Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie-Free General Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Comfortable air temperature (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=92691)

Nuzzolese 09-08-2009 02:05 PM

Comfortable air temperature

Don't you hate it when you're cold, and in an attempt to keep warm, your body overheats to the point where you start sweating, and then you get cold again? My limbs and hands are cold but I'm sweating. It's like my body is a cheap oven, unevenly baking the cookies.

I hate those radio and TV weather people who sit in an air-conditioned room all day and act like all their listeners are supposed to agree with them on the best kind of weather. "It's going to be mid-80s, a beautiful day!" And I groan because I'd prefer it a little cooler. Why is it assumed that everyone wants the warmest weather all the time? And then they act so proud and self-satisfied as if they were the ones making it hot and sunny and I ought to be patting them on the back. They didn't do a damn thing.

b i o n i c 09-08-2009 02:22 PM

Re: Comfortable air temperature

ill take 65 degrees all day everyday, thankyouverymuch

the local weatherman here is the biggest fucking ham in the world. he's got the 80s scott baio haircut and his eyebrows are always /. .\ . i worked at an event with him and all the old ladies were throwing themselves at him

he does act like he controls the weather, or at least when the other news people beg him for a sunny weekend, he doesnt not act like he and mother nature are tight

jabumbo 09-08-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b i o n i c (Post 1695790)
ill take 65 degrees all day everyday, thankyouverymucht

agreed (y)

and note to self: don't let nuzz bake any of your cookies

easy 3 09-08-2009 04:25 PM

Without meaning to come across as some kind of politico douche, I find comfortable air temperature a kind of fascinating subject...

I often stand there in the bleak midwinter, wrapped up in all sorts of warm clothing, freezing my bits off and thinking "only six months ago I was stood in a similar spot in shorts and T-shirt, roasting my nuts off?".

Basically when you consider shit like Kelvin and the core heat of the Sun in comparison to the range of temperatures that the human body can comfortably cope with, we're talking about a pretty finite range.

I don't know what your general take on global warming and stuff is, but I do sometimes worry that we're fucking with the locks on Pandora's box a little bit here.

NicRN77 09-08-2009 04:31 PM

I loathe hot weather. 60s-70s and sunny is fine by me. I even thoroughly enjoy a rainy day every now and then.

mickill 09-08-2009 06:17 PM

I think our summer's over now. Which is fine with me because there's a lot of really nice looking sweaters in my closet that aren't getting worn.

funk63 09-08-2009 07:55 PM

I can't wait for winter.

nodanaonlyzuul 09-09-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuzzolese (Post 1695781)
Don't you hate it when you're cold, and in an attempt to keep warm, your body overheats to the point where you start sweating, and then you get cold again? My limbs and hands are cold but I'm sweating. It's like my body is a cheap oven, unevenly baking the cookies.

This happens to me. All. The. Time. I hate the feeling of being sweaty all over my body but my hands and feet are ice.

I hate it. I get cold really easily so anything below 70 makes me shiver. Then I get hot really easily and sweaty. Once it hits over 77 I am sweating like crazy. And a notch or two above that? When it's too warm out, it always sucks for everyone, but I go in to overload and get bad headaches.

I need the temperature to stay between 70 and 77 for me to be comfortable. :( I'm a princess without wanting to be.

Nuzzolese 09-09-2009 05:06 PM

I am such a sweaty person. I probably sweat more than the average person. The minute I'm overwarmed, I start sweating. Whenever I work out, I'm always dripping and my face gets so red and then it stays that way for hours so I look like I got a sunburn. Some people don't seem to sweat much, even during physical exersion. What's your secret?

I like to sweat, it feels so cleansing. But it's embarrassing to be the only one in my dance class visibly soaking through her clothes. It's probably because I'm a fatty supreme.

Nuzzolese 09-09-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodanaonlyzuul (Post 1696031)
I need the temperature to stay between 70 and 77 for me to be comfortable.

Yes, and relatively dry. Where could we ever find such a paradise that would be this way all year?

Randetica 09-09-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easy 3 (Post 1695811)
Without meaning to come across as some kind of politico douche, I find comfortable air temperature a kind of fascinating subject...

I often stand there in the bleak midwinter, wrapped up in all sorts of warm clothing, freezing my bits off and thinking "only six months ago I was stood in a similar spot in shorts and T-shirt, roasting my nuts off?".

Basically when you consider shit like Kelvin and the core heat of the Sun in comparison to the range of temperatures that the human body can comfortably cope with, we're talking about a pretty finite range.

I don't know what your general take on global warming and stuff is, but I do sometimes worry that we're fucking with the locks on Pandora's box a little bit here.

i swear your signature made my day, haahahahaah!

Dorothy Wood 09-09-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuzzolese (Post 1696035)
Yes, and relatively dry. Where could we ever find such a paradise that would be this way all year?

L.A. I'm constantly comfortable when I'm there. at night you might have to put on a sweatshirt, but that's kind of nice. or, the mountains in arizona, it's nuts how comfortable it is up there. dry and cool with awesome rocks and junk to look at.

as for sweating, I think I sweat an average amount. my head sweats abnormally maybe, I get the red face too. It used to embarrass the crap out of me when I was in school in gym class. my roommate never sweats, it's strange. she gets cold really easily too. she has been known to wear a jacket on an 80 degree day. I'm pretty sure she's a witch.

TurdBerglar 09-09-2009 06:14 PM

80-85 bright and sunny low humidity. perfect

anything under 75-70 and im cold

Nuzzolese 09-10-2009 10:26 AM

I wish there was a place that would be autumn year-round, including the bright colored trees. Of course, that would be impossible. But wouldn't it be nice?

Nuzzolese 09-10-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabumbo (Post 1695793)
and note to self: don't let nuzz bake any of your cookies

Right, because I bake cookies using my body instead of an oven.

NicRN77 09-10-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuzzolese (Post 1696175)
I wish there was a place that would be autumn year-round, including the bright colored trees. Of course, that would be impossible. But wouldn't it be nice?

I must agree. My favorite time of year.

TurdBerglar 09-10-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuzzolese (Post 1696175)

no

hpdrifter 09-10-2009 12:19 PM

I'm a cold sweater too. So annoying.

I'm looking forward to fall and winter this year, I enjoy summer but the idea of snuggling up, rainy nights and blustery days is nice.