Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Family Album (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=153)

abcdefz 03-08-2007 02:14 PM

Re: The Family Album

Ugh. I hate fiberglass.

cookiepuss 03-08-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep_Sea_Rain
And finally, my favorite. Unfortunately this critter isn't so photogenic...she stays in her burrow for months on end, and I rarely (if ever) see her. The crickets disappear, that's how I keep tabs :) So I wasn't able to get a picture of my exact spider, but here's what it looks like....

Cobalt Blue Tarantula (Haplopelma lividum)

wow. she's amazing and I don't even like spiders!

beastiegirrl101 03-08-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

While I'd like to keep them out in display for all to see, my girlfriend won't have it. Instead they reside in a closet...which is actually best for them. It keeps them warm, and they love the dark...

Your gf is a saint! I'd be up all night wondering if they were going to escape and attack me.

Yorkshire~Rose 03-08-2007 02:32 PM

The Cobalt Blue Tarantula is beautiful. (y)

A friend of ours used to have a Chilean Rose Tarantula. I never held it but i found it fascinating to look at. I'm not a huge fan of spiders but i quite like tarantulas because they move quite slowly (apart from when they hunt i guess? Not too up on my spidey knowledge!)
My main fear of spiders comes from how quick the buggers dart from one side of the room to another.

Deep_Sea_Rain 03-08-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastiegirrl101
Your gf is a saint! I'd be up all night wondering if they were going to escape and attack me.

You have no idea how much negotiating I had to do to keep these guys. She's one of the most Arachnophobic people on Earth...I still don't know how I convinced her. But seriously, the way they're set up, you'd never know I keep 15 spiders in this place. They're tucked away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiepuss
wow. she's amazing and I don't even like spiders!

Thanks! They happen to be my favorite type of spider...the Blue is just beautiful. When people think of tarantulas, they tend to think of dull colors...Browns and Blacks. But tarantulas come in every color spectrum, with the more elaborate colors tending to be the most expensive.

Deep_Sea_Rain 03-08-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire~Rose
The Cobalt Blue Tarantula is beautiful. (y)

A friend of ours used to have a Chilean Rose Tarantula. I never held it but i found it fascinating to look at. I'm not a huge fan of spiders but i quite like tarantulas because they move quite slowly (apart from when they hunt i guess? Not too up on my spidey knowledge!)
My main fear of spiders comes from how quick the buggers dart from one side of the room to another.

Rosies are the most common tarantula. Online, if you know where you look, you can get an adult female for $5. But in most pet shops if you see a tarantula for sale...it's probably a Rosie. Sadly 9/10 times pet stores don't care for their spiders (or animals in general) properly, and they'll over price them. The same $5 Rosie online may end up costing you $50 in the store. High. Way. Robbery.

cj hood 03-08-2007 05:12 PM

nice pix.....that blue tarantula is cool.......i saw a t-shed once........crazy ish....and the old skin looks just like the t......

ericlee 03-08-2007 05:18 PM

Nice critters and all Deep Sea but, shouldn't you make a thread titled "my critters" to keep all that yakity schamk out of the family album?

:rolleyes:

Deep_Sea_Rain 03-08-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericlee
Nice critters and all Deep Sea but, shouldn't you make a thread titled "my critters" to keep all that yakity schamk out of the family album?

:rolleyes:

It's not a bad idea. I considered doing that this time around (I posted my snakes in here too)...but I didn't think there would be any conversation about 'em :D

venusvenus123 03-08-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icy manipulator
i never realised gareth was maori

neither did he!

Lyman Zerga 03-08-2007 06:44 PM

hey dsr can you (anyone) actually love those things or are such animals just "interesting"?

same question goes to heiress :P

hpdrifter 03-08-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

You have no idea how much negotiating I had to do to keep these guys. She's one of the most Arachnophobic people on Earth...I still don't know how I convinced her. But seriously, the way they're set up, you'd never know I keep 15 spiders in this place. They're tucked away.

Most frightening statement ever.

Johnny Railroad 03-08-2007 07:12 PM

Spider-Deep_Sea_Rain-Gang

very scary ! they look nice and when say just sit around it`s ok , but I cannot look to them when they move around :eek: getting goose-flesh ....

*runawaytz*

GreenEarthAl 03-08-2007 11:26 PM

Re: kiwi sandwich

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEIRESS

Echewta, what will you be doing in this new year to assure that HEIRESS doesn't threaten your record? S'about time for a trip to Chicago I'd say.

HEIRESS 03-09-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyman Zerga
hey dsr can you (anyone) actually love those things or are such animals just "interesting"?

same question goes to heiress :P

ehehehe
they were by far the nicest and bestestest looking boys I met during my entire trip, flat out.
I wanted to just punch both of them in the face they were so handsome.

Echewta 03-09-2007 11:16 AM

I've retired GEA. I'm in the books. Thats what's important.

icy manipulator 03-09-2007 11:26 AM

snakes, spiders, scorpians? there has to be at least one aussie here that has a pet croc to show up DSR

g-mile7 03-09-2007 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEIRESS
ehehehe
they were by far the nicest and bestestest looking boys I met during my entire trip, flat out.
I wanted to just punch both of them in the face they were so handsome.

U need to make a trip to Norcal and visit me and Cookie!

And Auton ;)

beastiegirrl101 03-09-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echewta
I've retired GEA. I'm in the books. Thats what's important.

no footsie (n)

The Notorious LOL 03-09-2007 03:53 PM

Id drink with Gareth. Tatum too. Heiress as well.

Drederick Tatum 03-09-2007 04:20 PM

I'm concentrating on my Blue Steel, but I wonder what those two were looking at...

Gareth 03-09-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icy manipulator
i never realised gareth was maori

ngai tahu tribe brah

miss soul fire 03-10-2007 09:07 AM

OMG! Last night...Damn...Only I know...:|

And thanks in delay.

avignon 03-10-2007 10:28 AM

Miss Soul Fire is gorgeous

icy manipulator 03-10-2007 11:15 AM

Re: OMG! Last night...Damn...Only I know...:|

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss soul fire

And thanks in delay.

now that's what i'm talking about paulo (y)

g-mile7 03-10-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avignon
Miss Soul Fire is FIYA!!!

fixed ;)

King PSYZ 03-10-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drederick Tatum
I'm concentrating on my Blue Steel, but I wonder what those two were looking at...

Was Minton dancing on the bar in a diaper again?

hitmonlee 03-11-2007 04:51 AM

i dyed my hair red

Pres Zount 03-11-2007 04:59 AM

That's a good colour.

Helvete 03-11-2007 09:36 AM

Bad that is not.