unreleased nearly complete songs then they remember. Look at the 'Original Intergalactic' and 'This Government Needs a Tune-Up'. These just happened to leak. They completely forgot they recorded the Jerry Lewis song. I feel like there may be more stuff then they realize in the "vault".

I would love to hear about the Jerry Lewis lyrics too....

pesto pizza 11-24-2018 02:43 AM

Quote:

Not for me. I think the book release and tour represents some real closure for Mike and Adam as well as the fans. Also, and this may seem sacrilege, but I’m not particularly fussed about unreleased 90s material. always felt CYH and IC (+ bsides) were the strongest representation of those years jamming at G-Son. I almost don’t want to know about the endless hours of jamming behind ithose albums, although I admit it holds some interest. People used to talk about the vault, especially in regards to HN, but I can’t help but the feel that the HN reissue bonus disc represents the sort of material excised. And, 95% of the time, it’s dispensable.

I agree with all of that word for word