Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stupidest Beasties Lyric You Have Been Caught Saying (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=49201)

rlwelch 04-24-2005 04:19 PM

Stupidest Beasties Lyric You Have Been Caught Saying

Well, what is yours?

Mine was from 3 MCs and 1 DJ. My mom caught me listening to it when I belted out "WE BE GETTIN' STUPID IN YOUR AREA!!". I laughed so hard after.

pip07 04-24-2005 05:09 PM

Re: Stupidest Beasties Lyric You Have Been Caught Saying

"I don't buy cheeba, I grow it" as my mom walked by my room that I had been in for about 4 hours.

True story.

Uhleenuh 04-24-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip07
"I don't buy cheeba, I grow it" as my mom walked by my room that I had been in for about 4 hours.

True story.

What'd she do/say?
My parents would definitely get all crazy and paranoid.

SuckerMC 04-24-2005 09:04 PM

Haha, good thread... i went through a stage where whenever something strange happened, i just raised my eyebrows and simply said, "yo what the schnitzel??" :)

zorra_chiflada 04-24-2005 09:48 PM

"hey there, geoooorrrrrrgiiiiieee girrrrrrrrrl, you got yr shit togetha-georrrrgiiiie grrrrrrlll."

dancin2beasties 04-24-2005 10:14 PM

a week or two ago my parents were out and i was taking the opportunity to listen to my ipod and sing at the top of my lungs, but they came home and my mom came downstairs just in time to hear my lovely rendition of "stop that train". she was standing outside my door and i only noticed her when she started laughing when i sang "prostitutes spandex caught in the sliding door".

alexandra 04-25-2005 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorra_chiflada
"hey there, geoooorrrrrrgiiiiieee girrrrrrrrrl, you got yr shit togetha-georrrrgiiiie grrrrrrlll."

hahaha, i almost got dismissed during a math test singing that, really loud. i guess i was nervous.

Chicka B 04-25-2005 06:36 PM

Has anybody ever got caught dancing to a beastie boys song? Now that is embarrassing!! I got walked in on by my dad while I was jumping up and down shouting the Girls lyrics in front of the mirror, and my dad said, "What now, you're a Beastie Boys groupie?" :eek:

roni 04-25-2005 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandra
hahaha, i almost got dismissed during a math test singing that, really loud. i guess i was nervous.

:D how'd you do?

and i don't think i've been caught singing or dancing to beastie boy songs cept for at their concerts. so in that case, i've seen a lot of fools just like me singing and dancing :)

but, i would be really, really embarassed if anyone caught me doing three mcs and one dj cuz i think i'm so good when i do it :D that and i like to do poses with the intergalactic song. oh dear...

FAN of ADROCK 04-25-2005 07:19 PM

The line from Lookin Down the Barrel Of A gun:

A sucka free basin

(before I knew what it meant....whoops :rolleyes: )

paulb 04-26-2005 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAN of ADROCK
The line from Lookin Down the Barrel Of A gun:

A sucka free basin

(before I knew what it meant....whoops :rolleyes: )

whats it mean

Hector_Sancho 04-26-2005 07:18 PM

Quote:

^I say that to all my chick friends.(I just change Georgie Girl to their name)

And I usually follow that with, "You're on the one, the funky one"

DeLaO 04-26-2005 07:46 PM

Someone spiked my brass monkey with a bunch of 151 one time. I guess I was bustin every song on licensed to ill, but I don't remember a thing. Everyone there said they were impressed though.

Kid Presentable 04-26-2005 07:59 PM

"Mom said rock it to the break of dawn!" I say that to my ma all the time..

The Eric H Show 04-26-2005 09:17 PM

i love screaming "O my gosh its a mirage, im telling ya'll its SABATOGE!!!" :D

zorra_chiflada 04-26-2005 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hector_Sancho
^I say that to all my chick friends.(I just change Georgie Girl to their name)

And I usually follow that with, "You're on the one, the funky one"

zount always grabs me and says "KICK! POP! POW! boomin' system up top, in the back..."

n1keman 04-27-2005 12:49 AM

Quote:

One that you really have to sing at the top of your voice...... :D

Humiliation 04-27-2005 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb
whats it mean

unless you're kidding...

It is a way of taking cocaine. I think you put it in foil, heat it up and snort the fumes. Some random told me if i was to take cocaine do that instead of lines cause you can die first shot from a line.

BTW i don't take cocaine or any drugs

Car Thief 04-27-2005 08:32 AM

Rhyme The Rhyme Well:

Hey could you please/pass me the peas?

Thundercracker 04-27-2005 11:14 AM

"what the falafel?!"

i said that to a falafel seller at "Falafel Mevorach" last week...

Lex Diamonds 04-27-2005 11:41 AM

!

free basing = smoking crack

CHiMmY BeAStIe! 04-27-2005 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip07
True story.

Hahaah that great timing
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Presentable
"Mom said rock it to the break of dawn!" I say that to my ma all the time..

Hahhahha, if i got along with my mom id do that too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Eric H Show
i love screaming "O my gosh its a mirage, im telling ya'll its SABATOGE!!!" :D

hahah i do to, i often get up and airguitar rock out and jump around when i listen to that and heart attack man, not to many other songs though, not even rock and hardcore bands
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundercracker
"what the falafel?!"
i said that to a falafel seller at "Falafel Mevorach" last week...

hahah what did he do, did he get it.

sometimes if i hear a word or frase or something that remins me of a lyric ill sing it, most people dont get ithe refereance. and everytime i hear the word sababtoge i think of the song it starts playng in my head, even in like movies and stuff if somone says it whatever song is played during or after that i replace with sabotage in my mind, same with watergate too usually, like the time on futurama when they went to sneak in the Watergate Hotel, does that happen to any one else, im sure its common with beastie fans, whenever i see "ill" i thin of them too.

freetibet 04-27-2005 03:54 PM

One day I kept saying "Put that shit back on the shelf" to my sister; all the time. I believe that's a line from Ch-Ch (MCA).

Life would be so much easier if English was my first language;) I would get a lot more satisfaction from music/BB and be able to participate in this thread more.. Bla bla

Jennie 04-27-2005 05:17 PM

When I was about 14, Ill Communication first came out and I begged my parents to get it for me for Christmas. My mum bought it but told me that my aunt had told her not to because the Beastie Boys were sexist and rude. (I showed my mum the verse in Sure Shot where MCA says : "I want to say a little something that's long overdue..." and she was OK with them after that)

Well I was laying on the floor in my living room with my mum on the couch listening to Get It Together on my discman, which was my favorite song and singing along. Now, back then, at that age, I would never be caught swearing in front of my parents. Well, I wasn't really paying attention and belted out "Never ever ever smoking crack, never ever ever fucking wack, I eat the fucking pineapple now & laters, listen to me now, don't listen to me later, fuck it cause i know I didn't make it fucking rhyme for real."
I realized it as soon as it came out...

She gave me the look (you know, the one all mothers seem to have). Boy, was that hard to explain after trying to make them seem like good little boys.
;)

MC Moot 04-28-2005 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlwelch
Well, what is yours?

Mine was from 3 MCs and 1 DJ. My mom caught me listening to it when I belted out "WE BE GETTIN' STUPID IN YOUR AREA!!". I laughed so hard after.

Whenever ANYONE asks me "what time is it?" I automatically,without resrvation say "time to get ill" and if they're down with the sound I add "Mike get on the Mic and bust your fuckn skills".....this works with those of a like mind but I've gotten the weirdest/disaproving/questioning looks around the office....especially with older co-workers.... :D

bgirl77 04-28-2005 07:21 PM

yeeeeeah, you can't front on that...

Friis gal 04-29-2005 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freetibet

Life would be so much easier if English was my first language;) I would get a lot more satisfaction from music/BB and be able to participate in this thread more.. Bla bla

Me to!

When i say a beastie line in school, every body just loks at me and say "beastie boys?", and looks strange at me.
But the worst is when I sing Boomin' Granny very loudly :p

BeastieRunner 04-29-2005 02:39 PM

I was humming "boomin' granny" in a store and got to the "you dropped your coupons and were lookin' fine" part. I then said out loud in front of my girlfriend that line, sort of low, when this lady was bending over to pick up her screaming kid.

I now have a new girlfriend.

bobnope 04-30-2005 02:51 AM

I've got an embarrasing one! Probably 10 years ago I was camping with some friends and a few of us went roaming around the site after dark. We ran into some dudes who were obviosly looking for a fight. They duped us into their little plan by asking for a light. Being a generally nice and naive guy I stopped and gave them some matches. Within a few minutes of pointless chit chat I could feel a little tension brewing! Then the "leader" of their posse starting egging us on by claiming we weren't being "cool" with "them", like we were somehow trying to instigate something which totally wasn't the case! I rebutted "I'm as cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce!", to which I promptly got smashed in the right eye with a beer bottle! A few more words were exchanged as I snuck away to the hospital for my many stiches. Anyways that's the line I regret most!

The Eric H Show 04-30-2005 03:12 AM

hahah i do to, i often get up and airguitar rock out and jump around when i listen to that and heart attack man, not to many other songs though, not even rock and hardcore bands

yep i do the air guitar thing also. and i like rock out. people give me wierd looks, but who cares.