Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Family Album (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=153)

hitmonlee 10-18-2006 08:26 PM

Re: The Family Album

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastiegirrl101
I don't see a theme.

do you think normal people dress like that? :confused:

tracky 10-18-2006 08:29 PM

I think the easiest way to explain it would be to say it was a redneck theme party. or there abouts. bogans are pretty much our equivalent of the redneck. yes?

btw there's no where near enough wife beaters and flannos, I'm a bit disappointed actually.

hellojello 10-18-2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracky
I think the easiest way to explain it would be to say it was a redneck theme party. or there abouts. bogans are pretty much our equivalent of the redneck. yes?

btw there's no where near enough wife beaters and flannos, I'm a bit disappointed actually.

don't they call rednecks hicks over there?

hitmonlee 10-18-2006 08:40 PM

Quote:

rednecks who REALLY REALLY love cars.

hellojello 10-18-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitmonlee

yeah but not just any cars turanas (sp) datsans (sp) (if they're oldschool enough) or for the newage bogan commodores and or anything with aerodymanic wings because we all know how important that is to driving at 120kmph. It makes ALL the difference.

icy manipulator 10-18-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

hahaha, yeah i couldn't find my wifebeater unfortunately so i opted for the good old hawaiian shirt. just a note, most of the people at this party went to Brisbane Grammar School, which is the most expensive school here, so there's were 2 types of people there, those who's parents were so fucking rich that they sent their kids to the most expensive school just because they could, and those who's parents had to work their asses off to send them to that school. so yeah, might point being that half of them wouldn't even know what a bogan is like.

some of the girls got creative tho, there was a few that converted a garbage bag into a boob tube type dress. i'll see what other photo's i have lying around from that night

icy manipulator 10-18-2006 11:42 PM

Quote:

lol, out of my 3 best friends at that party, one's got a RX7, anothers got a XR6 and the other a Silvia. all at least 10 years old and all have more money doing them up then that spent on purchasing the car

tracky 10-18-2006 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icy manipulator
some of the girls got creative tho, there was a few that converted a garbage bag into a boob tube type dress. i'll see what other photo's i have lying around from that night

i spotted her just to the side in the pic with the over-alls guy throwing the horns

hellojello 10-19-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

hahaha, yeah i couldn't find my wifebeater. just a note, most of the people at this party went to Brisbane Grammar School, which is the most expensive school here, so there's were 2 types of people there, those who's parents were so fucking rich that they sent their kids to the most expensive school just because they could, and those who's parents had to work their asses off to send them to that school.

Why are you guys calling them wifebeaters they're called bondsies goddamnit. I'd like to hear you say on the street man look at that wifebeater and have your average aussie think you were talking about a fucking bonds singlet as opposed to someone that actually bashes their wife.
Secondly, if, like you say it's the most expensive school there, don't kid yourself there's no ''two types'' .....
parents that ''work their arses off'' to send their kids to the most expensive school in town are still rich regardless. And probably stupid too I bet it didn't help except by making their kids into spoilt brats with the expectation that because they went to a wealthy school they somehow deserve certain things in life.
Some parents work their asses off just to put food on their kids plates and pay their rent every week. They're called the working poor. They exist they're out there, they're everywhere, coming to a suburb near you!

icy manipulator 10-19-2006 12:07 AM

Quote:

i spotted her just to the side in the pic with the over-alls guy throwing the horns

i think they were grooving away to intergalactic. one of the highlights of the night
seriously tho, none of those fuckers knew sledgehammer! they're missing out on good 80's music!

hellojello 10-19-2006 12:10 AM

I hope there was at least some Acca Dacca otherwise you all should be ashamed. A bogan party without acca dacca is no bogan party at all.

icy manipulator 10-19-2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellojello
Why are you guys calling them wifebeaters they're called bondsies goddamnit. I'd like to hear you say on the street man look at that wifebeater and have your average aussie think you were talking about a fucking bonds singlet as opposed to someone that actually bashes their wife.
Secondly, if, like you say it's the most expensive school there, don't kid yourself there's no ''two types'' .....
parents that ''work their arses off'' to send their kids to the most expensive school in town are still rich regardless. And probably stupid too I bet it didn't help except by making their kids into spoilt brats with the expectation that because they went to a wealthy school they somehow deserve certain things in life.
Some parents work their asses off just to put food on their kids plates and pay their rent every week. They're called the working poor. They exist they're out there, they're everywhere, coming to a suburb near you!

ok you are so fucking wrong here. i'm only friends with a small group of friends from this school and rich or poor, they are all decent people. there are a lot of dicks from grammar who think everything in life is handed to them on a silver platter but i'm not friends with them. some of them are very fucking rich yet they work their asses off at uni and have to pay for everything in their lives and they deserve everything they get in life. others such as my tall friend in the hawaiian shirt only went because his uncle left him $60000 to pay for his tuition.

My family is the same. i didn't go to grammar, but i did go to a rather expensive school, and i am very grateful for it. my dad in particular works at least 60 hours a week including getting called out at 2 or 3 in the morning at least once a week, just so he can provide a better life for us. my mum even works sunday arvos for extra money. they never travel, their cars aren't that great, but their hard work has allowed them to send my brother and i a good school, and has allowed them to pay off their house, a rental property and a beach house. and i am very grateful for that, and it has taught me that to work hard in life

so dont you fucking dare say people like me a stupid and spoilt brats

hitmonlee 10-19-2006 12:36 AM

Quote:

Why are you guys calling them wifebeaters they're called bondsies goddamnit.

i have never, ever heard them called that

bonds singlets and wifebeaters. thats all.

hellojello 10-19-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

ok you are so fucking wrong here. i'm only friends with a small group of friends from this school and rich or poor, they are all decent people. there are a lot of dicks from grammar who think everything in life is handed to them on a silver platter but i'm not friends with them. some of them are very fucking rich yet they work their asses off at uni and have to pay for everything in their lives and they deserve everything they get in life. others such as my tall friend in the hawaiian shirt only went because his uncle left him $60000 to pay for his tuition.

My family is the same. i didn't go to grammar, but i did go to a rather expensive school, and i am very grateful for it. my dad in particular works at least 60 hours a week including getting called out at 2 or 3 in the morning at least once a week, just so he can provide a better life for us. my mum even works sunday arvos for extra money. they never travel, their cars aren't that great, but their hard work has allowed them to send my brother and i a good school, and has allowed them to pay off their house, a rental property and a beach house. and i am very grateful for that, and it has taught me that to work hard in life

so dont you fucking dare say people like me a stupid and spoilt brats

I said the parents were stupid and the kids were spoilt.
You're right, every family in Australia on a dual income has their own house, a rental property and a beach house.
EXCUSE my ignorance

Quote:

An estimated 732,000 (14.9%) dependent children
live in poverty in Australia;
• Over 1.7 million (12.8%) adults live in poverty;
• Poverty in Australia is now a phenomenon that
primarily affects those of working age;
One in five poor Australians now live in a family
where wages and salaries are the main income
source, thus being part of the growing number of
working poor
;

hellojello 10-19-2006 12:44 AM

Quote:

i have never, ever heard them called that

bonds singlets and wifebeaters. thats all.

Maybe it's cause you're from the city I dunno, I never heard anyone refer to them as that other than Americans.
Quote:

wife-beater (b) U.S. colloq. [app. associating such a garment with men who commit domestic violence], a man's sleeveless cotton undershirt or vest; (also) a shirt for women designed to resemble this.
1993 Crazy Stanford Law Students on Acid{em}True Crime!! in alt.drugs (Usenet newsgroup) 18 Nov., "Pee-Wee had the emaciated body of Tolkien's Gollum and sported brown khakis and a *wifebeater tanktop." 1994 Boston Globe (Nexis) 28 Sept. 35 Bowling shirts are in, wife beaters are out. 2000 M. GLADWELL Tipping Point 207 White teenage girls in Los Angeles dressing up like Mexican gangsters with the look they called 'the wife beater'{em}a tight white tank top with the bra straps showing. 2003 Wired Mar. 106/1 The young racers sport wife-beaters and military buzz cuts.http://www.abc.net.au/southwestvic/stories/s1680484.htm

hitmonlee 10-19-2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

Maybe it's cause you're from the city I dunno, I never heard anyone refer to them as that other than Americans.

i lived in the country for 5 years

Tzar 10-19-2006 05:04 AM

the blue ones are wifebeaters, elsewise are singlets?

venusvenus123 10-19-2006 05:16 AM

i think the australians have taken over the board :(

mikizee 10-19-2006 06:08 AM

i have travelled all across this great brown land, and bonds singlets have always been referred to as wifebeaters. mainly blue ones.

Tzar 10-19-2006 06:18 AM

you live in adelaide, everything is a wifebeater :cool:

icy manipulator 10-19-2006 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venusvenus123
i think the australians have taken over the board :(

damn straight. i'm gonna find myself a wifebeater now

Kid Presentable 10-19-2006 07:22 AM

Why do you have to listen to AC/DC only in ironic circumstances?

hellojello 10-19-2006 09:30 AM

you don't you could always go to a B&S ball. acdc all the way.
well interspesred with lee kernigan's 'the boys from the bush'.

Echewta 10-19-2006 11:48 AM

ericlee 10-19-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echewta

"Crawwwwliiiiiinggg in my skinnnnnn, these wouuuuunnndddsss theeeeyyy willlll nooooottt heeeeaaaalllll"

icy manipulator 10-19-2006 12:04 PM

i get bored easily

AdRockGRL 10-19-2006 12:25 PM

Today i've cut my hair...

Echewta 10-19-2006 01:23 PM

That last picture, the angle cut is pretty wicked.

beastiegirrl101 10-19-2006 01:51 PM

looks like Adrockgrl gets bored easy. ;)

Do you cut your own hair?? I wish I had the nerve to get a funky cut...

cosmo105 10-19-2006 02:24 PM

looks like the winter emolympics are in full swing! U GET BRONZE

edit: it does look cute though.