Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Awesome parenting skillz! (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=65269)

mickill 04-05-2006 04:32 PM

Awesome parenting skillz!

Documad 04-05-2006 04:33 PM

Re: Awesome parenting skillz!

Let me be the first to say "Yay" a thread all about Ava!

cosmo105 04-05-2006 04:33 PM

your photos are always framed so nicely. and your family is gorgeous.

Documad 04-05-2006 04:35 PM

Ha! I beat cosmo by a whisker!

Why does Ava like playing with mom, but not dad?

cosmo105 04-05-2006 04:38 PM

grrrrrrrr.

because he makes her wear suggestive shirts.

mickill 04-05-2006 04:42 PM

Ava does like playing with me. It's just, I frame the pictures better, as cosmo already mentioned. So I'm, like, in charge of pictures and stuff....while Jenny plays with her...nahumsayin?

DandyFop 04-05-2006 04:46 PM

I feel like these pics make me way more happy than they should.

DapperDiverge 04-05-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandyFop
I feel like these pics make me way more happy than they should.

agreed!!(y) (y) :D

except the fourth one... she looks kinda upset in that one
hmmmmmm...it's probably her nap time... i get pretty cranky when i don't get my nap time...just wanna snuggle up with me blanky and my teddy bear...nite-nite!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tzar 04-05-2006 05:41 PM

pahahaha someone make a caption contest for this.

i can't think of something so i'm asking y'all.

na§tee 04-05-2006 05:52 PM

^ that one is my favouritest! is that you holding her, mickill? hot side of face!
are you on flickr? i am. yes.
you have a muchos beautiful daughter and family. big love.
that is all!

Lindsey_1535 04-05-2006 06:48 PM

meerrr so cute

Pres Zount 04-05-2006 07:41 PM

I thought this was a thread where people post pictures of bad parenting skills, and I was kind of convinced it was until about four pictures down. No offence, jus kidding.

enree erzweglle 04-06-2006 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickill

I wish there was a heart icon in the list. I love these photos ^^^ in particular. :D That you spend time doing little things together is so cool.

Yesterday at the gym, two women/regulars were on the machines to my left and they were griping about the fact that their kids are home from school for two weeks and how awful that was for them (the parents).

I honest to God could have cried at the thoughts of parents dreading having that kind of time with their kids. So after maybe 10 minutes of it, I said something. Which I hate to do but I'm stressed anyway so fuck it.

They'll blink and it'll be over. It was like that for me it seemed even though I took off every day that my son had off from school and until he didn't want to spend that kind of time with me anymore, I spent that time with him hiking, going to the zoo, just doing stuff. No regrets.

I think parents who don't spend time with their kids probably don't want to because they never have.

beastiegirrl101 04-06-2006 09:40 AM

mickilla...the last two are my favs. Does she always grab her ear when she cries? I used to babysit for a kid that did that all the time. The last one reminds me of the Beatles Album cover...you know which one. She is so beautiful you are so blessed.

voltanapricot 04-06-2006 10:57 AM

Okay, let's fast forward 18 years. When Ava brings home a nice boy, Mike the Embarrassing Dad TM is going to whip out OMG Baby pictures!TM to show said nice boy. Ava isn't going to be bothered a bit, because these are all beautiful shots and are going to do the young lady of the future social justice. Nice one!

beastieangel01 04-06-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by na§tee
^ that one is my favouritest! is that you holding her, mickill? hot side of face!
are you on flickr? i am. yes.
you have a muchos beautiful daughter and family. big love.
that is all!

oh oh, what's your username on flickr? I'd like to add you :)

skinnybutphat 04-06-2006 01:09 PM

Is Ava walking at 11 months? Impressive. I have to whip my lil' punk ass boy into shape. I won't be bested by no damn Cambodians.

abcdefz 04-06-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnybutphat

"...your mother's in here, Karras! With ussssssssssss...."

mickill 04-11-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnybutphat
Is Ava walking at 11 months? Impressive. I have to whip my lil' punk ass boy into shape. I won't be bested by no damn Cambodians.

She started standing almost 2 months ago, but now she's walking like a pro. She also claps her hands when you say 'clap clap clap'. And she calls me 'dad'. Not 'dadadada' like before or 'daddy', just 'dad'. We have the exact same high chair, by the way.

Nata, she does grab her ear when she cries. I have no idea what that's about. I guess it's pretty universal.

You're such a sweet sarnie bastard, Clo.

I'm not on flickr, na§tee na§, but the other parts of my face are a little more visible in this one:

I was kinda hoping other parental types would contribute to the thread and post evidence of their ample paternal/maternal skillz, but that's fine. Guess it's just Skinny and I.

DandyFop 04-11-2006 01:36 PM

Mike's hot.

cosmo105 04-11-2006 01:37 PM

i want to know what skinny's kid was eating there. and by eating i mean smeared all over his face. at least he looks happy about it.

mike's not hot. he's smokin'!!!

ampm 04-11-2006 01:41 PM

I smell menage.

Nuzzolese 04-11-2006 01:54 PM

OhmygodOhmygod!! These pictures have me grinning from ear to ear. I had no idea I loved babies so much! They are freakin adorable little things! And the best part is, they don't even know what's going on! Not like they're stupid or something, they're just so cute because it's all they know. They don't even know how cute they're being, because they're just drinking or walking or laughing or something, and it's just how they do thiings. It's adorable without them even having to try.

Mike, your wife is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life. And you look nice too.

mickill 04-11-2006 01:54 PM

Merv's hott.

DIGI 04-11-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzar

pahahaha someone make a caption contest for this.

i can't think of something so i'm asking y'all.

As her father gently whispers into her ear "Do you see that man over there, Ava? He's your real father." She knows now that her entire life was a lie.

beastiegirrl101 04-11-2006 02:03 PM

nice fade mickilla.

Nuzzolese 04-11-2006 02:23 PM

How old do you think Ava will be when she realizes her parents are cooler and more attractive than all the other parents? I think about 9 at the latest but I can't really tell because I never realized that for myself.

mickill 04-11-2006 02:26 PM

Okay, now you're just blowing smoke, man. I don't think she'll realize anything of the sort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGI
As her father gently whispers into her ear "Do you see that man over there, Ava? He's your real father." She knows now that her entire life was a lie.

All 11 months! Nothing but lies!

I don't even have a fade, Nata!

beastiegirrl101 04-11-2006 02:28 PM

your chops are groomed impeccably. I dont think one hair is out of place.

BGirl 04-11-2006 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickill

from this angle, with those pants it looks like she has elephant feet (and I mean that in the best possible way)

tooooo cute

lovely photoz (y)