Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Remixes (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Beastiemixes Contest No. 4 (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=92329)

silence7 08-11-2009 07:03 AM

Beastiemixes Contest No. 4

Block Rockin' Beasties Remix Contest

Beastie Boys -vs- The Chemical Brothers

See the page for more information.
http://beastiemixes.com/chemical.php

Silence7

faz 08-11-2009 08:12 AM

Re: Beastiemixes Contest No. 4

I'mma try do this tonight (y)

Joakizmo 08-11-2009 10:53 AM

I'm in aswell. Long time no see.

faz 08-11-2009 12:08 PM

Heh, sent mine off already. I guess I just couldn't wait.

bobster 08-11-2009 12:52 PM

fun little competition, im in!:D

silence7 08-12-2009 01:42 AM

Five entries on the first day, :eek: Hellz Yeah! I think this one's going to turn out quite nice.. (y)

Guy Incognito 08-12-2009 03:08 AM

Bloody hell, my two favourite bands.(y)(y) I'm sure i can rustle up at least one mix. There's already one on my page but thats a bit poo. let me have a think about it and see what i can do

Rodie 08-12-2009 04:03 AM

Man for a while I thought it'd be neat to do the whole TT5B album with Chemical Brothers tracks so I had ideas a brewin' for awhile. My first one's in (Rhyme The Rhyme Well vs. The Boxer) but my next one will be a little different... Great contest, haven't had a chance to listen to the submissions but looking forward to them.

faz 08-12-2009 08:30 AM

Lots of good entries so far (y)

PWN productions 08-13-2009 05:30 PM

You know i'm always down for a nice lil' contest :cool: Working on it right now (y)

peace mc JymE, PWN productions

silence7 08-14-2009 02:46 AM

It's nice to see all of you old retired guys coming out and giving this a shot. :p

Nice to see you again Joakizmo, I've missed you being around, Hippo, PWN, and Incognito, you guys haven't been gone as long, but I miss you guys as well....

Good luck everyone!!

S7

Guy Incognito 08-14-2009 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence7 (Post 1689674)
It's nice to see all of you old retired guys coming out and giving this a shot. :p

Nice to see you again Joakizmo, I've missed you being around, Hippo, PWN, and Incognito, you guys haven't been gone as long, but I miss you guys as well....

Good luck everyone!!

S7

altough i dont find a lot of time to make mixes, not a day goes by without me visiting beastiemixes and listening to new stuff.
Seriously Silence from when you started this and collecting the mixes to what we have now is a truly brilliant thing you have done(y)

this competition has really excited me into doing something again as its two bands i really love and i have shitloads of chemicals stuff but the problem now is that i have too much to choose from , not sure what i am going to use yet and i can only submit two! Mind you it'll probably take a month for me to do one:o

PWN productions 08-15-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence7 (Post 1689674)

Good luck everyone!!

S7

"Manhug" for you Silence :p Nice to be back (y)

silence7 08-16-2009 05:09 AM

7x5 showed up today! I'm waiting for Cosmo, Bass, Chro', Damon, Zap, nYgel, Des', Tombo, Melle, Dynamixx, Fatty, GSpike, Lando, Etc Etc Etc Etc.....

silence7 08-18-2009 02:57 AM

Added a couple prizes to the competition...

S7

silence7 08-25-2009 04:53 AM

FINAL PRIZE LIST

(1) Beastie Boys Rolling Stone T-Shirt Size LARGE
(1) Stylophone - Pocket Electronic Organ
(1) Korg DS-10 Synthesizer for the Nintendo DS
(1) 33 1/3 Paul's Boutique Book, By Dan LeRoy
(1) Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique CD (Remastered Version)
(1) Beastie Boys - Check Your Head CD (Remastered Version)
(1) Beastie Boys - Ill CommunicationCD (Remastered Version)

DEADLINE: September 17th 2009 11:59 PM (GMT -08:00) Pacific Time

Rodie 08-25-2009 03:56 PM

Sweet prizes but the contest itself is reward enough! Still, been wanting to try out that DS synth, looks keen.

faz 08-25-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence7 (Post 1692444)
FINAL PRIZE LIST

(1) Beastie Boys Rolling Stone T-Shirt Size LARGE
(1) Stylophone - Pocket Electronic Organ
(1) Korg DS-10 Synthesizer for the Nintendo DS
(1) 33 1/3 Paul's Boutique Book, By Dan LeRoy
(1) Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique CD (Remastered Version)
(1) Beastie Boys - Check Your Head CD (Remastered Version)
(1) Beastie Boys - Ill CommunicationCD (Remastered Version)

DEADLINE: September 17th 2009 11:59 PM (GMT -08:00) Pacific Time

wowzer

silence7 08-26-2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Sweet prizes but the contest itself is reward enough! Still, been wanting to try out that DS synth, looks keen.
I've been playing with the Korg DS-10 for about a year now, I suck at making music (Go Figure) but it's fun kickin' it on the couch making beats and semi descent sounding tunes.

Just think, if you win you'll be able to play:
"The Hamster Dance" with DS-10 and Stylophone ;)

Guy Incognito 08-31-2009 10:23 AM

i may be panickin but is there a limit on total entries. i have decided to take my time on one entry but considering we have nearly 30 now i was a bit worried you would stop taking entries if there was a deluge of entries.

silence7 09-01-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Incognito (Post 1693702)
i may be panickin but is there a limit on total entries. i have decided to take my time on one entry but considering we have nearly 30 now i was a bit worried you would stop taking entries if there was a deluge of entries.

Quote:

Maximum Submissions: TWO (Once I have your track(s) I will not remove, re-upload or change them. Make sure they are DONE when you send them)
S7

Guy Incognito 09-02-2009 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence7 (Post 1694183)
S7

no i meant if you get upto 40 for example, have you put a limit on the amount of total entries you can hold or will it just mean everyone will have to listen to a lot of mixes come judging time. :)

silence7 09-02-2009 05:48 PM

No total limit....

Judging by some of the past contests, it's really hard to guess how many entries we're going to get for a contest.

Although I usually try to give you guys real hard contests, I think this one should be fairly straight forward. And fun I hope. And that's why I think it's received this many entries so far. I'm hoping for another 10 or so before the end. I know of a few people who've said they were going to enter, but haven't yet.

Guy Incognito 09-03-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence7 (Post 1694403)
No total limit....

Judging by some of the past contests, it's really hard to guess how many entries we're going to get for a contest.

Although I usually try to give you guys real hard contests, I think this one should be fairly straight forward. And fun I hope. And that's why I think it's received this many entries so far. I'm hoping for another 10 or so before the end. I know of a few people who've said they were going to enter, but haven't yet.

(y) nearly done mine

silence7 09-04-2009 01:44 AM

28 entries so far, some guys coming out of semi-retirement to support the contest, Nice...... Sept. 17 deadline, I'm hoping for at least 10 or 15 more entries.

Scot Free 09-08-2009 12:04 PM

S7,
Here's one for ya contest.
Thanks.
http://members.cox.net/aaron_p/BFAP%203.mp3

silence7 09-10-2009 03:03 AM

7-Days Left

Voting: will begin on September 18th 2009

silence7 09-18-2009 05:36 AM

Voting has now begun. If for some reason you haven't received your voting e-mail, please e-mail me from the same account you used to submit your mixes, and I will re-send the voting e-mail to you.

I want to thank all of you guys who participated. We had a good turn out this time, 44 entries! Some good, some bad, some amazing. I do not envy your position having to choose a winner.

Thanks again,

Silence7

Rodie 09-20-2009 07:29 PM

Just thought I'd throw this out there for those that didn't know. The Chemical Brothers originally used the name "The Dust Brothers" when they first began producing and mixing. They had decided to make this their name after the producers of their favorite album "Paul's Boutique." Of course they had to change it when they actually started to become famous, but still a cool story IMO.

Guy Incognito 09-21-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodie (Post 1698258)
Just thought I'd throw this out there for those that didn't know. The Chemical Brothers originally used the name "The Dust Brothers" when they first began producing and mixing. They had decided to make this their name after the producers of their favorite album "Paul's Boutique." Of course they had to change it when they actually started to become famous, but still a cool story IMO.

yeah, it was all amicable when they had to change thier name, they ended up remixing each others stuff. there is a dust brothers remix of elektrobank knocking about which is good. I have it if anyone is interested, i'll put it up on the net. they didnt have long to change the name cos the first album was due out so they took it from their favourite track, chemical beats and changed the name of the first album to exit planet dust just before the cover went to the printers apparently