Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Artist Interview: Adrock (Beastie Boys) Deleted Scenes (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=95275)

JoLovesMCA 09-15-2010 02:28 PM

Artist Interview: Adrock (Beastie Boys) Deleted Scenes

Not sure if you guys seen this but it was just uploaded on you-tube as deleted scenes from an Adam Horovitz interview. I could totally sit and listen to him go on and on and on about the loops and their old and new methods to putting music together. :o

We just couldn't let these stories hit the cutting room floor! Beastie Boys fans and music fans in general will enjoy these random anecdotes from hip-hop pioneer Adam "Adrock" Horovitz. Hear how Adam decided to buy his first drum machine, how he discovered LL Cool J, or his thoughts on the art of sampling existing records.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abIqkjmWW4s

acamus 09-15-2010 03:23 PM

Re: Artist Interview: Adrock (Beastie Boys) Deleted Scenes

you're the hardest worker on the boards, JoLovesMCA. good find. :)

Jay Stone 09-15-2010 04:20 PM

I, too, could watch hours of that kind of stuff. Funny that he mentions It's Yours but doesn't mention that he did the drum programming on that as well. I gues cuz people are more familiar wig LL than T.

JoLovesMCA 09-15-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acamus (Post 1742829)

Ahhh thanks! :p

The LL thing is cool, Horovitz is a musical genius.

Sir SkratchaLot 09-15-2010 04:31 PM

Nice one.

Laver1969 09-15-2010 05:11 PM

Excellent...what are these deleted from? And when was this shot?

Good stuff. Has anyone every seen any footage of the Rocky/USA skit they pulled? That would be hilarious to see.

acamus 09-15-2010 05:39 PM

there's a full-length (~ 5min.) ad for Reason. it's the first link on the right. i would link it up myself, but doing this by phone.

redandwhiterob 09-15-2010 06:13 PM

Love the talk about Paul Weller. Paul has been my musical idol for 20 years

Guy Incognito 09-15-2010 06:34 PM

both clips were top.

cj hood 09-15-2010 08:41 PM

KING!

JoLovesMCA 09-15-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laver1969 (Post 1742840)
Excellent...what are these deleted from? And when was this shot?

Good stuff. Has anyone every seen any footage of the Rocky/USA skit they pulled? That would be hilarious to see.

Here's the other one, forgot to include that earlier........PropellerheadSW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v04Eb...eature=related

silence7 09-16-2010 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acamus (Post 1742829)

Jo really is turning out to be a nice addition to the boards. (y)

I've now changed my mind, and am glad that I introduced her to the Beasties back in 86' when we were Jr high school sweethearts, she was naggy, and I had to leave her, but I'm glad she's doing well. ;)

Kid Presentable 09-16-2010 06:39 AM

Shot for linking these up. What's the beat in the background of the second (proper clip). Congas and Wah-wah have me hopeful it's off Tadlock's Glasses - is this interview that recent?

OK well looked on the website and it seems recent.

Guy Incognito 09-16-2010 08:43 AM

its the first time i have heard one of them speak in real detail about their production process now and in their past. Does anyone know of any other similar interviews with adrock or the others? I realise this was promotional for Reason but just wondered if anyone has links to anything where they talk about production a bit more

Jay Stone 09-16-2010 11:33 AM

They're so rarely serious in interviews unless it was about Tibet or Bush or whatnot. Usually they avoid the questions by giving goofy answers. Wish there was more of this...

acamus 09-16-2010 01:25 PM

yeah, loved the smart-ass answers over the years, but def glad they're bringing the sincerity. i like understanding their process and thoughts now while their career is still on, than retrospectively from my bed pan.

Laver1969 09-16-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Incognito (Post 1742877)
its the first time i have heard one of them speak in real detail about their production process now and in their past. Does anyone know of any other similar interviews with adrock or the others? I realise this was promotional for Reason but just wondered if anyone has links to anything where they talk about production a bit more

There's some good stuff in the '98 Beastieography that MTV did. They talk fairly seriously about their history and how they make music and stuff.

I've noticed that if someone can pin down just one of the guys for an interview its more likely to be more meaty and less bullshitty.

darius 09-16-2010 10:54 PM

That was awesome, I lost it when he said "you're welcome" Thanks for the links JoLovesMCA

JoLovesMCA 09-16-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence7 (Post 1742870)
Jo really is turning out to be a nice addition to the boards. (y)

I've now changed my mind, and am glad that I introduced her to the Beasties back in 86' when we were Jr high school sweethearts, she was naggy, and I had to leave her, but I'm glad she's doing well. ;)

LMAO you're too funny. I am glad there are interviews and stuff coming up to help tide us over during this news drought! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by darius (Post 1742931)
That was awesome, I lost it when he said "you're welcome" Thanks for the links JoLovesMCA

Your welcome. :)

You know I think the interviewer did a fab job and they probably came off as somebody that Adam was just cool to chat with. Or perhaps when you get the Beasties together it's when they lose themselves and can't stay serious so if you split the trio up then they won't be tempted to misbehave and so they have no choice but to be serious lol. Who knows. All I know is that I want more interviews like this. I love the way he described the old school method of them looping, and also how he walked into Yauch's apartment and seen all these contraptions he'd put together and was like what are you doing?????? I mean imagine the look on his face. Priceless!!!

laurie_hammy 09-17-2010 12:30 PM

That was good as, thanks heaps !

cAm 09-17-2010 12:55 PM

nice interview!

and i agree that reason IS the software of choice(y)

romanpetr 09-20-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Presentable (Post 1742874)
Shot for linking these up. What's the beat in the background of the second (proper clip). Congas and Wah-wah have me hopeful it's off Tadlock's Glasses - is this interview that recent?

OK well looked on the website and it seems recent.

Hey!
It seems like we all 've heard another hidden track from The Mix Up era.:eek:
http://www.mictomic.com/2010/09/maki...-horovitz.html
0:11-1:33......
We would like to get it clean version. Anybody have some ideas?

fonky pizza 09-24-2010 06:43 PM

it may be a demo song for Reason