Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie-Free General Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100603)

Dorothy Wood 05-25-2019 02:54 PM

I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
I got my dream job almost exactly a year ago. And itís become a nightmare. I was really proud and on my way to financial security, but I may have to quit for my mental health. The technical, intellectual, and physical aspects are challenging and I am performing at a high level...but a lot of people donít like my personality because I donít talk enough, Iím not outgoing, but Iíve offended people by asserting my opinion on how standards should be raised. I hired 3 people in the last year and they are high performers and nice people who respect me. Many people outside my department who have the ear of the ceo are talking shit about me and are trying to gaslight me into thinking I suck and itís kinda ruining my life. I donít really know what to do about it. I have such bad social anxiety, I try to talk and stick up for myself and end up having a mini panic attack and crying. Which is interpreted as me not having my shit together.

Also, someone was shot behind my house the other day by a group of teens who got away, then a day later I was driving home from work rounded a corner and heard gunshots. I missed being in the middle of a gun fight by about 2 minutes. I was more calm and measured during all that than at work when I got an email from someone that questioned how I was spending my time.

Anyway thanks for listening old message board. Iíll be 40 in July, fuck.

NicRN77 05-26-2019 06:29 PM

Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
So sorry youíve been having a rough go lately. These boards used to be a great site to vent and get advice. Sending hugs.

Dorothy Wood 05-29-2019 10:42 AM

Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NicRN77 (Post 1822214)
So sorry youíve been having a rough go lately. These boards used to be a great site to vent and get advice. Sending hugs.

Thanks, appreciate the response. :o Since posting this, I found out a lot more about whatís behind all the drama, and I understand a lot more about everyoneís behavior now. Resolved some conflicts, but basically coming to terms with the fact I should probably move on to a healthier environment because the drama is ingrained in the culture and I donít have the power to change other peopleís perspectives. Now I know itís nothing I did, Iím literally being judged based on problems I didnít create, other peopleís past behavior, and straight up imaginary problems.

Anyway jobs suck, I dunno why itís so hard to find a workplace where people arenít dicks. Prob gonna have to start my own biz.

NicRN77 05-29-2019 12:25 PM

Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1822225)
Anyway jobs suck, I dunno why itís so hard to find a workplace where people arenít dicks. Prob gonna have to start my own biz.

They sure do. Iíve been dealing with a narcissistic woman at my job. It isnít so easy to ignore her. Plus, we are nurses so her actions affect human beings. She is a terrible person.

TurdBerglar 06-03-2019 10:05 PM

Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
I don't have any advice, but listen to this fucking song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqdPsHbPY1E

Dorothy Wood 06-05-2019 06:05 PM

Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NicRN77 (Post 1822226)
They sure do. Iíve been dealing with a narcissistic woman at my job. It isnít so easy to ignore her. Plus, we are nurses so her actions affect human beings. She is a terrible person.

That sucks. Some people get so wrapped up in their personal identities at work. Iím just like can we please just do our jobs? This one woman was a friend and I knew she talked mad shit about other people, so I shouldíve known sheíd do the same to me eventually. But sheís ďpopularĒ, and kinda curates social activities, and Iíve been excluded since I got promoted, which is sad. But I just have to get over it. I pissed her off at some point probably because I took away some of her duties because her work was too inaccurate, it was just unacceptable to me and the previous supervisor hated it too but never did anything about it. She just doesnít think any of her mistakes are a big deal, one or two ok, but it was like 40% of the time. Thatís too many mistakes! Geez! Iím not mean because I wanted clerical errors to stop happening so often.


Quote:

Originally Posted by TurdBerglar (Post 1822251)
I don't have any advice, but listen to this fucking song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqdPsHbPY1E

Heyyy, nice! Didnít know they were coming out with new stuff (y)

abbott 06-07-2019 07:11 AM

Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
fuck the haters, they will be wherever you go so no need to leave

a good CEO will see the truth and all you need to do is worry about yourself and do your job

47 for me this month, fuck!

Dorothy Wood 06-07-2019 05:43 PM

Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by abbott (Post 1822270)
fuck the haters, they will be wherever you go so no need to leave

a good CEO will see the truth and all you need to do is worry about yourself and do your job

47 for me this month, fuck!

Iíve never met this many haters in my life, Iím over it. Already got a job interview on Monday somewhere else. :D

bigblu89 06-12-2019 08:43 PM

Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
For the most part, people are the worst.

abbott 06-13-2019 11:26 PM

Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
weill there is a time when a new job is best.

Dorothy Wood 07-02-2019 08:55 AM

Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
Quit yesterday, it was weird as fuck. I gave two weeks, but got paid out because Iím kinda disgruntled and was honest about it. So now I have 3 weeks off before I start my new job. Learning a new trade, so the pay is low, but there are benefits and more time off, it should be interesting and after 90 days Iíll get a pay bump if I do good. Cheaper than going back to school at least (y)

NicRN77 07-02-2019 06:05 PM

Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1822364)
Quit yesterday, it was weird as fuck. I gave two weeks, but got paid out because Iím kinda disgruntled and was honest about it. So now I have 3 weeks off before I start my new job. Learning a new trade, so the pay is low, but there are benefits and more time off, it should be interesting and after 90 days Iíll get a pay bump if I do good. Cheaper than going back to school at least (y)


Sounds like you made the right move for you. Hope it all works out! 🤗

mikizee 07-07-2019 05:52 AM

Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice
 
Congrats! Here's to better mental health. I think you did the right thing, for what it's worth.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2012 Beastie Boys