Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gratitude (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=97938)

JasonP 05-05-2012 06:24 AM

Gratitude

I just wanted to let everyone on this board know that I have appreciated all of their updates and insights over the years. I figure there is a chance this little community may not stay as intact as it once did, so I wanted to make sure I got this message out. Coming here is a daily routine for me and so many of you make checking out this board a happy piece of my life. I just wanted to say thanks.

I love Adam Yauch.

Kid Presentable 05-05-2012 06:32 AM

Re: Gratitude

Well said, and co-signed. I know I act a little sarcastic on here, but I joined at a time when people had an e-persona. I hope those who got to know me, knew it was just messing around.

Removing all of that, this is the single biggest moment in our collective history. If anybody wants an understanding ear (eye?) please feel free to PM.

I thank each and every one of you for your contributions over the years. This Beastie stuff was a beautiful thing, let's all of us appreciate it. It's what he would have wanted.

The Ron 05-05-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonP (Post 1784346)
I just wanted to let everyone on this board know that I have appreciated all of their updates and insights over the years. I figure there is a chance this little community may not stay as intact as it once did, so I wanted to make sure I got this message out. Coming here is a daily routine for me and so many of you make checking out this board a happy piece of my life. I just wanted to say thanks.

I love Adam Yauch.

I second this!!
I may not have 1000+ posts but I've been a member for a long time and I visit multiple times DAILY. I don't know anyone personally here, but I feel like I do. So much love and insight and respect. I have friends/family that do not fully understand how powerful the Beasties community is. I had a hard time sleeping last night, I woke up in the middle of the night and got online to read more of the wonderful tributes. I can just imagine MCA and JMJ spitting out some sick beats and rhymes for everyone in the afterlife.
As hard as it is for us fans I cannot imagine what his family and close friends are going through.
Beastie Boys for life!!!!!!

2LonelyBeasties 05-05-2012 07:39 AM

Jason P,

After reading your post I instantly thought of the B-Boys song "Graditude"

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ZdJ5e70Q8mw

Personally, I think a lot of us will continue to stay on here and talk about how those 3 Amazing, Talented men touched our lives with their unforgettable lyrics and creativity! MCA may be gone, but he definitely will not be forgotten!

Matchstikk 05-05-2012 07:42 AM

I'd be willing to friend a few of our click here on fb. Feel free to PM me if you wanna do the same. If we don't like it, we can always unfriend. It just seems right that we should know each other outside the board as well...

Jay

b-grrrlie 05-05-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonP (Post 1784346)

I love Adam Yauch.

Same here. I've always had beastieboys.com as my homepage and visit this space first thing I do every day. I've almost always had Boys on my background pic (since I got my new computer it's been Yauch with some buddhist monks with white scarfs). I've made friends during all these years, some virtual but some even irl. I thank too for all the laughs and arguments and now tears.

Yauch will always be in my heart.

GWENjmz 05-05-2012 08:03 AM

Haven't been to this board in ages. Had to come by and say hi. My thoughts and prayers go out to Adam's family, including Mike and Adam. This just sucks, but I can't help but think that Adam would want us to celebrate his life and music, and try not to mourn his death.
Peace

BoggleKing 05-05-2012 08:13 AM

Adam, you will truly been missed but never forgotten. You were an inspiration to me as a young teenager growing up and a blessing to all you who knew, followed your work, your music and your vision for the world!!! Keepin' the hot sauce hot!!!

Turchinator 05-05-2012 09:53 AM

every single person that posts here, yesterday, was THAT person that their friends and family thought of when the news broke of Adam's passing.

I'm sure we all got the texts, the phone calls, the messages of sadness, support, and solidarity.

to know that he , along with his bandmates, turned so many people into thoughtful creatures that they themselves are surrounded by loving an thoughtful family members is such an awesome feeling.

we were made better to make the people around us better. and now those people know we are hurting.

because of Adam Yauch and the Beastie Boys.

J-BAN 05-05-2012 10:15 AM

I second that JasonP (my cousin). Without you I would never gotten into the Beastie Boys and with out them life wouldn't be as much fun as it is.

I rarely post but read this board everyday! Thanks everyone!

I love you MCA!

Matchstikk 05-05-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-BAN (Post 1784442)
I second that JasonP (my cousin). Without you I would never gotten into the Beastie Boys and with out them life wouldn't be as much fun as it is.

I rarely post but read this board everyday! Thanks everyone!

I love you MCA!

Being from Halifax, have you seen Ghettosocks? I LOVE THAT DUDE. Would love to catch him live someday. If you haven't seen him, check him out. Very old school vibe, great lyrics, funny - everything the Beasties are.

JasonP 05-05-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matchstikk (Post 1784384)
I'd be willing to friend a few of our click here on fb. Feel free to PM me if you wanna do the same. If we don't like it, we can always unfriend. It just seems right that we should know each other outside the board as well...

Jay

I would like to extend the same FB invite to anyone interested. Just PM me.

J-BAN 05-05-2012 11:16 AM

Yep, very familiar with Ghettosocks. Lots of great tracks!

Matchstikk 05-05-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-BAN (Post 1784477)
Yep, very familiar with Ghettosocks. Lots of great tracks!

Nice. Glad to know another Beasties FANADDICT like me is holding it down in Halifax. Peace.

Matchstikk 05-05-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonP (Post 1784459)
I would like to extend the same FB invite to anyone interested. Just PM me.

I have to say, friending Jason and knowing there is another superfan out there is very comforting. Let's friend it up!

J-BAN 05-05-2012 12:50 PM

PM me. I'm down.

Space 05-16-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

"when you've got so much to say it's called gratitude, and THAT'S RIGHT."
:(

https://p.twimg.com/AtER29DCMAEEc4i.jpg
https://p.twimg.com/AtCVz5qCEAIKkda.jpg

pshabi 05-17-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space (Post 1788266)

Word.