Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I found the Too Many Rappers video! (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=99988)

laurie_hammy 01-12-2015 07:49 PM

Re: I found the Too Many Rappers video!

Amazing find. Cant believe how well that video is edited together soooo good this stuff has to be seen. Can't believe its been around since 09.

Burnout18 01-12-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernard Goetz (Post 1816267)
SHAZAM! video on that site, too. Never saw that before.
http://musicvideos.sweetcutz.com/video/48928744

(After searching the board now, I see this is not as rare as I thought)

Don't worry I was about to post the same thing. I've never seen that either.

pshabi 01-12-2015 10:01 PM

I see Jo's link got taken down, but I know porky has it so its ours forever! Two parts I just love.

1). When Yauch runs to the forefront to spit his first verse. Just rips my heart out but I love it.

2). Adrock pulling that Arby's out the dumpster!

pshabi 01-12-2015 10:11 PM

Wonder what the story is behind the "hi my name is Vic!" frame????

Kid Presentable 01-12-2015 10:31 PM

I see bitchfork blowing it up as the start of it being taken down...

tt5brevisited 01-13-2015 04:45 AM

WHAT?

super thanks.

shazam! is the dvd version though, right?

Jiberish 01-13-2015 09:32 AM

Nice! I loved all the new little touches to the same ol' same ol' (in a good way) Bboys video tropes. Seeing MCA behind the camera, Ad-Rock's Tar Tar Sauce... Mike with his statue. Nas looks like he is having the time of his life.

MrRits 01-13-2015 09:51 AM

Aww. was too late for this. Video seems to have been taken off everywhere..

Does anyone have (secret ... :) ) copy?

Thanks!!!!

Friis gal 01-13-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRits (Post 1816319)
Aww. was too late for this. Video seems to have been taken off everywhere..

Does anyone have (secret ... :) ) copy?

Thanks!!!!

Check out Ben's video here :) This clip seems to work.
It was at 138 views about 20 hours ago, 6.711 now :)

M|X|Y 01-13-2015 11:13 AM

i have a feeling that wasn't an official final version and he may not have had the official blessing to make it public. maybe it was just a spec version that he made for his reel, which people do... i hope we're not blowin up the spot for neil!

cj hood 01-13-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M|X|Y (Post 1816321)
i have a feeling that wasn't an official final version and he may not have had the official blessing to make it public. maybe it was just a spec version that he made for his reel, which people do... i hope we're not blowin up the spot for neil!

i'm thinkin just the opposite. Beastie camp said to put it out on the DL and let the fans find it. They've done that before...

M|X|Y 01-13-2015 11:22 AM

i hope so! if that's what they did I love it(y)

Praying Mantis 01-13-2015 01:28 PM

Great find. Thank's for sharing

JoLovesMCA 01-13-2015 03:18 PM

I have ripped it safely onto my computer so if anyone needs a copy sent to you let me know.

sharonm 01-13-2015 04:41 PM

So Awesome! Thanks for sharing! RIP MCA

Sergeant HCR 01-13-2015 04:44 PM

It's still on Daily Motion. I managed to save it using KeepVid.

Great find, something like this shouldn't be locked up somewhere.

pshabi 01-13-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj hood (Post 1816322)
i'm thinkin just the opposite. Beastie camp said to put it out on the DL and let the fans find it. They've done that before...

My thoughts too. Reminiscent of Mr. Poon.

pesto pizza 01-14-2015 01:18 AM

well that is one of their best videos ever!
And not just cos its new.I hope it is packaged on something official,one day.
That version is still the best and should of been on the album,really pisses me off that it was'nt.

b-grrrlie 01-14-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M|X|Y (Post 1816321)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj hood (Post 1816322)

It's like finding a CD in a rented car...

I bet they had it public until it was found, it was made unavailable in my country pretty quick. Luckily some people are clever to save it straight away! ;)

fonky pizza 01-14-2015 08:13 AM

I saw it on PORKYS channel! thanks for saving it!:cool:

Space 01-14-2015 08:52 PM

my favourite part is @1:19 when Yauch spins and has this BIG ASS SMILE!:D

Matchstikk 01-14-2015 09:13 PM

Our beloved Beastie Boys have released the official version on their YouTube channel. They are THE BEST. Much love again to Eoin for droppin' such superior knowledge on us all.

http://youtu.be/wArxEk0Rxhc

Michelle*s_Farm 01-15-2015 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matchstikk (Post 1816338)
Our beloved Beastie Boys have released the official version on their YouTube channel. They are THE BEST. Much love again to Eoin for droppin' such superior knowledge on us all.

http://youtu.be/wArxEk0Rxhc

They have and always will be awesome :)

Now I want them to have more views than Taylor Swift. Refresh your browsers everyone and use multiple IP addresses / computers ;)

gumkojima 01-15-2015 10:41 AM

Love that it looks like they were trying to create the illusion at the monument that there were no cameras but edited it so that you can see that that's what they were trying to do.

Kid Presentable 01-20-2015 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesto pizza (Post 1816330)
well that is one of their best videos ever!
And not just cos its new.I hope it is packaged on something official,one day.
That version is still the best and should of been on the album,really pisses me off that it was'nt.

If I preferred the og version I'd be pissed off, too. But how cool is it that there is a video and it's this good?!!?

Very classy of the Boys to upload it to their channel for reals too. It'd have to be hard for them, and I assume Mrs Yauch also had to give the ok so this is very cool fan service, pretty true to MCA's form.

I think the original makes heaps more sense with the video, and it's obviously sad that it never came out properly and all of the other horribleness that followed. What I also realised is that this video narrows the race between TMR and Get it Together, because each has what the other doesnt. Buzzy.

Brass Monk 01-20-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Presentable (Post 1816358)
What I also realised is that this video narrows the race between TMR and Get it Together, because each has what the other doesnt. Buzzy.

I am curious what you mean by this...

Kid Presentable 01-20-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brass Monk (Post 1816359)
I am curious what you mean by this...

My bad - wasn't clear: Get it Together has in-studio kicking it lulz vibe which accentuates the chemistry on the track but has no video; TMR has a video, which completely elevates the track and more than compensates for the lack of an organic in-studio recording session with Nas. Each has what the other doesnt: one has the guest in their lab while the other has the guest hanging out and getting in on the act in a pretty sweet film clip.

Brass Monk 01-20-2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Presentable (Post 1816361)
My bad - wasn't clear: Get it Together has in-studio kicking it lulz vibe which accentuates the chemistry on the track but has no video; TMR has a video, which completely elevates the track and more than compensates for the lack of an organic in-studio recording session with Nas. Each has what the other doesnt: one has the guest in their lab while the other has the guest hanging out and getting in on the act in a pretty sweet film clip.

Oh I see, yeah definitely .
I'm surprised get it together never had video

camo 01-21-2015 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Presentable (Post 1816361)

Good point. Although I'd like to mention that Get it Together does have a sweet Lollapalooza performance full of said chemistry and lulz. I like to think that its the unofficial video of sorts.

WesleyOHSnaps! 01-21-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camo (Post 1816363)
Good point. Although I'd like to mention that Get it Together does have a sweet Lollapalooza performance full of said chemistry and lulz. I like to think that its the unofficial video of sorts.

Do you have the link to this? Not sure if I've seen it and of course YouTube has the worse search ever