Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie-Free General Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   this is stupid (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=95004)

Bob 07-23-2010 12:01 AM

this is stupid

remember that girl i had that handful of dates with about 7 or 8 months ago that there was that big thread about? i went to the movies with some friends last night and on the way out i saw her, with what i assume was a date. whoever he was he was better looking than me anyway

and it's stupid and i feel stupid but i kind of can't get the sight out of my head at the moment. i was over it, i had her completely out of my head and all but now i guess she's back in it for a little while.

i mean it shouldn't be unexpected. of course she'll be dating other people. she probably was while we were dating, as short a time as that was. she's probably even fucking him, probably other hims as well, that's what people do, normal people i mean. i just kind of liked it better when i wasn't thinking about it

i wish i didn't feel bad about it because i feel like it's a stupid thing to feel bad about, but i do, and i also feel bad about feeling bad about it so that doesn't help. i just want to complain about it on the internet for a little

at least i didn't see it until after the movie. inception was very good

i wish i could have gotten used to all this silly dating crap in high school like everyone else. i picked the wrong week to stop drinking

sjp 07-23-2010 12:22 AM

Re: this is stupid

women are bitches not the ones on here, but the ones we guys date, hell even my fiancee is a bitch at times. the cure for you predicament go to a bar and meet some chick and rail her.

Echewta 07-23-2010 02:03 AM

You learn to deal with it after a serious hearthbreak or two and a healthy dose of rejections, not necessarily during your years in school etc.

Chances are this will bug you for awhile. My suggestion is to immediatly find another girl to focus on, even if it means you don't ask her out. Idle minds...

paul jones 07-23-2010 04:13 AM

Bob....start drinking again(y)

taquitos 07-23-2010 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul jones (Post 1739145)
Bob....start drinking again(y)

yes. say its just for a decade or so

Kid Presentable 07-23-2010 05:53 AM

You get a woman though and the issues still come thick and fast.

It's not some unattainable holy grail; they're just people. Fucking weird ones, sometimes. Sure it's nice, but reality is a shit of a thing, and you will ultimately at some point have to deal with the pre-packaged illusion of love being shattered, and having to decide to either opt out of the game or battle on, figuring out what real love and commitment is actually about.

The first condition you should make up for yourself Bob is that you won't let a woman dictate how good or bad you feel about yourself. That will save you a lot of time.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.

skra75 07-23-2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjp (Post 1739135)
women are bitches not the ones on here, but the ones we guys date, hell even my fiancee is a bitch at times. the cure for you predicament go to a bar and meet some chick and rail her.

(y) what he said

Waus 07-23-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Presentable (Post 1739147)
It's not some unattainable holy grail; they're just people. Fucking weird ones, sometimes. Sure it's nice, but reality is a shit of a thing, and you will ultimately at some point have to deal with the pre-packaged illusion of love being shattered, and having to decide to either opt out of the game or battle on, figuring out what real love and commitment is actually about.

The first condition you should make up for yourself Bob is that you won't let a woman dictate how good or bad you feel about yourself. That will save you a lot of time.

This is good advice.

Echewta 07-23-2010 01:06 PM

What makes the women on this board different then women not on this board? Or are you just being chicken?

Bob 07-23-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echewta (Post 1739142)
My suggestion is to immediatly find another girl to focus on, even if it means you don't ask her out. Idle minds...

yeah that's probably part of it. i haven't really had any women in my life since then. as best years of peoples' lives go, mine have been pretty slow

jabumbo 07-23-2010 02:34 PM

what about that girl who comments on all of your facebook ramblings?

yeah, you know who i'm talking about

Guy Incognito 07-23-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 1739175)
yeah that's probably part of it. i haven't really had any women in my life since then. as best years of peoples' lives go, mine have been pretty slow

- i lost a lot of my twenties worrying about my life not going anywhere. then i started doing stuff about it and good stuff happened. (not saying you are worrying but just in case you are..dont)

- kid p was right , its hard if even if you achieve "success". Being in a relationship can be like stevie wonder doing the rubiks cube at times.

- Feeling bad about all this is totally acceptable. Just dont get too hung up on it. She didnt completely stamp all over your heart, just knocked it a bit.

abcdefz 07-23-2010 04:44 PM

It's pretty normal to feel how you do, Bob. If you date more regularly, then this will usually only happen with the ones you really care about.

One thing I regret from my younger days was how many girls I genuinely enjoyed being with that I didn't even consider because I didn't
find them... not "not attractive," exactly, but... let's just say I couldn't imagine having sex with them. (It almost always had to do with
excessive weight, not overweight.) Now I realize I definitely missed chances with great girls who are probably now astounding
women.

I guess what I'm saying in part is don't take any of your girl/friends for granted. More often than not, a woman wants the man to do the
asking, and guys wind up finding out much much later after it's "safe" that there was interest.

Anyway... back to your topic... it's not stupid.

Bob 07-23-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcdefz (Post 1739191)
It's pretty normal to feel how you do, Bob. If you date more regularly, then this will usually only happen with the ones you really care about.

yeah, i figure that. the problem with getting her out of my head is that there's nobody else in there really so i guess it doesn't take much to get her back in it.

i need a life

abcdefz 07-23-2010 05:10 PM

While you're building confidence and experience, it can be all about percentages.

Coffee is for closers, Bob. :D

nodanaonlyzuul 07-23-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echewta (Post 1739171)
What makes the women on this board different then women not on this board? Or are you just being chicken?

Yeah I was wondering the same.

I'm a bitch sometimes (!)

nodanaonlyzuul 07-23-2010 05:41 PM

p.s.

a mix of Kid Presentable's words/finding another girl to focus/not overlooking friends is key.

I can completely understand feeling bad about yourself due to someones rejection because we all go through that to varying degrees. You just learn that in the end it's not a big deal. There's a lot of people out there. Just keep on keepin on.

cosmo105 07-23-2010 07:17 PM

Yeah, what they all said. Besides, this is nothing. Wait till one of them really breaks your heart :D

But seriously, there will be many, many others. Believe me, once you get your bearings in it and become more confident it'll grow exponentially. You'll be more comfortable going after women and let it just roll off your back when it doesn't work out. She wasn't the one, so why waste another minute pining for someone that wasn't right?

(I know this is all easier said than done, and really it's something you have to learn for yourself. No matter how many times people will tell it to you, it won't sink in. But you'll get there.)

faz 07-23-2010 07:20 PM

With every post bob makes I feel more and more like we're the same person.

NicRN77 07-23-2010 10:25 PM

I feel your pain, Bob. Things will get better!

Dorothy Wood 07-24-2010 02:29 AM

there's some awesome insight in this thread, bob, don't dismiss it. i'm almost over 30 now and i feel happier and more creative and more comfortable than i ever have in my whole life. you gotta let go of the past, that's the key. focus on the positive aspects of your self and build on them. even if it seems dumb at first. you are really gifted in wit and lots of anonymous people around the world think you're tops. that's not nothing dude. i think you oughtta get involved in the comedy scene where you live. i think you'll find it's full of horny women

Echewta 07-24-2010 02:33 AM

You'll never find, as long as you live
Someone who loves you tender like I do
You'll never find, no matter where you search
Someone who cares about you the way I do

sjp 07-24-2010 02:44 AM

in all seriousness u can't force love or a relationship let it come to you.

DandyFop 07-24-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1739224)
i think you oughtta get involved in the comedy scene where you live. i think you'll find it's full of horny women

true that, dude. My nerdy comic friends are all getting mad action now that they do pretty well on stage.

Guy Incognito 07-24-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1739224)
there's some awesome insight in this thread, bob, don't dismiss it. i'm almost over 30 now and i feel happier and more creative and more comfortable than i ever have in my whole life. you gotta let go of the past, that's the key. focus on the positive aspects of your self and build on them. even if it seems dumb at first. you are really gifted in wit and lots of anonymous people around the world think you're tops. that's not nothing dude. i think you oughtta get involved in the comedy scene where you live. i think you'll find it's full of horny women

listen to the wise woman robert.

you said you needed a life, maybe comedy is it. You have had thoughts about doing comedy before. Even if you just go to a few comedy nights to have a laugh or to see if you could do it. Even if you decide its not for you then at least you gave it a go and you might pull.

miss soul fire 07-26-2010 06:14 PM

Men sound so much like women sometimes...

:p

Echewta 07-26-2010 07:29 PM

Does this board make my font seem too big??

Bob 07-26-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandyFop (Post 1739248)
true that, dude. My nerdy comic friends are all getting mad action now that they do pretty well on stage.

are they goofy looking? the nerdy comic friends i mean, not the women. well maybe the women too

cosmo105 07-26-2010 09:20 PM

I'd say they're nerd cute. Like you are, Bob. Seriously, being up on that stage exponentially increases attractiveness level to lots of people. And if you're actually funny? Drowning in labia.

Bob 07-26-2010 09:26 PM

that sounds horrible