Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Remixes (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Remix Contest (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=66764)

silence7 05-31-2006 10:24 PM

Remix Contest

Beastiemixes.com is hosting a remix contest.

Prizes for First, Second, and Third place, (I know the 3rd place prize is kinda weak)

First prize is however an iPod Shuffle.

This ain't gonna be no easy slap it together affair. The song you are mixing is a rough one to say the least. This is a test of your skills, creativity, and probably your patience.

Please read the instructions, follow the rules and play nice.

But most of all HAVE FUN!!!

Head on over to Beastiemixes.com and check the Remix Contest page for details.

Silence7 AKA BeastieMixes.com Grunt

Next of Kin 06-01-2006 05:34 PM

Re: Remix Contest

Joddely johoo thats gonna be a hard one, but proberbly fun....
Just one question....
How can any one with a soul come, up with this idea.....?

Well i guess im gonna give it a try if i find the time....

joddely jooohuuuuu

silence7 06-01-2006 07:04 PM

I'm sorry guys ;)

For anyone who is, or who is thinking about working on this, I have found a second copy of the same song, sung by the same lady but I think the quality is a little better. I will be posting up that copy as well when I get home. So check back at the site later to download.

If you have a song, if no one else can remix it, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the Beastie-Team.

Silence7

Uru-Nitro 06-02-2006 03:44 PM

i'm on it

Joakizmo 06-05-2006 04:36 AM

/bump so am i

Dappa Don 06-07-2006 12:26 AM

I'm in as well,it'll be a piece of cake already workin on the 1st version got ideas for at least 2 more,but when i heard it i laughed my ass off!!!!!

silence7 06-07-2006 01:58 AM

Glad to hear you guys are In it to Win it....

I've heard from a few others who are taking a shot also.

Have fun guys,

Silence7

silence7 06-09-2006 01:14 AM

Either you guys are working hard on your entries, or this song has got a bunch of you stumped.

I'm already thinking up ideas for the next contest.. You guys are going to hate me :p

silence7 (Rooster Lover)

silence7 06-13-2006 10:16 PM

SIX Remix Contest entries have been posted for download. More will be posted as they come in.

Remix Contest Page

Good Luck!

Silence7

Uru-Nitro 06-14-2006 05:07 AM

I'm arriving dudes, stay on the look:eek:

Next of Kin 06-14-2006 03:00 PM

Damn i havent even started yet .....damn.....I guess its gonna be monday morning or so.....or maybe next time......

silence7 06-19-2006 09:30 PM

Re: Remix Contest ONE DAY LEFT

One Day Left for the remix contest!
CONTEST WILL END at MIDNIGHT (Pacific Daylight Time) on the night of 6-20-06

We've got a new entry today from NEXT

See the contest page for downloads

Good Luck Guys.

Silence7

DeeJayZap 06-20-2006 07:49 AM

is there gonna be a poll to vote for the winner?

Joakizmo 06-20-2006 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastiemixes.com/contest.htm
After investigating many options for the judging, the only one that I've found that is totally hack-proof is to NOT do online voting, Yes I know about the online poll places, and I know about installing polls on the site, I know they say that people will only be able to vote once, they screen by I.P. and use Cookies etc etc... All of these can be easily hacked. I'm not saying I don't trust you guys, but come on, it's a free iPod.

I've decided to take the voting OFFLINE, I have a few friends who are more than happy to be judges, they are not in the scene, and they don't know any of you. Their vote will be final, I will NOT be involved in the judging, just burning off the cd's, handing them the disks and then back to the grunt work around here..

(No)

silence7 06-21-2006 03:17 AM

Contest is now closed

First I would like to say THANKS to all who entered, you guys all did an amazing job with a song that a few people around me thought couldn't be remixed. I almost didn't believe it could, you all proved me wrong. Awesome Job!!!

I will be handing out the CD's tomorrow to SIX of my friends who will be rating the mixes on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being best. Their vote will be final and I will post the full results as soon as I get them back.

They will be judging on what they like, the best mix using the supplied song
"I love my little rooster" and who followed the contest rules. (you all passed the rules part, with only 2 rules it wasn't that hard ;) )

==========================================
Remix THIS SONG with any Beastie Boys song, please try and include as much of the song I provided as you can. All remixes must have the following naming structure: Original Beasties Song Name_Remix Name_DJName.mp3
==========================================

If you are a winner I will be contacting you for a mailing address.

GOOD LUCK to all of you!

Silence7

Joakizmo 06-24-2006 05:55 AM

Sooo.. when will the winners be announced?

Nygel 06-24-2006 10:08 PM

30th

silence7 06-25-2006 01:09 AM

Hopefully before the 30th. Most of the judges will be doing so this weekend while they have some time off to concentrate on the very difficult task.

Silence7

Nygel 06-29-2006 09:46 PM

...tick....tock.....tick

silence7 06-29-2006 11:32 PM

What? You think I forgot???

Nygel 06-30-2006 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nygel
...tick....tock.....tick

tock....tick....tock

DeeJayZap 06-30-2006 03:19 PM

tick...tock...tick

Joakizmo 06-30-2006 05:18 PM

ticktock
in norway its 00:57, 1. july.

silence7 06-30-2006 08:08 PM

I'm sorry, it's only 6:44pm on the 30th here. I'm about 15 minutes away from leaving work. I will be home in 20mins.

and 20 minutes after that I should have the results posted.

WE HAVE WINNERS...!!

S7

silence7 06-30-2006 08:52 PM

*****WINNERS*****

1st Place NEXT
2nd Place Joakizmo
3rd Place nYgel

I will be sending out e-mails with instructions to all the winners.

Please see the site for more detailed information.

Thanks again,

Silence7

Joakizmo 06-30-2006 09:05 PM

Congratulations Next and Nygel!
Well that was fun..

Nygel 06-30-2006 09:07 PM

whoa..... 2 points seperated 2nd and 4th.... from the looks of it Bobo didn't really like anything... Phosphoros got screwed in my opinion too, but hell, I got 3rd, cool enough.....

p.s. I beat out Uru-Nitro... thats like 1st to me... Uru... you're the reason I started remixing
congrats to Next, Joakizmo, and all the other contestants as well... fun mixing...

silence7 06-30-2006 09:21 PM

You guys were truely awesome, I don't envy my friends at all for having me harassing them for their papers. Believe me, there's a reason that I didn't want my vote in there, I actually sat down and thought about what scores I would give everybody and it was hard.

I received the last three papers towards the end of the day today and was sitting in Excel putting in the scores when I decided to check the page and saw that you guys were on my ass.

Bobo, yeah, after all the papers were in, we all kinda looked at his scores and said "Whoa!!!" but it was his choice.

Winners, Check your E-Mails

and THANKS AGAIN, it was MUCH FUN!!!

Silence7

Joakizmo 06-30-2006 09:29 PM

maybe next time, the judges get a set of points..
like 12 points, 10 points, 8 points, 5 points and 3 points for example..
and must give these points out. instead of choosing 1 to 10 for each song.
it would be like melody grand prix.

silence7 06-30-2006 09:41 PM

I had a couple judges who wanted a 1-4 scale, but others argued for the 1-10 scale. I pretty much let them come to an agreement on how they wanted to do it.

I'll be on the lookout for some sort of SureFire way to maybe let you guys vote next time. I just don't know what method I would use that would be totally foolproof.

Example,

This person is an OK remixer and has like 10,000 friends, so he mass e-mails all of them to vote for him. Gets 10,000 votes

This person, is a Brilliant remixer, has a few friends, and e-mails them to vote for him. Gets 50 votes.

Brilliant remixer loses, just because he doesn't know 10,000 people.

Doesn't seem fair in my book. That's why I took the vote offline. Had friends who I knew would be objective and honest, and most importantly didn't know any of you. :p

Silence7