View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 05:20 AM
lost her earing

Default Re: my 1st official wag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underage Girlie
i'd agree that your culture is an important part of who you are, but you shouldn't define yourself wholly using just that one aspect of your life. life is bigger than simply where your parents came from, and what they've done in the past. you have to get up, get educated and invent your own self. don't be bound by cultural expectations, i guess.

and the sad fact of the matter is, it gets you nowhere fast later on in life to hate "stuck up sons a bitches". those kids you seem to dislike so much now will probably at some point be your boss, manager or co-worker, or you'll have to rely on them or someone similar to provide a service to you, so it pays to just forget that animosity, quit with the labelling and put your nose to the grindstone and work. life isn't fair but being angry about your circumstance in comparison to that of others is pretty fruitless.
use it to fuel your quest for something better, but remember, if you simply hate them based on their upbringing/attiude, you're no better than them - be the better person and learn from them.

as for the hard done by mentality - you've complained in the past about this sort of thing, and whinged about how nobody thinks you're smart enough or whatever...i can only call it as i see it.

it's good that you have that fighting spirit, i've just never seen it before.

i guess i'm harping at you because i can see a tiny bit of my younger, naive self in your posts (course my grammar was slightly better ) but i've grown up alot and learned plenty...i suppose i just feel the need to impart what i know to someone
well no offence, but you dont know me and u've got it wrong.
im not bound by cultural expectations, i have my own life and i try to make the best of it, and do the best possible for myself, whether its culturally exeptable or not.

and i dont HATE those "son a bitches" they hate me, i just want to makle it clear to them that im just as good and we're all equal so they shldnt have any beef. the only thing i hate is some of those rich kids who've never worked for anything in their life, i intend to show them that if you want something u gotta work hard otherwise someone who knows the meaning of the 'work' will take it from you.

and all my "hate" and "anger" and "hard done by mentality" is what goes towards the A's i get in class and the dedication i have to getting out of that way of life,

so that when im older and i have kids i wont be working 7 days a week to put food on the table, i wont be so tired from working 12 hrs a day 7 days a week that i wont have time for my kids, and they wont have to see guys injecting seringes on the street while they walk to their grandmas because their parents are at working late again and cant look after them.

im not angry at the circumstances im angry that no one cares, nor do they help.

im also angry that u sit here and judge me. trust me im gonna turn out fine. i have to.

you sound like friggin' Rocky Balboa