Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!?! (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=100449)

ericg 08-25-2018 07:02 AM

Re: whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!?!

chill

Extra Cheese 08-25-2018 09:20 AM

3 pages.

Why?

Just why?

3!!!!!

Why?!!!!?

Finkasaurus 08-27-2018 05:51 AM

why

i already said someone should lock this thread but, does anyone moderate this place?

why

WesleyOHSnaps! 08-27-2018 09:41 AM

Yeah I was just coming on here to ask why this thread is still going.

Micodin 08-27-2018 02:00 PM

the real question is why are you worrying about locking threads and moderators on the beastie boys mb in 2018? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

=Shadrach= 08-27-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericg (Post 1820401)
it's like adidas and puma or whatever...

To me, and I am genuinely trying not to be an arse.... but more like Adidas and Air Walks.

But in general, and I am sure you are aware as a long time Beastie fan... they tool'd on things that weren't their style or mix of culture. 311 was never Hip Hop - not just in sound or style - but in culture. Even if their logo/brand utilized graffiti style font. It just wasn't.

So, the fact that they borrowed a bit of Hip Hop/Reggae/Ska flavor to complete their style - , left them open a bit.

Just my dumb opinion!

WesleyOHSnaps! 08-27-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micodin (Post 1820584)
the real question is why are you worrying about locking threads and moderators on the beastie boys mb in 2018? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:D

Finkasaurus 08-27-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micodin (Post 1820584)

im def not worried about it however when forums are moderated, they make for a better community typically

Brother McDuff 08-27-2018 08:59 PM

i too find myself continuously, needlessly subjecting myself to the developments of this dialogue. blindly assuming this thread might take a fortuitous turn down a more stimulating avenue. but alas, any activity on these boards of late, paired with the looming release of the book, well, I find myself thirsty for just about any activity that rears its trolly little head.

ahhh. christmas eve has come early indeed.

camo 08-28-2018 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finkasaurus (Post 1820588)
im def not worried about it however when forums are moderated, they make for a better community typically

Fine. I'll moderate it.

ANYONE WHO POSTS UNDER THIS MESSAGE HAS TO GET A 311 TATTOO ON THEIR FACE.

Rodie 08-28-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camo (Post 1820591)
Fine. I'll moderate it.

I already have one, does that mean I need to get another!?!?

Micodin 08-28-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camo (Post 1820591)
Fine. I'll moderate it.

deal. face tattoos are all the rage w/this generation. i'll just tell peeps that it's a gang related tattoo.

Jiberish 08-30-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericg (Post 1820536)
hahahahahahhaah

omg why don't you just suck his dick. maybe have a little circle jerk with all your new friends...

You sound unnecessarily jealous. There is still room in my heart for you ericg.

dust monkey 09-10-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot (Post 1820505)
FYI, Charlottesville is a very liberal town. Most of those white supremacists at the rally were from other areas and other states. A lot of the counter-protesters were local though.

ha fair enough Skratch... to be or not to be schooled. i honestly did not know nor did i ever lookup so thx for heads-up.

dust monkey 09-10-2018 04:32 PM

oh crap i just read through pages 2 and 3 after the last one. please i don't want a face tattoo, isn't that kinda like a sign that you've just given up?

and erikOMG, you are really hanging on to this and saying a lot of bad words. honestly are you 311? pnut maybe...? give it up, who are you really?

Sir SkratchaLot 09-10-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dust monkey (Post 1820638)
ha fair enough Skratch... to be or not to be schooled. i honestly did not know nor did i ever lookup so thx for heads-up.

(y) You'd never know unless you live in Virginia because it kind of makes sense from the outside that Charlottesville would be some type of civil war town with white supremacist, rebel flag waving rednecks all around, but that's not at all how it is in real life. The University of Virginia is pretty dominant in Charlottesville and there's lots of money in the surrounding county, ... horse farms with pretentious sounding names and whatnot. You've got kids playing polo, soccer and lacrosse. Let me put it this way, it's the type of place where you can buy a baguette at the gas station.

I talked to one lady who was a local counter-protester and she was hit and run at the rally. She said the lady who hit her was from Florida and had tunz of gunz in her minivan. The guy who murdered Heather Heyer was from Ohio.

dust monkey 09-12-2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot (Post 1820641)
(y) You'd never know unless you live in Virginia because it kind of makes sense from the outside that Charlottesville would be some type of civil war town with white supremacist, rebel flag waving rednecks all around, but that's not at all how it is in real life. The University of Virginia is pretty dominant in Charlottesville and there's lots of money in the surrounding county, ... horse farms with pretentious sounding names and whatnot. You've got kids playing polo, soccer and lacrosse. Let me put it this way, it's the type of place where you can buy a baguette at the gas station.

I talked to one lady who was a local counter-protester and she was hit and run at the rally. She said the lady who hit her was from Florida and had tunz of gunz in her minivan. The guy who murdered Heather Heyer was from Ohio.

crazy times for sure. i often think about what yauch's words of wisdom would be right now cause in my opinion it's much worse than the TT5B Bush talk.

ericg 09-17-2018 07:27 AM

wtf are you trying to say?
oh & btw 311 is def also hip hop, reggae, ska, punk, funk, soul, rock n roll etc... whether you think so or not.

'and if you don't like it then hey fuck you'

ericg 09-26-2018 07:40 AM

oh and throw some ballet in there as well

Brass Monk 09-26-2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericg (Post 1820670)
wtf are you trying to say?
oh & btw 311 is def also hip hop, reggae, ska, punk, funk, soul, rock n roll etc... whether you think so or not.

'and if you don't like it then hey fuck you'

No. A lot of Beastie Boys fans justifiably do not like or respect 311. If you don't like it go to a 311 message board (if there is such a thing)

ericg 09-27-2018 07:28 AM

no. a lot of beastie boy fans like 311 and a lot of 311 fans like beastie boys.
so you can go somewhere if you don't like it...

annnnnnnnnnd...... 'just shut the fuck up'

Brass Monk 09-27-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericg (Post 1820790)
no. a lot of beastie boy fans like 311 and a lot of 311 fans like beastie boys.
so you can go somewhere if you don't like it...

annnnnnnnnnd...... 'just shut the fuck up'

I’m just stating facts, and I’m not leaving a beastie boys message board because I don’t like 311. Again , you should find a 311 message board where your antics would be more appropriate

Micodin 09-27-2018 04:09 PM

sounds like someone is about to get the strap.

ericg 09-28-2018 05:37 AM

that someone sounds just like you ... i'll take you out back with a rubber hose strap on.. your mom sed you like that

Micodin 09-28-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericg (Post 1820812)
that someone sounds just like you ... i'll take you out back with a rubber hose strap on.. your mom sed you like that

spoken like a true redneck from florida.

ericg 09-29-2018 07:57 AM

merica