Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unknown Intergalactic Remix (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100389)

3MTA3 09-28-2017 12:57 PM

Unknown Intergalactic Remix

Well I've been a member/lurker here for several years, but have only posted a few times and not in forever. So I'm trying to identify this remix of Intergalactic that I've had for a long time and always liked. I think I got it during the days of Napster/LimeWire when I downloaded any Beastie Boys remix I could find. This one always stuck out because the chorus is done in a kind of whisper, which I always thought really sounded like possibly Adrock himself, maybe even the original vocal used for the vocoder (probably wishful thinking I know). I've tried Shazam-ing it with no luck. It either can't identify it or does so incorrectly. Anyway, if someone in the know wants to give it a listen and hopefully shed some light (or if you just want to hear it), let me know and I'll email it. I don't know how to host it or whatever, but someone else feel free to share it. I guess PM me your email or reply to this thread.

PS: Still waiting for an update on the memoirs...?

jayjacobson16 09-30-2017 05:35 AM

Re: Unknown Intergalactic Remix

http://www.beastiemixes.com/

I have no idea what you're talking about, but try this, if you haven't already.

bigfatlove06 09-30-2017 05:01 PM

If you'll send it to staff@beastiemania.com we'll try to help identify it.

3MTA3 09-30-2017 05:06 PM

jayjacobson16: I have several remixes from beastiemixes.com, but I don't think this one is from there. Again, I've had it for so long, so it is possible though, thanks.

bigfatlove06: Thanks! Sent.

Oh and if it turns out to be some well-known nothing special remix everyone already has/has heard, sorry for the time wasted.

bigfatlove06 10-01-2017 08:38 AM

I don't know how hard it is to find the track on the internet, but on vinyl, there is only 1 copy of 1 pressing with that remix that has ever surfaced, that we know of.

http://beastiemania.com/discog/show.php?r=int10acetate

3MTA3 10-01-2017 10:20 PM

Thank you so much for finding that for me! I guess it is pretty rare then, huh. Crazy. Like I said, I don't know exactly where or how I got it. So do you know if that is Adrock's voice doing the chorus without the vocoder effects then or...? Again, if anyone else wants to hear it, just PM me your email.

MrSmiley1 10-03-2017 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3MTA3 (Post 1819813)
Well I've been a member/lurker here for several years, but have only posted a few times and not in forever. So I'm trying to identify this remix of Intergalactic that I've had for a long time and always liked. I think I got it during the days of Napster/LimeWire when I downloaded any Beastie Boys remix I could find. This one always stuck out because the chorus is done in a kind of whisper, which I always thought really sounded like possibly Adrock himself, maybe even the original vocal used for the vocoder (probably wishful thinking I know). I've tried Shazam-ing it with no luck. It either can't identify it or does so incorrectly. Anyway, if someone in the know wants to give it a listen and hopefully shed some light (or if you just want to hear it), let me know and I'll email it. I don't know how to host it or whatever, but someone else feel free to share it. I guess PM me your email or reply to this thread.

PS: Still waiting for an update on the memoirs...?

By chance, does it have "Intergalactic" skipping so it sounds like "Inter-ter-galactic-tic-tic-tic" (or something like that)? I have this bizarre remix i found on Limewire about 15 years ago I have been trying to ID.

3MTA3 10-03-2017 12:13 PM

The skipping part you're referring to comes in about 0:35, right? If so, then yup, that's the one.

MrSmiley1 10-03-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3MTA3 (Post 1819833)
The skipping part you're referring to comes in about 0:35, right? If so, then yup, that's the one.

Holy crap. That's the one. I have been wondering who did it for a decade and a half! I always figured I would never find out who did as it was probably a non-professional type. Outside of the Fuzzy Logic remix, this is probably my favorite remix of Intergalactic.

Thanks for asking about this!

brooklyndust 10-06-2017 11:41 PM

Any chance you guys can share this remix?

3MTA3 10-07-2017 04:06 PM

Can someone I've sent it to host it please? I'll email it to anyone who PM's me their email in the meantime...

Micodin 10-08-2017 05:34 AM

I can throw it up on YouTube or something if someone sends me the song and track ID.

bigfatlove06 10-08-2017 02:51 PM

Micodin I've lost your email if I ever had it. Can you PM or send to beastiemania, please.

Micodin 10-09-2017 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 (Post 1819846)
Micodin I've lost your email if I ever had it. Can you PM or send to beastiemania, please.

Sent it via PM. (y)

Micodin 10-16-2017 07:45 AM

POSTED!!!

If anyone else has any rare cuts that they want me to post hit me up!

Sir SkratchaLot 10-16-2017 07:52 AM

Nice one. That should have made one of the singles.

3MTA3 10-16-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micodin (Post 1819864)
POSTED!!!

If anyone else has any rare cuts that they want me to post hit me up!

Thanks Micodin! And I'm glad everyone's been enjoying it!