Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Beastie-Free General Discussion (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Random musings (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=97205)

hardnox71 09-15-2011 01:30 PM

Random musings

While doing laundry this morning, I came to the conclusion that there is no viable reason for infant clothing to be white. Absolutely pointless.

Just sayin'.

MC Moot 09-15-2011 01:52 PM

Re: Random musings

Somehow a black christening gown would seem inappropriate to me...just sayin...;)

hardnox71 09-15-2011 01:56 PM

Yeah, that doesn't sound like it would go over to well. :p

I was talking about stuff worn everyday. Even with bleach, a lot of stains just don't come out completely and all babies do is spit up and spill. No point for any of it to be white.

MC Moot 09-15-2011 02:30 PM

I think the real problem is that baby's have very poor table manners...and an almost blatant disregard for whom has take the responsibility for cleaning up after them...you just watch...they throw food around, dribble everywhere and even spit it up or out!...it's all like "look at me I'm so cute!"...really, people should be playing books on tape about basic etiquette to the child while in utero...never mind the Mozart...(lb)

hardnox71 09-15-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC Moot (Post 1772825)
I think the real problem is that baby's have very poor table manners...and an almost blatant disregard for whom has take the responsibility for cleaning up after them...you just watch...they throw food around, dribble everywhere and even spit it up or out!...it's all like "look at me I'm so cute!"...really, people should be playing books on tape about basic etiquette to the child while in utero...never mind the Mozart...(lb)

You're right. They never say 'thank you' when you give them something or 'excuse me' when they fart. They coo and giggle when you are in the middle of changing a diaper from hell, like it's funny. They're rude, inconsiderate and just don't care all the way around.

But I think I'm going to stop buying white clothes just the same.

MC Moot 09-15-2011 03:12 PM

O.K...a sound plan,for the most part,I'd say...but if the child goes goth you bare the responsibility,big papa...

gbsuey 09-15-2011 03:58 PM

Surely 'not white' doesn't necessarily mean black?Kids have great clothes. I have a great tshirt that's an age 12 boys shirt. I'm pretty sure most of the other mums in the school playground recognise it as a kids shirt but I couldn't give a crap.

hardnox71 09-15-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbsuey (Post 1772832)
Surely 'not white' doesn't necessarily mean black?

No, not at all. Any color but white.

MC Moot 09-16-2011 08:43 AM

Back in black...

Kid Presentable 09-16-2011 08:50 AM

You can hear Bon Scott's ghost on Hell's Bells