Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Family Album (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=153)

beastiegirrl101 03-17-2009 05:12 PM

Re: The Family Album

Everyone is Irish on St. Paddy's. I am FAR from Irish, but I still celebrate-ish.

Checkurprezzzzzzz- if you're Italian don't forget Thursday is St. Joseph's day!

checkyourprez 03-17-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastiegirrl101 (Post 1655412)
Everyone is Irish on St. Paddy's. I am FAR from Irish, but I still celebrate-ish.

whooot woooo st.joe in the hizzouse.

but what does one do for st.joseph's day?

Planetary 03-17-2009 07:17 PM

I'm gonna go out and get really battered on Bombardier this St. George's day (y)

Echewta 03-17-2009 10:06 PM

LOL youareapeeners who think that Americans celebrate St. Paddy's Day as if it were a true blue Irish holiday to be Irish proud.

Bob 03-17-2009 10:37 PM

we kind of do over here, actually

checkyourprez 03-17-2009 10:47 PM

very few if any american holidays are truly celebrated by americans as they should be, imo.

a majority are celebrated by the majority as an excuse to excessively eat and drink.

camo 03-18-2009 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planetary (Post 1655426)
I'm gonna go out and get really battered on Bombardier this St. George's day (y)

Had a couple of bottles of that last night just to be an awkward cunt (y)

Praying Mantis 03-18-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastiegirrl101 (Post 1655412)

IM italian....St. Josephs Day is awesome. St. Josephs cakes are even better. I can't fake being Irish!!!!! Anyone want a St. Josephs cake...

AceFace 03-18-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freebasser (Post 1655385)
Also, lolz at United Statesians desperately clinging on to some sort of notion that despite the fact that their last ancestors travelled over from Europe 100 years ago, that deep down they are in fact 50% Irish.

i explained this to an english friend of mine once...

we Americans cling to our family heritage b/c we're displaced. we're not from here, unless we're native americans. we have this need to belong to somewhere else... at least i do. we have a need to know our heritage and where our family is truly from. i don't think the english or other europeans or whoever really understand that need b/c you know who your anscesors are. your mom is english and your dad is english. not in every case, of course, but mostly.

i know i'm mostly english/irish from my father and scottish from my mother with about 5 other things mixed in there.

camo 03-18-2009 10:10 AM

Yeah but it's strange to us English folk (hardly any national pride) that you guys (shit loads of it) hold onto your tentative foreign heritage.

I mean look at the aussies, they're basically all from English origin but you try and find one who celebrates St Georges day. In fact that's pretty English in itself!

AceFace 03-18-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camo (Post 1655506)
Yeah but it's strange to us English folk (hardly any national pride) that you guys (shit loads of it) hold onto your tentative foreign heritage.

I mean look at the aussies, they're basically all from English origin but you try and find one who celebrates St Georges day. In fact that's pretty English in itself!

i can see how that seems strange, but that's def the way it is. hell i know an african american dude that's so proud of his very small ammount of irish heritage that he actually tells people he's irish decent. you should see the look on people's faces when he says that! haha.

camo 03-18-2009 10:34 AM

You do know that there are black people from all over the world.

Echewta 03-18-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by checkyourprez (Post 1655462)

a majority are celebrated by the majority as an excuse to excessively eat and drink.

We call that the weekend.

AceFace 03-18-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camo (Post 1655515)
You do know that there are black people from all over the world.

yes yes yes, i do know that. i'm not an idiot. but it's obvious his ancestors were from Africa mostly. that's all i was saying. i don't doubt at all that he has some Irish ancestry. it just throws people off at first.

don't make me look like a jerk! i'm not a jerk!

Nuzzolese 03-18-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceFace (Post 1655568)
yes yes yes, i do know that. i'm not an idiot. but it's obvious his ancestors were from Africa mostly. that's all i was saying. i don't doubt at all that he has some Irish ancestry. it just throws people off at first.

don't make me look like a jerk! i'm not a jerk!

Jerk!

AceFace 03-18-2009 12:51 PM

Dr. Jerkberg!

funk63 03-18-2009 01:07 PM

I'm American Indian. Everyone gee tee fuck out of my country. No, but really it annoys me when people who are like my great grandfather was half indian. They do it to sound more exotic and stuff but real indians are a rare breed, because most of them mixed and assimilated with the english way back, except for the ones on reservations or the ones who live in small ass towns. So I dont see the point. I'm half indian but I can pass as white, or mexican, when I have a tan.The reason people are allowed to have irish pride or black pride is because they didnt colonize people and stuff. So its like the more innocent your ancestors the more pride you can have? Idk.. I think having pride in something you have no control over is retarded.

jennyb 03-18-2009 01:28 PM

The BBMB Luvvvve Connection!

...and neither of us are Irish nor did we celebrate yesterday ... (just tryin to roll with the convo ;) )

Lex Diamonds 03-18-2009 01:52 PM

Seeing as I actually am St. Paddy I drank about 10 rounds of a pint of Guinness, a triple Bailey's and a whiskey each time. Then I ran out of money and drank a crate of Grolsch at some flat.

My stomach feels like a warzone today.

na§tee 03-18-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camo (Post 1655506)
k at the aussies, they're basically all from English origin but you try and find one who celebrates St Georges day. In fact that's pretty English in itself!

i don't know a single english person who celebrates st georges day. it has bad, you know, NATIONAL FRONT connotations.

australians are a curious case, but i'm drinking beer at my desk surrounded by proofs and my eyes are bleeding looking at indesign all day, so i'm not gonna get in to it.

paddy i thought you didn't have any money? how'd you manage that? GUINNESS! i had some yesterday.. served to me by an australian, curiously enough. me: "how'd YOU get here?" him: "aeroplane"

b i o n i c 03-18-2009 02:12 PM

did you know that ireland was populated by the galecians in spain (galicia) ? they were celtic tribes, look it up. most people would laugh that off, but its true. a lot of irish people might be irked at the thought of being part mexican

paul jones 03-18-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennygirl (Post 1655586)
The BBMB Luvvvve Connection!

...and neither of us are Irish nor did we celebrate yesterday ... (just tryin to roll with the convo ;) )

I bet you drank some coffee and posed for pictures though(y)

jennyb 03-18-2009 04:26 PM

you know it!

Nuzzolese 03-18-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b i o n i c (Post 1655601)
did you know that ireland was populated by the galecians in spain (galicia) ? they were celtic tribes, look it up. most people would laugh that off, but its true. a lot of irish people might be irked at the thought of being part mexican

Spanish aren't Mexican, though, and if the Galecians were celtic then they weren't hispanican. So how are they part Mexican? If anything, you could say the Mexicans are part Irish.

checkyourprez 03-18-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by checkyourprez (Post 1655462)
very few if any american holidays are truly celebrated by americans as they should be, imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echewta (Post 1655517)
We call that the weekend.

pfff, if we want to take it that rout it used to be Wednesday-Sunday (and if it was football season mondays as well) for me in college.

but you know damn well what im talking about echewta sir.

b i o n i c 03-18-2009 05:03 PM

itralians, mexicans, greeks - its all the same! (i was kidding)

here: "irish times" and "the irish are not celts but galicians". i always wondered where the blonde ones came from, part of my family's ancestry is galician

the term "hispanic" is bullshit

ericlee 03-18-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurdBerglar
SHUT THE FUCK UP!

EVERYONE!!!!

b i o n i c 03-18-2009 05:21 PM

see?

ericlee 03-18-2009 05:29 PM

Si.

Nuzzolese 03-18-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b i o n i c (Post 1655678)
itralians, mexicans, greeks - its all the same!

they're all just jews without money