Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   General Beastie Boys Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   White Castle References (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=78421)

BeastieAlbum07 03-29-2007 08:28 PM

White Castle References

How many times will the 'Boys talk about the great White Castle on the new album?

Hopefully many times!

ggirlballa 03-29-2007 08:39 PM

Re: White Castle References

they've only talked about it like once before

DrunkenMantis 03-29-2007 08:40 PM

that shit is so good

BeastieAlbum07 03-29-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggirlballa

I believe they did in 6 different songs on LTI.

Maybe they bring it back.

A song called Castle or Slyder would be great.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs 03-29-2007 09:03 PM

The first white castle was in Chicago, and I dont think they had them in NY back in that day. I know they still dont have white castles in a lot of places. Like Wisconsin and Florida.

Pootytang 03-29-2007 09:17 PM

How do you talk about anything on an all instrumental album. The closest you they could come is to name a song "White Castle" or maybe even the whole album.

BeastieAlbum07 03-29-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pootytang
How do you talk about anything on an all instrumental album. The closest you they could come is to name a song "White Castle" or maybe even the whole album.

THIS ALBUM WILL NOT BE INSTRUMENTAL.

PERIOD.

Pootytang 03-29-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeastieAlbum07
THIS ALBUM WILL NOT BE INSTRUMENTAL.

PERIOD.

What is so wrong with an instrumental album? IMO, I think it would be sick.

kleptomaniac 03-29-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggirlballa

And I can always make them smile
From White Castle to the Nile-Girls

I Got the ladies of the eighties from here to White Castle-Hold It Now Hit It

I chill at White Castle 'cause it's the best-The New Style

White Castle fries only come in one size-Slow and Low

We went to White Castle and we got thrown out-Slow Ride

etc.

:D

spacemac9000 03-29-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
The first white castle was in Chicago, and I dont think they had them in NY back in that day. I know they still dont have white castles in a lot of places. Like Wisconsin and Florida.

yes...i think there were actually white castles in NY 'back in that day".....;)

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs 03-29-2007 09:46 PM

Well I never said there wern't but I remember hearing that the first one was in Chi-town and it took a long time for them to span out so I didnt know if they had them when they were rappin about them. I figured there were places in NY, or how else could they go there all the time? I just wasnt sure. Like I said, I know a lot of places that still dont have them.

Chicago doesnt have Big boys - lol random fact of the day. They shut all of ours down because they had rats and were poisoned and shit.

ggirlballa 03-29-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleptomaniac
And I can always make them smile
From White Castle to the Nile-Girls

I Got the ladies of the eighties from here to White Castle-Hold It Now Hit It

I chill at White Castle 'cause it's the best-The New Style

White Castle fries only come in one size-Slow and Low

We went to White Castle and we got thrown out-Slow Ride

etc.

:D

oh shite....i haven't listened to LTI in a while...

we don't have white castle here in cali, i've never had a white castle burger.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs 03-29-2007 10:11 PM

MY POINT PROVEN!!! ^

ggirlballa 03-29-2007 10:15 PM

i have a feeling the first white castle was in New Jersey, just a feeling

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs 03-29-2007 10:20 PM

No it was in chicago. New Jersey? Wtf is in New Jersey? I lived in NJ and I hated it. The only thing good that ever came from there in my opinion is Kevin Smith and the rest of his crew.

Pootytang 03-29-2007 10:23 PM

The company was founded in 1921 in Wichita, Kansas, when entrepreneur Billy Ingram partnered with cook Walter Anderson. At the time, Americans were hesitant to eat ground beef after Upton Sinclair's 1906 novel The Jungle had publicized the poor sanitation practices of the meat packing industry. Founders Edgar Waldo "Billy" Ingram and Walter Anderson set out to change the public's perception of the cleanliness of the industry. They constructed small buildings with hygenically white exteriors and stainless steel interiors, and outfitted their employees with spotless uniforms. Their first restaurants in Wichita, Kansas, were a success, and the company branched out into other midwestern markets, starting in 1923 with Omaha, Nebraska. White Castle Building No. 8, built in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1936, was an example of the chain's prefabricated porcelain buildings. The building measured 28 feet by 28 feet and was modeled after the Chicago Water Tower, with octagonal buttresses, crenellated towers, and a parapet wall.

kleptomaniac 03-29-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pootytang
The company was founded in 1921 in Wichita, Kansas, when entrepreneur Billy Ingram partnered with cook Walter Anderson. At the time, Americans were hesitant to eat ground beef after Upton Sinclair's 1906 novel The Jungle had publicized the poor sanitation practices of the meat packing industry. Founders Edgar Waldo "Billy" Ingram and Walter Anderson set out to change the public's perception of the cleanliness of the industry. They constructed small buildings with hygenically white exteriors and stainless steel interiors, and outfitted their employees with spotless uniforms. Their first restaurants in Wichita, Kansas, were a success, and the company branched out into other midwestern markets, starting in 1923 with Omaha, Nebraska. White Castle Building No. 8, built in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1936, was an example of the chain's prefabricated porcelain buildings. The building measured 28 feet by 28 feet and was modeled after the Chicago Water Tower, with octagonal buttresses, crenellated towers, and a parapet wall.

wow pooty, that almost sounds like something wikipedia would say! (y) ;)

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs 03-29-2007 10:35 PM

God damn it Pooty :mad: (n)
Lol. Well then whatever Travel channel program I was watching was wrong!
Kansas of all places? how lame.

Pootytang 03-29-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleptomaniac
wow pooty, that almost sounds like something wikipedia would say! (y) ;)

Funny thing is, I pulled this out of my brain. ;)

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs 03-29-2007 11:03 PM

its kinda funny how they went through all that trouble to make everything look clean yet its still the worst and greasiest thing out there. As healthy as eating a crave case sounds...

KENNY GUIDO 03-30-2007 09:20 AM

white castle is nasty. I have one in my town and find myself going there when im hammered. I remember I went once through the drive thru and puked all over the pick up window!

KENNY GUIDO 03-30-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

No it was in chicago. New Jersey? Wtf is in New Jersey? I lived in NJ and I hated it. The only thing good that ever came from there in my opinion is Kevin Smith and the rest of his crew.

what? you dont like bruce springstein?

carl 04-01-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Wasn't Adam Horovitz born in New Jersey?

Shazam_21 04-01-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO
white castle is nasty. I have one in my town and find myself going there when im hammered. I remember I went once through the drive thru and puked all over the pick up window!

I was gonna ask what kind of quality is the stuff they turf out there? Is it anything like the stuff Hesgburger (Swedish branch in the baltics!) does for like 32p a burger, full of majonaise, cheese, a gherkin and a 2mm thick burger?!?!

facedownfall 04-01-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO
what? you dont like bruce springstein?

"well they blew up the chicken man in philly last night and they blew up his house too"

pete yorn does an impressive cover of "atlantic city"